It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make me believe in god aqain!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I don't know why your thread is titled "make me believe in god again!".

It seems pretty obvious that you don't want to believe in him, so what the point of trying to make you believe?

it's a pity you don't have faith, it's such a beautiful thing.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

IThat's where you are wrong! I do want to believe again, I was a true believer all my life,, a christian, who one day asked herself who created God, and it annoyed me that there was no answer. Did a god just make himself or materealize out of the blue I asked myself, and then knew how to create the heavens and the earth? That was when I lost faith, but you are wrong to say I don't want to believe, I am looking for answers to believe again....I want to know there is life after this one, and that we really do go to a place called heaven like the bible says.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1011

IThat's where you are wrong! I do want to believe again, I was a true believer all my life,, a christian, who one day asked herself who created God, and it annoyed me that there was no answer. Did a god just make himself or materealize out of the blue I asked myself, and then knew how to create the heavens and the earth? That was when I lost faith, but you are wrong to say I don't want to believe, I am looking for answers to believe again....I want to know there is life after this one, and that we really do go to a place called heaven like the bible says.

As a supplement to many of the excellent comments already made, when God first consciously approached me, I asked Him, "who created You?" He replied, "I AM."

I hope this helps some.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
As a supplement to many of the excellent comments already made, when God first consciously approached me, I asked Him, "who created You?" He replied, "I AM."

I hope this helps some.

so god changed the subject on you? gave you a cop out answer? it seems like your deity is a master of deflection

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I just don't have faith anymore, and I believed all my life, blind faith I guess you would call it, until I started having questions, of who made god, so take your best shot and try to make me believe again, I want to but there is no proof.sigh

Good job!

Asking questions is the first step in becoming an Atheist. Ask a lot of questions, about anything and everything, trust nothing but your own reason. The concept of faith never wants you to ask questions or be critical; this is in its self a good reason to abandon faith all together.

Like Buddah once said;

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " –Buddha

I love that quote, it is good advice.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " – Buddha

Or, as a famous Zen master once said: 'If you meet Buddha, kill Buddha.'

What does anyone want to believe in God for? Don't they have enough courage to face the Universe on their own? Come on, what's the worst that can happen? A life of unremitting misery terminated by an long-drawn-out, excruciating death. What's the big deal?

Come on, stop crying, blow your nose and be a human!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
kinglizard I read your story already and it is beautiful....and I believe you had one you don't sound like someone who would make it up.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Truthseeker, I hope the story that I told you via u2u helps. It is something that I will never forget as long as I live. I don't believe there is a God. I KNOW there is.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Your story touched me...almost as if I could visualize it as I was reading it. What happened was bbeautiful and astounding, and it has helped me a lot speakeroftruth.it is a beautiful story and I will never forget it. It did indeed help my faith grow some, so thank you very much for sharing it with me.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Your story touched me...almost as if I could visualize it as I was reading it. What happened was bbeautiful and astounding, and it has helped me a lot speakeroftruth.it is a beautiful story and I will never forget it. It did indeed help my faith grow some, so thank you very much for sharing it with me.

You are quite welcome. That is what I am here for.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Truthseeker, sorry if I seemed a bit condescending, bit it struck me funny that you titled your thread "Make me believe...", no one can make you believe anything, it's a personal choice.

I think that's funny that such questions would make you lose faith.

Ask yourself the same thing about the universe, did the universe make itself or materialize out of thin air?

Did the universe know how to create itself?

Should you stop believing that the universe exists?

I like GreatTech's answer, God is "I AM".

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lol i cant not make you believe in God. But I can tell you my expence. If you believe in God you most likely believe and are fighting it. You got to remember just becaue bad thing happen does not mean God did it. Most likely it was the devil. In my life I have seen so much evil that God had to exist. There can not right now be one with out the other.

Man if you truly believe before, somewhere you still do. But your mad at God. And thats the first steps in not believeing God. You see most people say why God this why God that. Then they get so mad they say your not there. Look man evil happens cuz of the devil. and if God did it he does it to save souls. Who are you or anyone else to decide if what God does is wrong or right. he's the one who can read minds and forgive not you. \

If you are at the point if you dont know you believe its because God is testing you to see whats really in your heart. Life after death is not for everyone. And just not good people either. Life after death is for those who are pure in heart and will follow God till the end. Even if he says kill you mother or son. For all you know those people in there heart are evil and will kill someone soul. Half the time God lets people die or wants them dead is because its to save a son. Dont think it was for nothing.

You want to believe in God again. Well you do somewhere in side of you cuz your wanting to believe again. Go back to why you believe in the first place. Pray to God that he might lift up your spirit again. Cuz once God put his spirit in you. It doesnt go away. Us your spirit to lift up your spirit. Its kinda confuseing but unless you understand what I am saying you wont understand. But when you pray do not pray for a sign, cuz you wont get one. If you want to God to show you his life. You must give him faith.

Faith is the key to all things. Without faith you can do nothing. But remember faith without works mean nothing. So man pray..Pray...Pray.... You pray with a little faith. And God will come to you. You step toward God he'll step toward you.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Truthseeker, sorry if I seemed a bit condescending, bit it struck me funny that you titled your thread "Make me believe...", no one can make you believe anything, it's a personal choice.

I think that's funny that such questions would make you lose faith.

Ask yourself the same thing about the universe, did the universe make itself or materialize out of thin air?

Did the universe know how to create itself?

Should you stop believing that the universe exists?

I like GreatTech's answer, God is "I AM".

Scientists say the universe was caused by a big bang,
Do you believe that it was? Now there is where I have a problem, I think there had to be someone who created this universe that the planets hang in the sky and we live on a perfect planet, and how the stars just habg there along with the moon, that makes me think there has to a higher power.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Do you believe that it was? Now there is where I have a problem, I think there had to be someone who created this universe that the planets hang in the sky and we live on a perfect planet, and how the stars just habg there along with the moon, that makes me think there has to a higher power.

Scientists give the biggest cop out answer of all time.

Sure the big bang is a good theory, but they never get to the root of existence.

It will never answer the question if the singularity always existed or did it pop out of nowhere.

it sounds pretty ridiculous to say something popped out of nothing, doesn't it?

So did something always exist then?

I find it ridiculous how someone can say something always existed yet they don't want to admit it is God who has always existed, he is "I AM."

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

IThat's where you are wrong! I do want to believe again, I was a true believer all my life,, a christian, who one day asked herself who created God, and it annoyed me that there was no answer.

Your issue, after a lifetime of Faith, is who created God? You have only two choices as i see it, 1)There's an uncaused first cause or; 2)an infinite regress of natural causes. Why do you find the latter more satisfying than the former (God would be an uncaused first cause)? You're more comfortable with an infinite material world (which is not in evidence) than the idea of a timeless (uncaused/infinite) God?

I hope you realize your decision here is a choice and not simply a matter of logic or reason.

Did a god just make himself or materealize out of the blue

Did anything ever?

I am looking for answers to believe again....I want to know there is life after this one, and that we really do go to a place called heaven like the bible says.

I think you'll be ok if this is all that's buggin' you. Reminds me of the question "can God create a rock so big that He can't lift it?" God is omnipotent, all-powerful (the Most High) and the Truth... if He says He's all powerful then He wouldn't create a rock He couldn't lift. It would make Him not all powerful and therefore a liar, aka not Truth. Sorta by defintion can't do things against His nature, like lying or being created... if you follow me.

I don't intend to make light of your concerns... just seems to me there's alot more going on here then these issues. I hope I don't come off as rude or uncaring, that's certainly not my intention. If there's anything I can do besides pray for you please let me know. You need to pray also, our relationship with Him is personal... pray for wisdom on this and trust he Loves you.

I'd recommend these pages from, www.godandscience.org... as help.
Who created God? Taken from this link which is a list of similar/common questions.

God Bless,
-Rob

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I know what u mena. i would go to church and pray and ask for help every coner, but i have questions too. I can't believe anymore either. I is hard to beilieve in some u cannot see. I try but it is hard.

peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Scientists give the biggest cop out answer of all time.

Sure the big bang is a good theory, but they never get to the root of existence.

It will never answer the question if the singularity always existed or did it pop out of nowhere.

it sounds pretty ridiculous to say something popped out of nothing, doesn't it?

So did something always exist then?

I find it ridiculous how someone can say something always existed yet they don't want to admit it is God who has always existed, he is "I AM."

So who created God? Why can God always have existed and not the universe? Why are theists so dense that they can't grasp this concept?

[edit on 4-4-2007 by VladTheImpaler]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

So who created God? Why can God always have existed and not the universe? Why are theists so dense that they can't grasp this concept?

[edit on 4-4-2007 by VladTheImpaler]

You are operating under the notion that things of the spirit operate under the same laws as things of the physical. It doesn't. God didn't needa mother and father like humans do because God is strictly spirit. Let me ask you a question. Assuming you believe in a spirit and if you don't then pretend that you do, does your spirit have a father and a mother?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here is the problem. When the servant go and ask out of no where king who created you. Do you think the King answers??? Most like in the old days he would of been kill.

You on dangerous grounds of hurting yourself and maybe others. Why does it matter who created God. Well find out at the end of time. you remind me not offense of the sheep that was good for a time. But when the wolf came to eat the sheep. The sheep desighted to eat the sheep too. Did the sheep go asking where do the master come from. Remember where are like Gold to God a special item a holy grail if you will. Its not are part to ask questions god did not give the answers to. There are somethings we dont need to know.

I mean come how, how stupid (no offense) is a it to let a little question kill you soul. You known God all your life. That cannot change that fact you knew. What you doing now is fighting God. Cuz you might be tired of the life you in. Well I tell you to keep fighting the devil and his minons, and keep giveing glory to God, and help onto the holy family. Cuz life after death is important, and where you spend it is important. A little question like who created God is a important question to asking in heaven or in the new Jerslume. Not here on earth.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxylad-ay
I know what u mena. i would go to church and pray and ask for help every coner, but i have questions too. I can't believe anymore either. I is hard to beilieve in some u cannot see. I try but it is hard.

peace

Hi Foxy......
Its easy to do wrong......easy to get upset, easy to hurt someone, easy to do what we dont want done to us.
But to do right is even more difficult.....it is hard!

What the eye can see and what your soul can feel are two different things!
The eyes can play tricks on us.......a magicians delight!

We cannot see the wind!
But we sure feel the effects it causes......just because we cannot see the wind, does not mean that it is not there!
Gods presence is felt by many people, it comes to all of us.....each in our chosen time by God, whether we choose to believe or not, is solely up to us.

I AM THAT I AM (Exos. 3.13-14
''In Him dwelleth the fulness of the Godhead'' (Col.. 2.9)
take care
helen

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I just don't have faith anymore, and I believed all my life, blind faith I guess you would call it, until I started having questions, of who made god, so take your best shot and try to make me believe again, I want to but there is no proof.sigh

Good job!

Asking questions is the first step in becoming an Atheist. Ask a lot of questions, about anything and everything, trust nothing but your own reason. The concept of faith never wants you to ask questions or be critical; this is in its self a good reason to abandon faith all together.

Like Buddah once said;

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " –Buddha

I love that quote, it is good advice.

I don't thiknk I am an atheist, I bellieve there is something out there, and asking questions is actually helping me regain my faith

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join