It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is really slow...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
for some reason ATS is really slow for me...it was never like this before. I have fiber optic internet (5mbps) so I can assure you its not my connection. ATS is the only site that is slow loading, and often has errors like "page not found" or sits on "connecting" for like 5 minutes. I duno what the problem is
Anyone else experiencing this lately?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve22
Anyone else experiencing this lately?

Yes.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I get this kind of stuff too since they changed servers. The most common one seems to be “abovetopsecret.com timed out”. The chat freezes constantly as well. One thing I might suggest is that it does not seem to happen quite as frequently on my machines if I use Internet Explorer, it seems to happen quite a bit more on FireFox.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What To Do When ATS Seems Slow

When you think ATS is running slow, please look at the bottom of forum pages for this block of information:

ATS Server: Primary 01
Powered by AboveTop:Board v2.3
Header data processed in 0.010 seconds
Page processed in 0.600 seconds
22 total database queries (6)

Let me know what you see. If those times are high, then the server is experiencing high load. If the numbers are low, yet the page is loading slow, there is some other network-related reason for the slowness.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
SO - I also have been get a this message...

A script in this Movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 8 to run slowly.If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive....

That only happens on ATS not any other sites and like every ten minutes.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

A script in this Movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 8 to run slowly.If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive....

Next time it happens, notice which ads are running on the page and either take a screen shot or let me know.

We may have an errant ad from our new banner service, 24/7 Real Media.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It’s the add “Free Games on your homepage.. Personal Web”. It has an Aztec looking version of Brick-Out. It’s been doing that to me all day long too, though it seems to have stopped locking me up.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Another thing, I don't know if it's related, but when I click the chat button nothing happens. The page just refreshes. I've been trying to go in for the past 15 minutes.

join