It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nation Decade of contact

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They are very much acting in a sinister manner.

To disarm and think that we will all be singing songs around a campfire is not realistic.

Possibly, but this is all very subjective reasoning at best. What I'm trying to get across is that the harm of space militarization outweighs the hypothetical consequences of being attacked by some alien race that could probably have killed off our species by now had they wanted to.

Originally posted by kroms33
Why would humanity go forward to meet some species without the reassurance (perhaps just a psychological one because of their supposed technological advancement) that we might be safe by investigating technological weapons that could protect us? It's something that needs to be done to insure the survival of our species - no matter how warlike we are.

Why invest false hope in psychological assurances when there are other means to ensure the survival of our species that don't deal with weaponry? It's just like taking the current problems on earth; war and terrorism-- and spreading them into space. Haven't we learned from lessons on earth? The chances of being hit by an asteroid or falling into a black hole are far more likely than the chances of being attacked by an evil breed of aliens. So lets invest in space colonization, and exploration. The only real reason that any government would install a millitary device in space at this point in time would be to further their interests and would not be in the best interests of mankind.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

* DISARMAMENT - Ban space-based weapons and warfare in space.

This has nothing to do with disclosure of ETs.
Get rid of this and I'd be more than happy to sign it.

BTW ... if ET isn't friendly, and all indications say they aren't, WHY would you want us to all disarm, especially disarm the weapons in space that could be used against the unfriendly ETs?

My friend,

Did you not watch the Disclosure Event? The video is online. Not all indications indicate that ETs are not friendly. Only those indications that come from sources of disinformation.

Dr Rosin, who has been accused of nothing more than seeming a little strange, stated, at the Disclosure Event(last speaker) that Dr Von Werner, a historical figure outside of the realm of ufos(president of NASA, perfector of rocket technology that got us on the moon)stated to her that the ONLY reason for space based weapons was for shooting down ET craft, and in fact that in the 1970s she sat in on meetings that planned for the Gulf attack.

In order to sell the space defense system we have to have enemies that we can acknowledge, right?

Just this weekend NPR announced that the US wants to set up a missle defense radar in the Chek republic because of the fear of Iranian Nuclear Missles.

Von Werner told Dr Rosin over and over that she cannot allow space based missle defense systems. During the Reagan years she was a vocal opponent of the Star Wars system(a term that she came up with and was popularized).

She never mentioned anything at the time about ufos, but she is now.

The only violence committed is that of humans on ETs, and Dr Greer has located people that will testify that this has already been done.

The only violence that ETs have perpertrated against man, is self defense, and this, not against humans minding their own business but for earthly astronauts armed and threatening ET spacecraft(Russians, can get the year, this is stated in Dr Greer's book, 'Extraterrestrial Contact'.

The idea of evil ETs abducting non-threatening humans is ludicrous. These violent abductions are being conducted by secret compartments of the government, unbeknownst to our world leaders for the purpose of creating an enemy so the SDI can be implemented.

This disinformation is spread thru the TV shows like 'Roswell' and most of the ufo books that you will find commercially available. The writers of this stuff are supported by the same secret compartments. Notice that not much has been put out recently portraying ETs as peaceful and loving....

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I signed it, but i think that it is going to take more than just a petition signed by 10,000 people to force the demands to be met.

If only the extraterrestrials would make themselves more visible to the public would a task like this become much easier.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
What harm? How about wasting tax payer money on a fruitless project? Governments waste enough money as it is, and we're going to ask them to waste more money?

As far as banning space-based weapons--that's never going to happen. There's always going to be some opportunistic national leader that's going to try to put some up there. We may as well level the playing field.

It would also mean that us skeptics would be affirming the very thing we're skeptical about. Until there's evidence that ETs are visiting our planet, we're not going to support any waste of money on something that we think is a vacuous claim when that money could be better spent on things like world hunger.

If you are so concerned about government spending then why don't you inquire about he 2 - 7 TRILLION dollars that the DOD can't account for?
IF you would have read my posts completely - you would NOTE that I AM FOR space based weaponry. I don't care if you are skeptical - or are a believer, the only thing your post tells me about you is that you are afraid.

Yeah, I said it - AFRAID. Your complaining about tax dollars going to waist? Perhaps they wouldn't go to waist if you actually did something to STOP it from going to waist. What about the million dollars that the government admits to using for UFO/ET research purposes that was just discussed on CNN? Why aren't you complaining about THAT? There would be no harm in a government probe for disclosure on the matter of UFOs. Just because YOU ( a minority in the world) don't believe UFOs exist (while 60%-75% do) doesn't mean they shouldn't be looked into. I don't know what country you live in - but I live in a (supposed and questionable) representative democracy. Since MOST of my countrymen/women think there is SOMETHING that is going on that the government needs to come clean on - THEN IT SHOULD HAPPEN... because - then we are being properly represented.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tock
* DISARMAMENT - Ban space-based weapons and warfare in space.

This has nothing to do with disclosure of ETs.
Get rid of this and I'd be more than happy to sign it.

BTW ... if ET isn't friendly, and all indications say they aren't, WHY would you want us to all disarm, especially disarm the weapons in space that could be used against the unfriendly ETs?

ET are friendly, anything not friendly is manufactured in earth facilities and handled by military.
So banning of space-based weapons goes in there.
C3hamby stated exactly how I perceive all this as well.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by tock]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am totally against a ban on defensive weapons in space we don't know what kind of treaths are out there we might have to use them against ET who are not peacefull and against other space threats like meteors and astroids.
we need a totally watertight sensor grid in space a particle based weapon system ect
just for the safety of our race. we have to protect and we can make promises with peacefull races that we wil not use them unless we are under threath.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The idea of evil ETs abducting non-threatening humans is ludicrous. These violent abductions are being conducted by secret compartments of the government, unbeknownst to our world leaders for the purpose of creating an enemy so the SDI can be implemented.

This disinformation is spread thru the TV shows like 'Roswell' and most of the ufo books that you will find commercially available. The writers of this stuff are supported by the same secret compartments. Notice that not much has been put out recently portraying ETs as peaceful and loving....

So your basing that claim on a docu that was done years ago, and has done squat when it comes to the "outing" of aliens.

Its a shortcut to thinking to believe that we plebs of the earth could force disclosure out of a bent, self involved unjust world government.

The only time disclosure will happen is from aliens themselves on their own terms, for whatever personal gains they have.

To believe it will happen any other way, im sorry but you are all deluded.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Shameless Bump!
few easy steps and you can sign this. It's free and easy

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock
Shameless Bump!
few easy steps and you can sign this. It's free and easy

I got my Father to sign it to.

[edit on 3/21/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I signed, I wish you the best of luck with the petition!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Just thought I would add this:

A site with 10 disclosure petitions

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join