It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nation Decade of contact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you are like me and would like to have an official investigation by the UN, sign the following petition that was created by Alfred Lambremont Webre, ICIS-Institute for Cooperation in Space.

The requests are :

* DISCLOSURE about Extraterrestrial Civilizations (ETs);
* DECADE OF CONTACT - Public funding of education research about ETs.
* DISARMAMENT - Ban space-based weapons and warfare in space.
* DIPLOMACY with ethical ETs now visiting Earth.

Petition here: www.thepetitionsite.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I signed this a long time ago and got a bunch of others to sign it. It's only half way to the goal of 10,000 signatures though...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
I signed this a long time ago and got a bunch of others to sign it. It's only half way to the goal of 10,000 signatures though...

Then we're half way there

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Agreed and signed - I think everyone on this board should sign it - skeptic and researcher alike... what harm would it do?
none.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Good find. I just signed it, I hope more people do so as well.

Do online petitions have any pull though?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSanE1
Do online petitions have any pull though?

In general, no..

Some can gain a little steam if picked up by the media if it's of topical value (The UK road pricing petition on the number 10 downing street website for example), but the vast majority just sit there and stagnate ad infinitum.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Keep the signatures coming

And spread the word about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tock

This has nothing to do with disclosure of ETs.
Get rid of this and I'd be more than happy to sign it.

BTW ... if ET isn't friendly, and all indications say they aren't, WHY would you want us to all disarm, especially disarm the weapons in space that could be used against the unfriendly ETs?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ok signed..Almost up to 4800 sigs...............

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by tock

Ageed! It's like saying, "Let's explore the new world but leave our muskets behind. We'de hate to be seen THAT way, right?" Bye-Bye scalp!

Or even closer to home, "Sure China can do whatever they want but we shouldn't be able to defend ourselves form them, it just wouldn't be right."

Wouldn't they (ET's) expect us to have some sort of Planetary defense in place?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
whoops apparently my post wasn't long enough. Hmmm, ok lemme try now.

Signed...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

BTW ... if ET isn't friendly, and all indications say they aren't, WHY would you want us to all disarm, especially disarm the weapons in space that could be used against the unfriendly ETs?

But it does have to do with it. Diplomacy and militarization go hand in hand. If we would want to come out as sincere and peaceful then we have to stop propagating self destruction. We already have an arms race on earth, why expand it into space? If aliens are as technologically advanced as is claimed, then surely the armament of space wouldn't make a difference but would just create more problems for us here on earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus

But it does have to do with it. Diplomacy and militarization go hand in hand. If we would want to come out as sincere and peaceful then we have to stop propagating self destruction. We already have an arms race on earth, why expand it into space? If aliens are as technologically advanced as is claimed, then surely the armament of space wouldn't make a difference but would just create more problems for us here on earth.

Well - I signed it - but I do agree that the weapons clause needs to be taken out.

Why might ask?

Well, lets say you believe in all the conspiracy involving aliens and stuff - well in these conspiracies - these beings have weapons. If they want peace, and are benevolent then they wouldn't be abducting people against their will (if they do abduct people - no hard proof yet - but I will keep an open mind).

If they want peace - and were sincere - you would have many of the conspiracy theories pointing in that direction - would you not? The only conspiracy theory that I have read about the 'Greys' being benevolent is the Sapro theory... all others speak of them being either scientists, vampires, or some dying race trying to interbreed with humanity and make earth their home...

So - if any of the above is true - heck yeah I want an orbital defense platform or what ever they are going to put up there.

According to the conspiracy theorists - the aliens have already weaponized space... so whats the difference??
(I guess the difference is if you believe any of it at all - which is hard to do).
UFOs and aliens are real imo - but the theories behind it all could just be various forms of disinformation and the truth is covered beneath massively thick barriers that will take years to lift.

Kroms33

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
heck yeah I want an orbital defense platform or what ever they are going to put up there.

If there is life that can travel to this planet (and im sure there is) they should be able to destroy our planet without much effort just like us humans with our "primitive" technology.
So the billions of dollars wich would go to the military industrial complex for a starwars like program would again be a waste of funds. We should rather spend this on peacfull things like helping the poor countries.. But then again, many of us humans are agressive in nature so i dont find it weird that people want some kind of "defence" to blast ET's. But keep in mind fighting such advanced species would be like having a bare knuckle fight with a T-rex

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 137

If there is life that can travel to this planet (and im sure there is) they should be able to destroy our planet without much effort just like us humans with our "primitive" technology.
So the billions of dollars wich would go to the military industrial complex for a starwars like program would again be a waste of funds. We should rather spend this on peacfull things like helping the poor countries.. But then again, many of us humans are agressive in nature so i dont find it weird that people want some kind of "defence" to blast ET's. But keep in mind fighting such advanced species would be like having a bare knuckle fight with a T-rex

But this is all taking into account that "THEY" even exist. I understand mans primitive warlike nature - heck, we are seeing it on a day to day basis these days. It is very sad that we can't all get along and focus on technological improvements to get us 'out there'.

I think that if "They" do exist, they are concerned about what we might bring out 'there'. I am split on the issue - I would rather have a defense in place and be more safe then sorry - then to just assume any alien creatures visiting this 'backwoods' planet are benevolent in nature.

The Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man" comes to mind.

Kroms33

EDIT my misspellingzzzz

[edit on 3/8/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just signed it. Its up to 4,789 signatures.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus
If we would want to come out as sincere and peaceful ...

The aliens aren't.

They are abducting humans against their will. Conducting painful experiments on them. They are moving in the shadows and under secrecy. They certainly aren't being sincere or peaceful. They are very much acting in a sinister manner.

To disarm and think that we will all be singing songs around a campfire is not realistic.

Disclosure? .. Yes.
Disarm? .. Not a freak'n chance!!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The aliens aren't.

They are abducting humans against their will. Conducting painful experiments on them. They are moving in the shadows and under secrecy. They certainly aren't being sincere or peaceful. They are very much acting in a sinister manner.

To disarm and think that we will all be singing songs around a campfire is not realistic.

Disclosure? .. Yes.
Disarm? .. Not a freak'n chance!!

I agree with you 100% - even if lets say all the people in the world who claimed to be abducted are lying - why would humanity go forward to meet some species without the reassurance (perhaps just a psychological one because of their supposed technological advancement) that we might be safe by investigating technological weapons that could protect us? It's something that needs to be done to insure the survival of our species - no matter how warlike we are.
That would be like playing Russian Roulette with every single human life on this planet.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
mine was too short too , cor too much typing need a lie down , is that enough??? it is signed keep em coming peeps

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Agreed and signed - I think everyone on this board should sign it - skeptic and researcher alike... what harm would it do?
none.
What harm? How about wasting tax payer money on a fruitless project? Governments waste enough money as it is, and we're going to ask them to waste more money?

As far as banning space-based weapons--that's never going to happen. There's always going to be some opportunistic national leader that's going to try to put some up there. We may as well level the playing field.

It would also mean that us skeptics would be affirming the very thing we're skeptical about. Until there's evidence that ETs are visiting our planet, we're not going to support any waste of money on something that we think is a vacuous claim when that money could be better spent on things like world hunger.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join