It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my new AK-47!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
its just so beautiful......too bad you do everything all legal and what not....if you had a class three firearms liscense you could get the full auto...but the test is like 3 g's

no kidding. Plus like a year for the background check and $200 tax.

guess I'll just have to settle for bump firing it.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Very nice weapon there X!

It's a bit off topic, but would anyone happen to know what the laws are on an HK 416 (civil if there is one)?

Shattered OUT...

Thanks. The HK 416 isnt for sale to civilians yet, but a M4 is practically the same thing. Well, its a bit of a compromise.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hey man congrats on the AK welcome to the club, oh and fyi..

once ya go black ya...

Well unless ya go plum.... plum rules =)

This wont be your last =P

K-var corporation will help you with all your AK parts needs.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
They aren't that sexy to me. Have fun though

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
cole, your probably right.

I have already been looking at others,

That is, if they dont ban the damn things first.

BTW, what color would you call mine?

ermmmm im thinking maybe walnut colored

[edit on 13-3-2007 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think the same law should apply to gun owners as do the taser owners of indiana...

you must have one used on you before you can purchase/own one yourself...

I think people shouldn't own a gun if they don't hunt animals for FOOD.
Sure we could argue that you're not going to hurt anyone.......
What use is it? .. a tool of hobby? necessity ..?
Protection? ...
Sure guns are great, I've used tonnes of em... but I go hunting, and I eat what I kill, and I don't plan on pulling a Dick Cheney... I don't even own a gun anymore, when I stopped hunting I got rid of them, that and Canadian gun laws changed..
Whats the need to promote gun use more than it already is?
a sense of glee? or recognition? ..

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
An armed man is a free man.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

See this is the same phenomenon as putting fresh fruit near dried flowers, the smell transfers from the fresh fruit to the dried flowers..

You feel its necessary to have a gun to be free? .. that's only because the people giving the example bring freedom with a gun, whether it's the government/military/police or the various churches which have spread their ideology and their version of freedom with painful torture and death. All which very truly started off as target practice.. and turned into shooting live targets, whether human or animal.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I think the same law should apply to gun owners as do the taser owners of indiana...

you must have one used on you before you can purchase/own one yourself...

I think people shouldn't own a gun if they don't hunt animals for FOOD.
Sure we could argue that you're not going to hurt anyone.......
What use is it? .. a tool of hobby? necessity ..?
Protection? ...
Sure guns are great, I've used tonnes of em... but I go hunting, and I eat what I kill, and I don't plan on pulling a Dick Cheney... I don't even own a gun anymore, when I stopped hunting I got rid of them, that and Canadian gun laws changed..
Whats the need to promote gun use more than it already is?
a sense of glee? or recognition? ..

errmmmmm.... ever hear of something called the second admendment in the bill of rights?

yeah.....

you can have your ideas, but in the end, its moot as it is in our constitution.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

See this is the same phenomenon as putting fresh fruit near dried flowers, the smell transfers from the fresh fruit to the dried flowers..

You feel its necessary to have a gun to be free? .. that's only because the people giving the example bring freedom with a gun, whether it's the government/military/police or the various churches which have spread their ideology and their version of freedom with painful torture and death. All which very truly started off as target practice.. and turned into shooting live targets, whether human or animal.

WTF? That was so diluted I could not even follow that. How the hell does gun ownership, a protected american right under the constitution, equate to church propaganda?

How does hunting animals equate target practice? didnt you say you were a hunter? I thought you would understand the concept of hunting?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Very nice weapon X!I had a shot at an sks used for 100 bucks,but I needed a deer rifle so I bought a savage 30-06.Very cool weapon you got though.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You pretty much lost me in your posts.

I am probably erroneously translating your statement to the effect ..that if people dont use thier automobiles for the greater good of mankind than they shouldnt own one. THey have no right to private property..including automobiles. For the greater good of our conscience we can now take the "Privateness" out of private property by a government mandate for the greater good of humanity. We can now dispose of the property for the greater good of all. This should put the proper ointment on our "feelings."

I own several types of firearms...but I dont hunt. I prefer to fish to put meat on my table and in my freezer. My fishing rod is home made. Not licensed or recorded in Government records. Do I need to surrender this too??

I have a set of lockpicks in my pocket...unregistered. Taught myself to use them. I can even make at working set in about 20 minutes on my bench grinder in the garage.
Since I dont break into other peoples private property and take thier private property do I need to surrender these lockpick sets??

You lost me with your rationale...leaving me wondering about the above situations and whether I am out on a limb here and need to be reprogrammed in order to satisfy the insecurities of others??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Very nice weapon X!I had a shot at an sks used for 100 bucks,but I needed a deer rifle so I bought a savage 30-06.Very cool weapon you got though.

Thanks. Do you hunt deer with your SKS? I would love too, but in indiana you cannot hunt with a rifle. So I have to use a shotgun with a slug barrel which really reduces the distance you can take deer at. *curses the government*

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
You pretty much lost me in your posts.

I am probably erroneously translating your statement to the effect ..that if people dont use thier automobiles for the greater good of mankind than they shouldnt own one. THey have no right to private property..including automobiles. For the greater good of our conscience we can now take the "Privateness" out of private property by a government mandate for the greater good of humanity. We can now dispose of the property for the greater good of all.

yeah, sounds like communism! you know, the type of government that canadians and western europeans deny they have.

I am rather fond of my private property.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
so because its in the constitution means its okay?

so because they put slavery rights in the bible means its okay to have slaves?

your answer to my question was its in the constitution..
that's pretty much equated to saying that "Daddy said it was okay".. passing the buck.. "Oh I'm allowed" ..

.. now I'm sorry I lost some of those who can't understand my statements..

"See this is the same phenomenon as putting fresh fruit near dried flowers, the smell transfers from the fresh fruit to the dried flowers"

What I was making an analogy to was, the fact that people will adopt the ideology of someone that is totally different than they are but only because one is more abrasive/threatening.... and guns just so happen to be one of those "tools" we created that is LIFE threatening.

You may be right and it may be diluted, maybe you are just too focused on your constitution right now to notice where you actually are... NATURE with a bunch of crazy hypnotized super-monkeys, we call humans. Who think, because theres a piece of paper somewhere that says they can have and use fire-arms (which was in a time when hunting for food was VERY common, not hunting for super-monkeys) ... or the paranoid "protection" ploy ...
especially guns that were made specifically for killing humans..

Your property? .. it might be for now.. but to whom do you pay your property taxes? .. WHOSE property is it? Those same people arming and pumping you full of paranoia and rights and wrongs.. and constitutions that the people in power abuse on a daily basis..

[edit on 3/13/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Go peddle your agendas somewhere else. This is a weapons forum. If you do not like the message change the channel. Go to the politics threads.

Now leave all the nice law abiding gun owners alone.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

so because its in the constitution means its okay? yes

You may be right and it may be diluted, maybe you are just too focused on your constitution right now to notice where you actually are... NATURE with a bunch of crazy hypnotized super-monkeys, we call humans. Who think, because theres a piece of paper somewhere that says they can have and use fire-arms (which was in a time when hunting for food was VERY common, not hunting for super-monkeys) ... or the paranoid "protection" ploy ...
especially guns that were made specifically for killing humans..
[edit on 3/13/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

You know I do not have to justify myself to you, but I will give you my view.

I like guns, My nation says that if I am a law abiding citizen then I can own them. So guess what. I own several. Just because I can. If I want to own an AK-47 I can. My countries founding fathers said that this RIGHT shall not be infringed.

You also have a right to your opinion, which you have expressed here. Why, because you can. Do you understand the connection that I just made? Again this is a weapons forum, so why are you here if you want to discuss politics?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Xphiles I must admit that the comments re your new gun seem a bit sick, can I ask why you would want such a weapon in the first place and secondly dont tens of thousands of your fellow citizens die from guns each year in the US.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Xphiles,

Wish I owned one of those myself. In fact, I will some day soon.

Pure Energy,

If it's in the Constitution (Bill of Rights... Which means it was one hell of an important issue to our founding fathers), then yes, it is OK. What does the Bible have to do with the Constitution?

[edit on 13-3-2007 by LostSailor]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Congratulations on a nice gun. If I had some more money to spend, I would rather have an M-14, or an M-1.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join