It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Laura Bush- First Lady?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Txhunter67
The reports about the 'hotel stay' relate to the Mayflower hotel in D.C.

Hmm. I work a block from the Mayflower (nice hotel...great Sunday brunch) and have noticed sometimes that someone of importance has been there. It's hard to tell though. It's only every once in awhile, I'll see SS agents and vehicles. That doesn't automatically mean it is Mrs. Bush though.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It seems like she's been doing her own thing on her website in the last month she's been in Italy and Brazil...and in DC doing speechs and such. But still its been awhile since she has been by her husband's side,

www.whitehouse.gov/firstlady

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am so surprised dg, she has just banished in the back burner lately to the point that even I was not even thinking of her.

I am with most of you . . . on this one . . . what happen to her . . .

And for her being a mother and busy . . . her daughters are already adults so she have plenty of fee time, is not like she is nursing babies or changing diapers.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Regarding the Radio TV-Correspondents Dinner Wednesday night (one of the biggest events in Washington each year):

The event brought together a lot of the media and political elite, including the president and first lady Laura Bush as well as Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Sen. John Kerry, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly, Williams and MSNBC's Chris Matthews and CBS' Bob Schieffer.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Yeah, she's hiding in a hotel room.

[edit on 29/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well no necessarily hiding in a motel room, but it seems that her roles are keeping her away from being in the presence of her husband and more into less media attracted duties.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Yeah, she's hiding in a hotel room.

I think the point is that she's not in the spotlight next to her husband. Like many first ladies in the past have been.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It seems like Bush always had his wife around him to give a softer look to his persona. But now i guess he doesnt care. But I havent seen much of the Pres. lately either. It seems like he was always inturrupting my t.v shows with some sort of announcement or statement. (Or maybe I just turn the channel on him more now). Btw does anyone know when they were last together at a public event?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
Btw does anyone know when they were last together at a public event?

Please tell me you didn't just post that?

There's no way you just posted that...

Nah... No one has seen them together...

Hotel room indeed...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
But that is just a social event that has not actual pull on the rest of the regular Joe in the population.

It seems like nothing more than control environment.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I first heard about Laura's staying in the Mayflower several months ago on Wayne Madsen's website. I've also seen it in the National Enquierer, which used to be a scandal rag, but does seem to have acquired some credibility after several lawsuits. And now...nothing. I keek trying to find out about it, but news of Laura is nowhere to be seen. I have heard from several different sources that Bush is drinking again - which would explain some of his more bizarre appearances.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No one is more aware of appearances than the Washington elite; so appearances will be maintained.

But for those of us that have studied body language; Poor Laura is not a happy camper around the President. Why, beats me.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
Btw does anyone know when they were last together at a public event?

Please tell me you didn't just post that?

There's no way you just posted that...

Nah... No one has seen them together...

Hotel room indeed...

'Im not stupid I read that already. I just regarded that Gala in the same sense that marg6043 did; It was a controlled invironment that didnt effect the reg. joe population.
A while back they did alot of interviews together, they got off of planes together, read to little children and such. Well now that I think about it everyplace they go is a closed environment.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But that is just a social event that has not actual pull on the rest of the regular Joe in the population. It seems like nothing more than control environment.

OF COURSE. He's the President of the United States. EVERYTHING he does is coordinated. Every minute of his day is full of official events.

You aren't going to get a picture of them out at the Food Court at the local mall ... they can't and don't do that. No modern president can.

I like Laura Bush. She's a polite and classy lady. Perhaps her cancer is back? Who knows. At any rate, I hope she is doing well.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I like Laura Bush. She's a polite and classy lady. Perhaps her cancer is back? Who knows. At any rate, I hope she is doing well.

What cancer? I didn't know that she has cancer, perhaps stressed out from being first lady and the sometimes tiresome schedule.

But we can not deny that her appearances with her husband has been few, unless is in closed doors events.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What cancer? .

I read that she had melanoma. It was operated on back in November. It was all removed ... at that point. But you never know ....

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I read that she had melanoma.

Thanks for the bit of information, this is news for me.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I agree with dgtempe that she does seem to have "disappeared" from view. For the reason(s), hard to say. Maybe it was after Condi mistakenly(?) called Bush her husband ...

[edit on 3/29/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
She had carcinoma cells below her right knee and it was operated on.

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, i appreciate everyone's interest in this and i hope someone will get to the bottom of it soon.

I may be off for a week or so but i hope we have some interesting news soon.

She could have been threatened, her cancer may be back, it could be that she really is staying away from the president...but whatever it is, it should be public knowledge, i would think, unless of course, its very embarrasing news.

She's just "Gone Missing"

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Is there a rule written down someplace that requires a first lady to be in public as often as her husband? I mean most first ladies have a cause or causes they use their bully pulpit to push. Elenor Roosevelt had the UN, Nancy Reagan had her antidrug work, Laura Bush has her literacy program, and of course Hillary Clinton had her getting ready to run for the white house

I've never heard that they are required to "do" anything, though. After six plus years of watching her husband, and her kids get bashed, I would venture to guess she might be a little bit tired of the whole thing...IMHO. Not every one has Hillary Clintons pitbull attitude towards personal attacks. Lest anyone thinks that is a slam against Ms. Clinton, I never did fault her for defending her husband and daughter when attacks were at their worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join