It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my new AK-47!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I went to a local gun shop and saw a Romanian SAR-1 for $300 and it seemed to be in good condition. I was a bit suspicous becasue the SAR-1 usually goes for between $375-500. After I inspected it, I bought it.

It fires great and is a 2002, which I guess is better than the SARs made in the late 90s.

Anyway, here are some pics:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
omg

it's so damn sexyyy

im gonna get one soon as canada pass that law.. in like at least 100+ years from now..

i want one in full black! XD

[edit on 3/10/2007 by warset]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
XphilesPhan cool, where do you live? and do you need some sort of licence to buy it?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Congratulations on your purchase of your new rifle.

Be safe and keep them in the X ring.

Practice Practice Practice. Know your rifle.... Nice pictures.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
XphilesPhan cool, where do you live? and do you need some sort of licence to buy it?

I live in the US and I didnt need any license. its a semi-auto rifle so its completely legal.

Thanks orangetom, I have completely disassembled it and re-assembled it several times. I havent found a manual for it but I will.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Heh, nice indeed.
Unfortunately in Europe weapon laws are quite (read: extremely) strict.

So the only chance I have of getting a gun (not even BB guns, all type of weaponry are pretty much illegal, with the exception of knives & knuckledusters / bats and other items, as long as you don't hold them in your pocket or hand) is to make my own, which has proved quite cumbersome to say the least.

Oh well, have fun with it.
Then i'll try having fun with an improvised ''high power'' gaussian gun. lol.

[edit on 11/3/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If you were to create your own gun would that make it legal?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Slingshots, crossbows and the such aren't illegal either.
Like that, for example: if you were to make a gaussian gun, it wouldn't be illegal either.

UNLESS it looks like a real weapon, in which case it would be illegal.

In fact, I believe gaussian guns are probably one of the few ''weapons'' that wouldn't be illegal in my country.

You could be arrested for almost anything =) even pepperspray isn't allowed to defend yourself (only the police can use it and the such)

Funny note:
I once made a report about the "higher police force" in my country (the kind of people you'd see come when there's a riot).

And what did you know, we were allowed to look in their armory.
They had ANTI TANK weapons, I'd be damned if that many police officers have anti-tank weapons in their armory.

[edit on 11/3/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wish europe didnt have suchj strict gun laws

It would make for a far more inclusive weapons forum.

*sighs*

Thanks guys.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I wish europe didnt have suchj strict gun laws

"Europe" doesnt have strict gun laws. Individual member states have them, yes, and the UK has among the harshest. But in many european countries, the laws arent nearly as strict as they are always made out to be. In fact, in Germany for example you can buy more stuff than in some of the stricter US states. The main difference however is that you need to get a permit first, which is entirely reasonable since no european basic law or constitution includes the right to carry weapons. But its not THAT difficult.

The single main reason why Euros and Americans here always clash about the gun issue: Americans seem to pity the Euros for not being able to "pack". In Europe however, gun ownership is simply not an issue of importance. Whoever wants them can get them (metaphorically), and doesnt turn guns into a politic bargaining chip.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There are thousands of people though (or more, I don't know the exact number) that would wish they had easier access to weaponry in a legal manner, as for self-defense.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I went to a local gun shop and saw a Romanian SAR-1 for $300 and it seemed to be in good condition. I was a bit suspicous becasue the SAR-1 usually goes for between $375-500. After I inspected it, I bought it.

It fires great and is a 2002, which I guess is better than the SARs made in the late 90s.

Anyway, here are some pics:

You can go to your local high school and go on a killing spree now

Isn't it a common thing in the US.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

You can go to your local high school and go on a killing spree now

Isn't it a common thing in the US.

are you mad?

First off, Im not in high school as you need to be at least 18 years of age to own a long gun (rifle or shotgun) and 21 to own a handgun.

Most normal people dont go on killing sprees

[edit on 12-3-2007 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Completely out of line Skunk2!

It's good to be free! Right X?

Roper

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Completely out of line Skunk2!

It's good to be free! Right X?

Roper

Exactly, owning guns does not make me a maniac or anyone else who owns guns. thanks roper.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
you shouldn't really shoot at schools, that may get you into trouble.

Man is that ever a sweet looking weapon. I too would go for the all black motif. Is there a replacement stock that allows you to swap out for a light weight plastic? I wish you long hours of enjoyment at the range.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
its just so beautiful......too bad you do everything all legal and what not....if you had a class three firearms liscense you could get the full auto...but the test is like 3 g's

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
you shouldn't really shoot at schools, that may get you into trouble.

Man is that ever a sweet looking weapon. I too would go for the all black motif. Is there a replacement stock that allows you to swap out for a light weight plastic? I wish you long hours of enjoyment at the range.

Thanks. you mean the black stocks like the VEPRs have?

I am a fan of the wood stocks myself.

I think some of the egyptian maadis come with black stocks like that too.

this one in the pic is a Romanian.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Very nice weapon there X!

It's a bit off topic, but would anyone happen to know what the laws are on an HK 416 (civil if there is one)?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
as long as its semi-auto and doesnt fire tracer rounds it should be legal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join