It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Extinguishing Cigarette Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I just read on an unrelated forum that many smokers in US are noticing a different taste & dizziness & nausea after smoking recently purchased cigarettes of their regular brand. I know that I will probably get flamed from the anti-smoking crowd, but some poster's suggest a recently passed law mandates that all cigarettes self extinguish after 45 seconds of dormancy. Anyone aware of this law or details of new added chemicals? Sorry posted in wrong forum, could admin move it over to conspiracySorry posted in wrong forum, could admin move it over to conspiracy, thanks

[edit on 21-3-2007 by mizzu]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I read this is the law in new york but here in michigan I havent seen it.my wife leaves them sitting for along time and thay dont bern out

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is quite interesting I haven't heard of this, if you have links or more info I'd be interested in hearing.

Unfortunately my cigarettes don't tend to stay idle for nearly anywhere resembling 45 seconds.

Spiderj

[edit on 3/21/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So you're telling me that something comprised of hundreds of chemicals, which you light on fire and breathe into your lungs, makes you feel ill?

Oh nos!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I roll my own.

It's a lot cheaper and you get pure tobacco.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I roll my own.

It's a lot cheaper and you get pure tobacco.

And, they tend to go out when left. Less waste, more death for us roll up smokers.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
www.cga.ct.gov... Fire-safe cigarettes are designed to be self-extinguishing. They have the same characteristics and cost the same as other cigarettes, but they stop burning when left unattended, thereby reducing the chance of starting a fire.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
THats awful. I don't roll mine. I do not smoke. Smokeing is for loooooooossssseeeerrss. It is nastey and gay.
Anyway, what is this about exacly. DO you smoke... r u agionst it. Don't get it sorry. Alittle slow... duh
peace

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's my understanding, that a while back, big tabacco companys actually added in chemicals to keep cigarettes burning, so if left unattended the whole thing could go to waste....thus selling more cigs in the end. I roll my own as well, and can smoke for an entire month for just under 7$, they are also chem free and go out if you don't puff on them. Why would pre rolled smokes need a chemical added in to go out faster, when it does so in a natural state free of chemical additives? I just tested one of my freshly rolled smokes...it went out in 21 seconds, without ANY additives.

"different taste & dizziness & nausea after smoking recently purchased cigarettes of their regular brand"

Sounds like they had thier first taste of real tabacco in a long time, cigarettes should provide a buzz(dizzyness) unless you chain smoke, the taste may be chem free now, and a little nausea from smoking too much real untainted tabacco.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxylad-ay
It is nastey and gay

Nastey [sic] it may be, but I didn't realise there was a direct correlation between smoking and homosexuality, do you have a link to this study by any chance?

slow... duh

You don't say?

[edit on 21/3/07 by Implosion]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It is nastey and gay

Its gay because its cool. Like its bad means its good!

I picked up smoking again ( peer pressure...yes i'm a weakling) and I do feel nauseous after two parlaments in a row.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Nastey [sic] it may be, but I didn't realise there was a direct correlation between smoking and homosexuality, do you have a link to this study by any chance?

Gay in the Internet lexicon means Bad/Stupid/Inane. It's meaning Gay = Happy has been twisted by the Net generation to mean the exact opposite. It has nothing to do with Homosexuality. I guess theres a generation gap in your knowledge of slang eh?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sardion - I got the impression that maybe they were being sarcastic. Some people get offended by people using the word "gay" as meaning lame or bad. I don't think they literally took it for being homosexual.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It is nastey and gay

I don't want to be a know-it-all but I don't think any of you are correctly translating foxylad-ay's message.

First of all "nastey" can be roughly translated as "awesome." For further information on this word, please see Janet Jackson (Ms. Jackson if you're nastey).

By referring to cigarette smoking as "gay", foxylad-ay is trying to say that when you smoke a cigarette it makes you so sexy that you risk attracting individuals outside your target sexual orientation.

For example, I am a straight male, but when I smoke I not only get hit on by chicks but by dudes too because I am irresistable. It's nastey. When I'm super gay, I will even attract animals outside my species who find me to be totally hot in a dangerous and mysterious way.

So there I am surrounded by nastey dudes and chicks with dogs humping my leg and everyone's like "U R $!"

And I'm like "no I M 2 gay 4 U looooooooooooooser."

new topics

top topics

join