It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my new AK-47!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
grats on the AK.

i myself have an AR-15 (colt) which i love dearly.
i also have a MAK-90 (modified AK 90) which i also love.

i do not hunt however. i collect and target shoot military weapons for recreation.

and as many have said, " i feel bad for the idiot who breaks into my house"

just be safe and take good care of it and when you need it most it will take care of you.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
hey guys, since alot of you own guns, let me ask you this:

how hard would it be to find a legal to own H&K G3 of any variance really (G3A3 is most common). they were used until 1997 by the German army I think.

theres a wikipedia article if you dont know what im talking about. just put in h&k g3.

do these sell at american markets, shows, or stores? if not, can you order one? if so, are they extremely expensive?

would it be a poor choice over an AK-47 with .223 rounds?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
okay my bad. make that a successor to the G3, the CURRENT gun used by the german army. that gun rocks, the G3 is cool too but i read it's obsolete.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
try googling up the PTR-91.

A semi-G3 is not that difficult to find really, but might get a little pricey. I would suggest looking into a semi-auto CETME rifle, since they are practically the same thing.

The PTR-91 is however, the Cadillac of semi-G3 style rifles, and has been praised for its accuracy.

A G3 style weapon is a very good weapon, but there are some things to consider.

1. The G3 style rifle has a grooved chamber, which can make it unreliable with cheaper, steel cased ammo.

2. Parts aren't as plentiful, so if the worst happened and you had to replace something, you would have a difficult time finding the part you need.

3. Magazines are not as plentiful, and are therefore more expensive.

If I where to get a 7.62x51NATO rifle, I would get a M1A Springfield SOCOM. But that is just me.

Good luck, and good shooting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join