It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make me believe in god aqain!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just don't have faith anymore, and I believed all my life, blind faith I guess you would call it, until I started having questions, of who made god, so take your best shot and try to make me believe again, I want to but there is no proof.sigh

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
>sigh<

I wish someone could do that for you. But I'm sure you know it really isn't possible. I can tell you this: we're all flawed. I'm certain no one goes their entire life without experiencing doubt. Think of it this way - the disciples who were there and present with Jesus, walked with him and witnessed what he did - even they had their moments of doubt.

And I'll say something many would consider big blasphemy - don't worry about it. Do some meditating, some reading and study. It's all part of the process. No one will be left behind. Everyone will ultimately be fine. The worst part about what you're going through is what you're doing to yourself by worrying about it.

Relax. It'll be ok.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
It's all part of the process. No one will be left behind. Everyone will ultimately be fine. The worst part about what you're going through is what you're doing to yourself by worrying about it.

Relax. It'll be ok.

Yeahright, you seem to always sum up my overall message in so few words.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
yeahright good answer! It isn't possible I know that...but I thought some of the intelligent people on here could give a little bit of proof through stories or near death experiences and I don't think NDE are real either even though they are beautiful stories to read. I won't stress over it, I'll meditate and read llike you said. Thanks again for the great answer yeahright!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Truthseeker,I have a story that I could relate but won't because most would just label me some kind of nut or try and say that it was "demonic." Let me put it to you this way, I have "seen" or come as close as one can to "seeing" God.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth please share your story then? Why worry what people on here will think about you?

[edit on 2-4-2007 by truthseeker1011]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1011
SpeakerofTruth please share your story then? Why worry what people on here will think about you?

I probably shouldn't. However, I come under enough derision without given some more fodder to criticize me. I know that sound convenient, but that is just how I feel. I like to maintain some ...how should I put it,credibility. If I related my story, in a lot of people's eyes I would lose credibility rather than gain it. I am not interested in doing that.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i once stoped believing and lets just say....my life got ruined by series of #y events......now i believe and pray for everything i want

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
speakeroftruth I understand, just like you I have seen things, that I would share,but I am having nagging doubts as to for the same reason as you but I will share it though since I am new and don't know anyone yet like you.I may post it one day.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Truthseeker,I probably should relate my experience to others, I think that they'd gain much by hearing it. However, sometimes one has to consider the consequences of revealing some things. I will tell you this, my experience was so profound and awesome that I couldn't hardly sleep for three months after it occurred.

I will also tell you that when God appeared to me he wasn't in a discernible form because no man can see God's true image and live. However, he showed me that he can reveal himself to those who are willing to see.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Make me believe in god again!

What's the point? What good would it do you?

Let me tell you what I mean before you go jump off a cliff or somethin.

Think about this. You are in a car running 100 MPH headed for a solid wall. Would you be any less dead when you hit it, if you believed in the brakes?

I didn't say anything about mashing them. I said if you believed in them.

The first thing you have to understand, is the wall you are going to crash into. No matter whether you believe or not. The second thing, is the only way to avoid going where you are going is the brakes. Not believing in them, talking to them, bowing down to them, but putting them to use.

Jesus Christ is like the brakes on a car. Without him you are dead. With him you are eternally alive. You may not understand how the brakes work, but you expect them to stop you when you apply them and they will!

Do you know for an absolute fact that when you hit the brakes on your car that it will stop you? Think about it. That doesn't make you hesitate on using them when you see the wall approaching.

The demons believe and tremble. As Jesus said only he that does the will of the Father in heaven (puts the brakes to use) will enter the kingdom.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
truthseeker1011, there's no reason to believe in god again. it's a silly to do so. and nobody can really make you believe, you have to surrender your reason to believe.

sure they can give you pascal's wager, but that's just an argument to feign belief

i suggest looking at the option that there is no god. read the god delusion, misquoting jesus, the origin of species, and the bible. yes, read the bible, if you really want the god that tells you to bring believers before him to be real, then go ahead and do so. but if you're a rational person, you'll read the bible and look at it with ridicule and disgust, especially the old testament.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

Make me believe in god again!

[What's the point? What good would it do you?

Let me tell you what I mean before you go jump off a cliff or somethin.

Think about this. You are in a car running 100 MPH headed for a solid wall. Would you be any less dead when you hit it, if you believed in the brakes?

I didn't say anything about mashing them. I said if you believed in them.

The first thing you have to understand, is the wall you are going to crash into. No matter whether you believe or not. The second thing, is the only way to avoid going where you are going is the brakes. Not believing in them, talking to them, bowing down to them, but putting them to use.

Jesus Christ is like the brakes on a car. Without him you are dead. With him you are eternally alive. You may not understand how the brakes work, but you expect them to stop you when you apply them and they will!

Do you know for an absolute fact that when you hit the brakes on your car that it will stop you? Think about it. That doesn't make you hesitate on using them when you see the wall approaching.

The demons believe and tremble. As Jesus said only he that does the will of the Father in heaven (puts the brakes to use) will enter the kingdom.

It would reassure me that there is life after this one...and many others too I'm sure.

I know though that the brakes would stop the car...I don't know that god exists.......
Are you saying I should put God to use and believe?
I think the bible is a fairy tale, told to us when we are little by a man who had a great imagination........and beat into our heads, and we all think the same about religion, well most do anyways , it's like we're conditioned to believe that there is a god, and that Jesus died for us, when there will never be any proof for any of it really.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Dear truthseeker,

The following threads are being supplied to you, it would be recommended and advised that you read them in order.

It is my opinion that you may find an invaluable amount of information to help guide you in your persuit of truth.

Have a beautiful day.

What is God?

"Christianity" vs. Humanity

Comprehending Existence

Please do read and enjoy

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thank You ever so much I will read them in a bit in order like you suggested. I appreciate all the help I can get on here.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You don't have to believe in God, He believes in you.

I've always had a problem with the resurrection, thought it was a bit of fanciful dogma. Was impressed when I read Black Elk's vision of a resurrection. He was a Lakota medicine man who later converted to Christianity, he loved the message of Christ, and came to regard him as a master of life. Maybe he got tired of carrying the load. But that wasn't enough to convince me of anything. Say the words in the apostles creed, but wonder a little in the back of my mind as to why.

Then just the other night as I was saying the rosary, a feeling came over me, like it doesn't matter if death is a final darkness, a grave into which we sleep. Or if it's the process of recurrence, what the pope regards as a kind of hell, that depends on our enlightened status to transcend. An understanding of the resurrection that cannot be properly expressed with words came over me. Nothing is ever lost.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't know why your thread is titled "make me believe in god again!".

It seems pretty obvious that you don't want to believe in him, so what the point of trying to make you believe?

it's a pity you don't have faith, it's such a beautiful thing.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I just don't have faith anymore, and I believed all my life, blind faith I guess you would call it, until I started having questions, of who made god, so take your best shot and try to make me believe again, I want to but there is no proof.sigh

You can see God in absolutely EVERYTHING. Do you ever take a close look at things? Go on a walk at sunset or sunrise and pick a leaf from a bush or tree and take a look....hold it close to your eye....take a close look...at every cell of the leaf. See it through "new eyes"...for the first time again. Take a look at a small flower growing in some patch of earth...really look at it....you will see God....it's unavoidable.

Blessings to you.....

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
truthseeker1011, there's no reason to believe in god again. it's a silly to do so. and nobody can really make you believe, you have to surrender your reason to believe.

sure they can give you pascal's wager, but that's just an argument to feign belief

i suggest looking at the option that there is no god. read the god delusion, misquoting jesus, the origin of species, and the bible. yes, read the bible, if you really want the god that tells you to bring believers before him to be real, then go ahead and do so. but if you're a rational person, you'll read the bible and look at it with ridicule and disgust, especially the old testament.

LMFAO!!

Hands down funniest post I've ever read!

You have voted madnessinmysoul for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
what did you see then speakeroftruth?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join