It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be outlandish to say....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That perhaps "Alien's" planets/home,that have been visiting, may have been formed at the same time as the Earth and that maybe he reason they are so advanced in space travel is that they didn't fight each other and didn't spend so much time and energy on destroying themselves but instead worked on finding other places?

or should i assume that they have been around and civilized longer?

what do you guys think?

(sorry if something like this has already been posted)

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Nip]

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i couldn't think of wht to name this thread

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Seems reasonable enough.

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i purposed that to a friend and he shot it down saying impossible they have been around much longer.... and said i didn;t have any evidence...of course he didn't either so i believe my theory is just as good as any other

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It could be any possibility really. Perhaps even a combination of both that you have stated.

We perhaps shall never know.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It is just as possible as any other theory regarding 'Aliens'
... and there are plenty.

Interdimensional beings, future humans, extraterrestrials, demons etc

I personally think, if they do exist, they are most likely the evolution of humans. If they have changed that much, they would surely have cracked the wormhole theory and be able to come back... for what reason, i don't know.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What you fail to address is that 'maybe' the 'alien' is not as aggressive and war torn as humans. Since the beginning of time man has been aggresive and killing each other for honor, ego or land. In retrospect most creatures on Earth; they don't kill for the fun or land maybe territory, but mostly they kill for food. It is entirely possible aliens don't have all the short comings as humans. My 2 cents.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Stockburn]

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
What you fail to address is that 'maybe' the 'alien' is not as aggressive and war torn as humans. Since the beginning of time man has been aggresive and killing each other for honor, ego or land. In retrospect most creatures on Earth; they don't kill for the fun or land maybe territory, but mostly they kill for food. It is entirely possible aliens don't have all the short comings as humans. My 2 cents.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Stockburn]

yeah man that's exactly what i mean by not destroying themselves.. why can;t we be like that?

i blame...
1.Money
2. Religion

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
^

3) Money
2) Politics
1) Religion

Most wars in history have been over Religion. Those that aren't were caused by politics or money...

You've certainly got the right idea about that. The human race has set themselves behind by possibly hundreds of years because we'd rather spend our time and money on 'defense' and wars than research into beneficial, peaceful technologies.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nip

yeah man that's exactly what i mean by not destroying themselves.. why can;t we be like that?

i blame...
1.Money
2. Religion

Well - your also going to have to blame human nature, and evolution for man's continuing quest to find the best way to destroy himself. Our evolution impressed an aggressive survivalist nature into mans being - but when that survivalist nature and competitiveness combines with science and warfare... its a bad, bad mix.

boom.

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
yeah I've been reading buzz aldrin's book "Men From Earth" and in the beginning he is talking about the german scientist who created the U-2s or V-2s during WWII and how they wanted to use there technology for space travel and such, but the army forced them to improve long ranged missiles...

If only....if only.... It really bums me out when i think of wars that hold us back from neat stuff like space

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Originally posted by Nip

i blame...
1.Money
2. Religion

Well - your also going to have to blame human nature, and evolution for man's continuing quest to find the best way to destroy himself. Our evolution impressed an aggressive survivalist nature into mans being - but when that survivalist nature and competitiveness combines with science and warfare... its a bad, bad mix.

boom.

human nature is a given
....i hate it

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
On ATS nothing is outlandish. That being said you could state any crazy theory you can imagine and you will have people who agree and disagree with you on this forum.

- NSBiz

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That's right. We wasted all our time fighting each other and they spent their time wisely genetically deengineering themselves and building flying saucers. That's as good as any other theory.

[edit on 3-13-2007 by groingrinder]

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NSBiz
On ATS nothing is outlandish. That being said you could state any crazy theory you can imagine and you will have people who agree and disagree with you on this forum.

- NSBiz

speaking of that if you click my name you see my past 3 topics

a little out there joke on that one, posted it in the wrong place and got flamed

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
That's right. We wasted all our time fighting each other and they spent their time wisely genetically deengineering themselves and building flying saucers. That's as good as any other theory.

[edit on 3-13-2007 by groingrinder]

maybe one day we can get it together because my eyes can't conceive a world that can not grow

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
ok I'm out for the night

but i want to know want other think.... did they fight amongst themselves too?

have they always had an understanding of each other thus no need for fighting?

what do you think

g'night all

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm picking an assumption.....reading between the lines of your post that perhaps would tend to confuse the issue a bit.... namely:

That it is logical that advanced civilization (I.E. animals with the type of intelegence that spawns industrialization eTC) would tipically evolve (roughly) only after a specific period of time equal to that peroid of time from the birth of the earth up untill the appearance of man on the Scene ETC.... and that as a rule of thumb this would be applicable to other worlds ETC....

Firstly I think the issue is alot more complex and there are many many more unknown variables which make this assumption vertually rediculous....

I.E.
Firstly if you believe independent thinking scientists in the archeological sciences ETC.... modern man has been around for alot longer than acepted theory allows... by perhaps many many million years or more.
I have read of fosil finds of bowls and eating implements found incased in coal ETC...... and of human bones found in the same geological strata as dinosaurs ETC....

And secondly we have all the "mythical" stories of past civilizations on earth ECt.....
Coupled with megalithic monuments peppered around the globe which main stream idiots ... i mean scientists would have you believe were all built by peasant farmers with wooden rollers and copper chisels ETC.....
Which is absolutely obsurd.
For one copper is too soft to effect granite.... and second all attempts (one famous one being attempted by the japanese to build a 1/3 scale pyramid using The techniques suposedly used by the pyramid builders, failed completely in every single aspect......
They could not quary, transport, shape, position or maneuvour stone blocks of a 1/3 scale with-out modern machinery and still failed to even approach the accuracy achieved by the "peasant slaves" that suposedly built these things and in the end had to totally give up..... how stupid are these people?
Or more to the point how stupid do they think we are?

My point is that many civilisation have existed prior to the current one and some of their technologies were much more advances than ours are currently....

So that puts a new spin on things.....

I digress........

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I thought wars accelerated technology development.

World War 2 saw huge advances in aircraft tech. And of course that war gave a reason to develop Nuclear Fission.

And the Cold War was the reason the USA and USSR went to the moon.... with no conflict to spur them on (and supply a large budget), NASA is going to take until 2020 to return to the Moon.

Peace slows technology down.

Considering "Technological Man" has existed over the small blip of 5000 or so years amongst the millions of Life on Earth, the timeframe could have varied by hundreds of thousands of years. What if one less or more Meteor hit the Earth?
What if there was a drought so harsh in Africa that our ape forefather went extinct? Or food was more plentiful and they didn't need to compete so much and evolve brains?

Hard times and conflict encourage Evolution and Innovation.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nip
That perhaps "Alien's" planets/home,that have been visiting, may have been formed at the same time as the Earth and that maybe he reason they are so advanced in space travel is that they didn't fight each other and didn't spend so much time and energy on destroying themselves but instead worked on finding other places?

or should i assume that they have been around and civilized longer?

what do you guys think?

(sorry if something like this has already been posted)

Just to play the role of Devil's Advocate here....

Based on human history (which is, after all, the only history we have to go on at this point), you could make a strong argument that the reason our alien visitors are so advanced isn't because they're peace-loving people who have set aside conflict and violence, but rather becase they are even more warlike than humans....after all, war is a huge motivator for technological advancement.

Given that these same aliens are to blame for so many abductions, experiments, and property damage (See various threads on abductions, crop circles, and cattle mutilations), they certainly don't seem terribly peaceful.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join