It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Laura Bush- First Lady?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Its not a rule. But its strange when after a good 6-7 yrs of being in the spotlight she just disappears. It would be onething if we rarely saw her since the beginning, but she just kind of faded away I never liked her husband and never will, but I have always liked her. I just hope she's okay and her cancer didnt return. Who knows maybe she's living it up and partying or started her own version of the "first wives club'

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
When is the last time President Bush and First Lady Laura was together?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Regarding the Radio TV-Correspondents Dinner Wednesday night (one of the biggest events in Washington each year):

The event brought together a lot of the media and political elite, including the president and first lady Laura Bush as well as Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Sen. John Kerry, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly, Williams and MSNBC's Chris Matthews and CBS' Bob Schieffer.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

[edit on 29/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Interesting to see Wayne Madsen cited earlier. Today's column (waynemadsenreport.com...) also includes the following: "Laura Bush has also been relying on the personal support of a close male friend, a wealthy Texas businessman, according to our well-placed Washington social sources."

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Great post DG, funny thing is, I was watching The President and the first Lady exiting the Helicopter on the front lawn of The White House and coulnd't help but notice that after they came down the stairs right before they seperated she says something to him and he doesn't even acknowledge her. I think that the toll of the Presidency is getting to him and his is just a total knob to be around. I'm guessing they haven't had sex in a long time

[edit on 29-3-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There are rumors floating around in the gossip rags that George and Laura are having marital problems. However,I take anything in those scandal sheets with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Speaker .. the tabloids are full of that stuff. I saw some just today ...

Anyways ... maybe she's just tired?? She's been First Lady for many years, and she was on the campaign trail before that. And she was first lady of Texas before that.

Maybe she's just tired of it all and is starting to slow down now that her hubby's term is almost up.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Speaker .. the tabloids are full of that stuff. I saw some just today ...

Anyways ... maybe she's just tired?? She's been First Lady for many years, and she was on the campaign trail before that. And she was first lady of Texas before that.

Well, she never really liked the spot light any way. I think one of the things that some admire about the Bush's is that they seem rather common to an extent. I have to say that I am not someone who likes everything Georgie Bush does, but do I think I could go and have a beer with him or a meal and talk about sports or something? Sure.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A president walks into a journalists' dinner

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Tell us, Mr. President, how have things changed since the last broadcasters' dinner?

www.cnn.com...

She was here in the audience. The cameras showed her when he was talking.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"A year ago my approval rating was in the 30s, my nominee for the Supreme Court had just withdrawn, and my vice president had shot someone," President Bush said Wednesday night during the annual gathering.

"Ah," he said, "those were the good ol' days."

Boy,that's the truth. I am only thirty years old, I can only remember back to,vaguely, the presidency of Reagan, but I have never seen a presidency filled with so much chaos in my life as this one. I mean, Clinton's presidency was no ride in the park, but, God!! It's funny, yet, it's sad.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Who cares?! Good Riddence.

Wouldn't it be great to see how the world functioned without the help of the elite. Say the "skull & Bones", or "Bilderbrug Group" , or even the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve just started to disappear. One by one. These are actual organizations, not speculated - rather confirmed.

I just wonder how the world's policy would change without the genius that these people provide for little ole us. Would we wither away and crumble as a free world? Or would the people thrive and rise up to become a united world with no elite holding down the masses? One human helping another human, rather than one good ole boy looking out for another good ole boy.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've also noticed that Laura is not in the spotlight as much this term. You would think Laura could help improve GW's image. No matter their problem, the Clinton's worked as a team to improve how the public viewed the presidency and fellow Democrats.

My personal belief is she is keeping a low profile due to a massive amount of threats this administration must be receiving. Like others have said, how could South America be any safer than the USA unless there is a real threat?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

..... I am only thirty years old, I can only remember back to,vaguely, the presidency of Reagan, but I have never seen a presidency filled with so much chaos in my life as this one. I mean, Clinton's presidency was no ride in the park, but, God!! It's funny, yet, it's sad.

Ahhh, to be so young....

The Nixon years were a bit on the 'wild' side, as I recall, and took a toll on Pat Nixon and even Betty Ford (hence the Betty Ford Clinic).......and I even remember some stories from the Kennedy era because my Grandmother was terrifically fascinated with them and would read the 'gossipy' bits aloud from the news papers. ( Camelot was not always purring smoothly, but the tragedy of the assassination overshadowed all else.)

All in all, 'First Lady' not a job for the faint of heart.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
I've also noticed that Laura is not in the spotlight as much this term. You would think Laura could help improve GW's image.

No one could improve Bush's image! Poor Laura, I have always been concerned for her; she reminds me of a "Stepford Wife", sort of programmed.
Dear Laura may be busy getting treated for some mental illness...maybe the type of guilt that comes with knowing your husband is a mass-murderer?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well the tabloids have been going on about a bush/rice affair for some time and there is the verifiable slip of the tongue from rice a couple years back at some Washington function where she started to say..."well I was telling my husb..." before she caught herself and changed it to... "well I was telling the president just the other night."

Since i am convinced that Monica was a right wing plant from the outset with the specific goal of setting Clinton up (he knew they were after him and he fell for it anyway the fool) I would love to see bush caught all doped up or drunk or caught with his pants down.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
She was seen busting some sweet moves with Condi while President Bush was making music with the band! (Time on video: 0:58)

Google Video Link

[edit on 2-4-2007 by bluesquareapple]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Being first lady, or first husband in the future, is not easy. No matter how popular, she, or he, is going to have to listen to, or read, some godawful things said about her, or his, other half. This is bound to take an incredible toll. Mrs. Nixon, and Mrs. Ford, aw heck, all of them aged dramatically during their husbands terms in office.

Personally, I can't even imagine how they didn't go hunting some of these people and take home a trophy or two. Some of the things I've seen said in print about their families, not to mention their husbands, I'm sometimes amazed that editorial staffs around the nation haven't had more vacancies due to "accidents".

Whether or not Mr. Bush and Mrs. Bush are having marital problems, and it would surprise me if they didn't, living in the pressure cooker of politics at that august level. I would guess, and that's all it is, that it will settle out soon after Mr. Bush steps onto and off of Air Force One for the final time. If not, they'll go their separate ways. Not unlike other married couples out in the real world.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Bush took no questions from reporters in his first public appearance since his spring break in Texas began on Wednesday. He was joined by first lady Laura Bush, her mother and his parents

www.washingtonpost.com...

What a shame, I was kinda hoping she escaped.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes, Bush and his beloved, made an appearance at church Easter Sunday.

I feel like duh
Ok, so that doesnt answer any questions posted here. They are NOT together and the church thing is a photo op thingy.

What in the world is really happening?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join