It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be outlandish to say....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
DCP

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
on the other hand many technological breakthroughs and advances have come because of war. Necessity being the mother of Invention and all

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Contrair to what people may think, Wars have actually solved to produce more, newer, better technologies than before. The Cold War is a good example of rapid technological advancement into ALL areas.

All a war is, is a competition with the loss of lives. Competition forces innovation.

I blame our current state of life and level of technology not on Wars, but on Earth's geographic and atmospheric conditions. Ice Ages, mass extinctions, volcanic eruptions. The human race has only been dominant in terms of technology for what? 10 thousand years? Evolution takes place over millions of years.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would like to point out that we as humans have limitless possibilities if we think about one certain game, World of Warcraft.

Now, what does WoW have to do with limitless possibilities you ask? Well, it just so happens that the total amount of time that people has spent in WoW as of 2006 was 100.000 years.
That's the time of human evolution...!

Just think about what we could achieve if we spent all those hours on developing, say, cold fusion?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
earth took 5 billion years to produce intelligent beings. It could happen alot quicker or longer on other planets depending on the conditions.

e.g: most scientist pin the rise of animal life on earth to the rise of free oxygen which took 4.5 billion years to get to a high level. Planets with less tectonic activity or even planets which are less iron rich would be able to build up oxygen much faster. It could take as little as 500 million years on some planets.

also dinosaurs wasted 150 million years of our time, we could have done with them getting wiped out quicker then mammals would have taken over and evolved much faster.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The thing is ironically wars speed up the development of technology.

Also I sincerely doubt that all the emotions and things we deal with are limited to just human beings, I would think they would effect pretty much all sentient species. So the chances of a sentient race not having any wars like we do is actually quite unlikely.

Perhaps at a certain point they matured and solved all their problems, and thats why they are exploring.

Hopefully that will happen to us some day.

[edit on 3/14/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's not outlandish to say that humans are frightened breed driven by (power) money, sex women, and land, greed is 99% of every human being since the moment they can say their 1st words,

E=mc Squared people

Could have been used for good, but no the only thing humans think about is being on the defensive to feel protected against their own human fellow beings, like frightened little pups, what about all the pollution we are generating killing our own planet, but no the oil companies want their money and for what?! I don't know maybe to make more wars for profit or exploit third world countries and their people, and again to gain what?!
maybe so the richest of the richest can have 120 room mansions, in New York City Manors in Florida with their own golf courses, have their own jets and their own freaking little islands, or who knows maybe their own little space shuttle to go to the moon and have a smoke enjoying the view of the universe, while the rest of the suckers are trying to rob a convenience store to make ends meet to say the least oh yes I love this democracy and freedom, don't get me wrong I should be able to get to the position those bastards are with my 100 thousand dollar debt I have just to finish my masters in university, haha I guess I'll be able to afford is a house and a good bmw by the time Im 31 and I'll consider myself lucky if i get that, nevermind that 120 room mansion in New York city.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo
It's not outlandish to say that humans are frightened breed driven by (power) money, sex women, and land, greed is 99% of every human being since the moment they can say their 1st words,

E=mc Squared people

Could have been used for good, but no the only thing humans think about is being on the defensive to feel protected against their own human fellow beings, like frightened little pups, what about all the pollution we are generating killing our own planet, but no the oil companies want their money and for what?! I don't know maybe to make more wars for profit or exploit third world countries and their people, and again to gain what?!
maybe so the richest of the richest can have 120 room mansions, in New York City Manors in Florida with their own golf courses, have their own jets and their own freaking little islands, or who knows maybe their own little space shuttle to go to the moon and have a smoke enjoying the view of the universe, while the rest of the suckers are trying to rob a convenience store to make ends meet to say the least oh yes I love this democracy and freedom, don't get me wrong I should be able to get to the position those bastards are with my 100 thousand dollar debt I have just to finish my masters in university, haha I guess I'll be able to afford is a house and a good bmw by the time Im 31 and I'll consider myself lucky if i get that, nevermind that 120 room mansion in New York city.

What? Your post is nearly incoherent. You make no sense.

Your statement about human beings being scared is outlandish and incorrect. Humans are the most aggressive species on earth. Look around. We dominate. We are so aggressive and warlike we annihilate each other. We strap on thousands of pounds of explosives to shoot ourselves into space which is inhospitable towards all living organisms.

I don't feel like wasting anymore time with your nonsense good luck in college!

- NSBiz

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Where does agressiveness come from, from been happy, I don't think so. It comes from been scared, therefore the agresiveness that humans have is from been frightened thereby they make weapons to destroy each other and their home planet, instead of finding ways to take care of mother earth no we pollute the oceans deteriorate the atmosphere and drop bombs to sterilize the earth so beautiful landscapes can turn into mars-like deserts. Your sub-consciense got my point exactly but your conscience didn't digest it or accept it therefore you couldn't understand it you think we live in world that is charted on a road of peace, harmony and progress, but you are wrong dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Where does agressiveness come from, from been happy, I don't think so. It comes from been scared, therefore the agresiveness that humans have is from been frightened thereby they make weapons to destroy each other and their home planet, instead of finding ways to take care of mother earth no we pollute the oceans deteriorate the atmosphere and drop bombs to sterilize the earth so beautiful landscapes can turn into mars-like deserts.

Your sub-consciense got my point exactly but your conscience didn't digest it or accept it therefore you couldn't understand it you think we live in world that is charted on a road of peace, harmony and progress, but you are wrong dead wrong.

ROFL

Here, learn something.

Aggression can be seen in all parts of the animal kingdom. It is not monopolized by humans.

Aggression is an evolutionary behavior to help animals and humans alike reproduce and survive.

Remember, education is cool.

Again, I won't reply to the rest of your nonsensical post.

- NSBiz

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
the aliens live longer then us ha weve been living longer than the aliens we have fore fathers to prove it like outerspace humans they couldve been born in the year 0 or 1 like lyrans

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The only reason you've posted on this thread is because I brought up the E=mc squared comment, ofcourse since you seem to be very fond and proud of having a nuclear bomb exploding on your avatar, I guess It'll be irrelevant to explain to you how good it could be to live without those weapons, but then again theres a good and an evil, just like there's agresiveness and kindness, just like there is a + and -, and I can tell you I stand on the plus side of things, and I'm not insinuating anything else.

Can you post your thoughts on the topic of this thread please, would love to hear those.

PEACE

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nip
That perhaps "Alien's" planets/home,that have been visiting, may have been formed at the same time as the Earth and that maybe he reason they are so advanced in space travel is that they didn't fight each other and didn't spend so much time and energy on destroying themselves but instead worked on finding other places?

or should i assume that they have been around and civilized longer?

what do you guys think?

(sorry if something like this has already been posted)

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Nip]

Or perhaps their brains were much larger than ours causeing their evolution to be faster and more controlled. Unlocking things like Telepathy could be possible making them unable to hide feelings or secretes from one another. Having advance skills in science and mathmatics at a very young period in their history. Anything is possible that is the beauty of evolution.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The only reason you've posted on this thread is because I brought up the E=mc squared comment,

I posted before you ever did on this thread. I only responded to your post because it was ignorant.

ofcourse since you seem to be very fond and proud of having a nuclear bomb exploding on your avatar,

Presumptuous?

I guess It'll be irrelevant to explain to you how good it could be to live without those weapons,

but then again theres a good and an evil, just like there's agresiveness and kindness, just like there is a + and -,

I believe that the opposite of aggression would be something like meekness.

Kindness would be opposite of meanness or even cruelty not aggression.

Please educate your self on what aggression means.

and I can tell you I stand on the plus side of things, and I'm not insinuating anything else.

Right, thats why you believe it necessary to state that?

Can you post your thoughts on the topic of this thread please, would love to hear those.

PEACE

Look I'm going to stop this nonsense, for some reason your ramblings drive me.

Nip - sorry for jacking your thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't read your first post on this thread, and I apologize if I drove you crazy with my ramblings, that happens quite often when I try to hook up with girls, so maybe that's one of the reasons i'm still single, but anyway, I gotta prepare for the final exams.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Aliens can't afford to war amoungst themselves.

They have Anti-Matter weapons.

They have Stellar Converters. (burns planets complete)

They have Black Hole weapons.

They have Super Nova bombs that can destory entire star systems.

Just kidding... I don't know if any of these are a fact, but imagine a cold war like super nova weapons stand-off...

I wonder what other kinds of anti-life weapons they may posses. They had better have an ethical soicety or the universe is doomed. Maybe they settle their differences in sports...heheheee

They come here to see if we pose a threat to their existence.

Let's give them a super scare by creating a anti-life dispersion wave weapon that has a universe wide, area of effect.... whhahahahaaaa

Lucky, we are still to primitive for that, but not for long... heheehee. If ony our moral and ethical developments are as fast as our technological ones.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

That perhaps "Alien's" planets/home,that have been visiting, may have been formed at the same time as the Earth and that maybe he reason they are so advanced in space travel is that they didn't fight each other and didn't spend so much time and energy on destroying themselves but instead worked on finding other places?

Plausible...but not really, when compared to ourselves, which is all we currently know...

For us, war has been a primary technolgical motivator. The drive to build better vehicles, weapons, etc. has all been fueled by war. And, when war wasn't the driver, international competition and bragging rights drove it...just look at the space race.

I think it's a safer bet to assume that they've been around longer, and only found peace after interstellar travel negated the need to war for resources. Can you imagine if we had access to the untapped resources of the solar system even? There'd be no need for wars... Now with interstellar travel, you've really hit onto virtually unlimited resources.

Nip

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
so pretty much what needs to happen is for us to be involved in some type of galactic war to pull together as a planet, as we would a country, to increase our space-like technology

cool, no prob I'm on that

been looking back over the old stuff and I see that we have to have war for things to get done

top topics

<< 1   >>

join