It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns Bush not to talk unwisely over Britons' case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I don't know, these statements seem a little contradictory Retinoid, but it's possible that I'm just misunderstanding...wouldn't be the first time.
In any event, do we really want to trump-up another justification for war here?

The statements were contradictory. I don't want war, but if there is to be one there needs to be every justification for one.

You're right about the oil thing. It is a problem because so many countries are affected (including the US). But if Iran does somehow stop the flow of oil, then the world would rally to stop them. That is what I was getting at.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
and they are Hostages! held against their will. Held at gun point i am sure, to lie on tv and letters, where the wording in the letters were all iranian phrases and such. and for no legal reason IMHO of course.
Blair & Bush are playing good cop bad cop. UK needs someone to tell the truth in a harsh way.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i wonder if this is just iran trying to act tuff?
check out this thread here on ATS

Iran fears U.S. attack in summer: Israeli general
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

But if Iran does somehow stop the flow of oil, then the world would rally to stop them. That is what I was getting at.

I figured I screwed it up.

Peace &
Good Fortune...Retinoid R
OBE1

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I am really hoping that bush stay's as far out of this as possible unless it's to tell blair to APOLOGIZE and get those troops home.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If Blair had immediately apologised in the first place instead of trying to make Iran look evil and ourselves look good. Our navy personnel would probably be safely home by now. Face facts Blair doesn't give a damn about those poor sailors and it wouldn't surprise me if Blair and his spin doctors are trying to inflame the situation even further simply to give psychotic Bush the justification he needs to attack Iran.

Blair faked Iran map (How much longer do we have to put up with this pitiful excuse for a prime minister).

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, lets just keep giving Iran the benefit of the doubt, and be very careful what we say about them. That's the path to waking up in a nuclear fire people. These people don't want to peacefully co-exist with us, they want to kill or converts us, more likely the former. Granted, that's not true of every man, woman and child in Iran, but it's true about enough of them to be a big problem down the road, especially when they are going all out to arm themselves with nuclear weapons.

I don't want a war anymore than anyone else, but Superman ain't gonna come and toss all the nukes into the sun for us! If we can't reason with Iran, then we've got to find another way to convince them that they are getting dangerously close to pushing the UK/USA too far. It would be the greatest thing ever to me if Iran would be smart enough to diffuse this situation, and re-think their nuclear aspirations. I just don't know that they have enough sane people in power there for these things to happen. I hope they wake up and realize the position they are in before it's too late. If a war starts up in Iran it's gonna be tough all over.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Iranian diplomat released in Iraq

LONDON - Britain called for direct talks with Iran to resolve a dispute over 15 captive Britons Tuesday after its first contact with the chief Iranian negotiator. The announcement followed the sudden release of an Iranian diplomat in Iraq that raised new hope for resolving the standoff.
Full text: news.yahoo.com...

Hopefully this represents some movement towards resolution...but I think Iran may still want something more.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Envoy to meet 5 detained Iranians

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's state media reported Wednesday that an Iranian envoy will be allowed to meet five Iranians detained by U.S. forces in northern Iraq since January — a possible sign of further progress toward ending a British-Iranian standoff./
Full text: news.yahoo.com...

This may be part of the 'something more', but I still have the feeling this drags on awhile. Anyways, looks like the 'no quid pro quo' stance adopted by Blair, and supported by GWB may be softening a bit.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

[edit on 4-4-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good to see that the troops are finally being released.
Is it just me or did Tony Blair look dissapointed. When he gave his speech, he look like someone whose dog had just died.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join