It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't access the chat now. (Chat Is Closed)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I get this when I try to get in the chat: res://ieframe.dll/http_404.htm#www.abovetopsecret.com...

what happened it was working fine before!

[edit on 3/6/2007 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I killed the chat until I decide what to do with it.

It's devolved into a place where silly people do silly things, and frankly, I'm having trouble mustering the motivation to support it.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I get this when I try to get in the chat: res://ieframe.dll/http_404.htm#www.abovetopsecret.com...

what happened it was working fine before!

Maverick, maybe you're on a time out - you naughty boy.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do you think that you could find the Complaints/Suggestions button? It's in the Member Center.

BB&Q is for board biz.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's devolved into a place where silly people do silly things, and frankly, I'm having trouble mustering the motivation to support it.

That may be true. However, I can speak from experience when I say it has in the past been a place where like minded individuals have spent hours talking about some interesting topics, and where people have had the opportunity to not only gain respect and warmth for their fellow posters, but have come away having learned a few things.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
kinda a shame really about chat room spoils it for a certain few who use it properly. Anyone who wants me [email protected] for msn or hit me up on myspace chat www.myspace.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's, well, that is sad.

I realize chat cne sometimes be, shall we say not so serious, but in
general it is a place of discussion and debate, and a place to help
others with there problems, and to have fun as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Indeed.

I'll be missing the chat as well. But I suppose it better than having it become a source of conflict...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I killed the chat until I decide what to do with it.

Most of it is joking around and such? I thought it was supposed to be a place for members of the board to get to gether and just talk?

What happend to make you feel this way?

There are quite a few very good political and conspiracy discussions as well, but it cannot always be taken so seriously.. sometimes a little lighter atmosphere is what people need.

Just my opinion, I hope you can reconsider.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I use the chat to talk about politics and the economy more than I use the forums to. If this is gone indefinately, I'm not sure what I am going to do here. I use to be big on ATSNN, in fact thats where most of my posts are. Since that has changed I noticed I haven't been posting nearly as much. I still post in the breaking news a bit. Other then that though, most of my ATSing is done in chat.

I was actually planning on leaving ATS recently because of having my opinion put down on the forums. Fact was that I enjoyed using chat to talk to people like Rockpuck, jensouth, whatukno, even iori who though I personally think has no concept of reality when it comes to politics, I enjoy debating with in chat.

I am very disappointed to see chat going, and I think getting rid of it is one of the worst decisions made on here since I came here over a year and a half ago. I thought getting rid of ATSNN wasn't a great idea but could understand about the legality thing. Getting rid of chat because a couple people (I can think of who) decide its more fun to just have random outbursts then have any intelligent discussion is by far the worst decision I can think of that has been made.

Just one persons opinion though....

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
That's, well, that is sad.

I realize chat cne sometimes be, shall we say not so serious, but in
general it is a place of discussion and debate, and a place to help
others with there problems, and to have fun as well.

Indeed, how many debates have we gotten into iori? And Grimreaper as well, there are plenty of educated debates.. I don't see why there is a problem?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Man this sucks, I didn't know fun was banned on ATS
:shk:

[edit on 6-3-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

That may be true. However, I can speak from experience when I say it has in the past been a place where like minded individuals have spent hours talking about some interesting topics, and where people have had the opportunity to not only gain respect and warmth for their fellow posters, but have come away having learned a few things.

I agree with Implosion. I hope that the Skeptic Overlord can view Chat as a place where some serious -- and not so serious -- topics can be discussed.

I, on a personal level, have made some good friends in chat. Yes, sometimes it can get silly but, on the other hand, chat has been THE forum for some rather deep discussions about topics that can be found around the boards here at ATS. To dismiss Chat outright would be to deny the members of an important aspect of ATS -- the opportunity for members to actually converse with one another to talk about, well, anything. Although there may have been some abuses in the past, by and large, this chatroom has been one of the most civil and decent chats that I have ever encountered. In fact, in all the time that I have conversed in chat, I have never, ever, seen anyone ask anyone their a/s/l that alone speaks volumes. It's not "that sort of place".
Nevertheless, it is a place to talk with friends and, perhaps, to unwind after trodding the boards.

I hope that SO takes this in consideration.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
WOW. Because someone was joking around and the other person started crying about it?

I had alot of fun in there and joked around with people. People should lighten up and stop taking crap so seriously

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Is it time to introduce the minimum posting requirement again?

I say that now, as I finally have enough posts (under the old system) to access it.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I, on a personal level, have made some good friends in chat.

I second that, and those members know who they are. It will be much harder to have conversations with some of them because chat is gone.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
S.O. Has a point and so do the members.

The chat has been in the past a headache. it's been a problem technicly and it also sometimes becomes a place for silly people doing silly things.

Perhaps the chat shouldnt be removed completely but should be accessable through BTS where more silly ideas are condoned. This way members are able to still use the chat option and also silly notions and deep discussions are allowed.

but however we must all remember that this is a privatly owned site and as such if this part of it is scraped completely then its just a tough loss.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All that happened today was that a few members got out of hand from their normal selves and some of them acted really offensive to me. I just hate that kind of abuse-- but the chat isn't always like that, I like the day chat not the late night chat, why don't you reconsider this SO and then make the chat available for people who follow the chat rules properly? Also, why rid us of the chat? I felt as though the chat is a great place for people to socialize-- however all of their anti-me bickering did really get to me and I was really peeved off about it, so even though that happened, you still should give the chat another chance. And enjoies, I wasn't whining about the chat, all you were doing was complaining about my use of ATS.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
But how will I be able to talk to asala now?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
But how will I be able to talk to asala now?

You could always U2U the user. Oh and one more thing, SO didn't say he got rid of the chat, he just said he killed the chat UNTIL HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO WITH IT.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join