It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't access the chat now. (Chat Is Closed)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Oh and one more thing, SO didn't say he got rid of the chat, he just said he killed the chat UNTIL HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO WITH IT.

Ok? I never said he did get rid of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No one denys Whatukno that this is a private site, owned by the admins and they can do what they want, especially since it is their time spent with the problems. However, the site is also run by the people, in that it is our content, our DEVOTION and our support that this site is opporational and as great as it is. This is a gathering for the inteligent, the like minded and the rational of all levels.. the boards are great for getting your point across..

But the most devoted of members go to chat at least at some point.. Asala, me, Grimreaper, Whatukno, General Eyes, Iori, Maverick, Enjoisies, FlyersFan, Humble, and many, many others (I could go on)

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

All that happened today was that a few members got out of hand from their normal selves and some of them acted really offensive to me. I just hate that kind of abuse-- but the chat isn't always like that, I like the day chat not the late night chat, why don't you reconsider this SO and then make the chat available for people who follow the chat rules properly? Also, why rid us of the chat? I felt as though the chat is a great place for people to socialize-- however all of their anti-me bickering did really get to me and I was really peeved off about it, so even though that happened, you still should give the chat another chance. And enjoies, I wasn't whining about the chat, all you were doing was complaining about my use of ATS.

You're the reason S.O. took off the chat?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Enjoisies

Sorry for going of topic but thats gotta be on of the funniest ways I seen my name spelled!

Back to Chat Issues...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

All that happened today was that a few members got out of hand from their normal selves and some of them acted really offensive to me. I just hate that kind of abuse-- but the chat isn't always like that, I like the day chat not the late night chat, why don't you reconsider this SO and then make the chat available for people who follow the chat rules properly? Also, why rid us of the chat? I felt as though the chat is a great place for people to socialize-- however all of their anti-me bickering did really get to me and I was really peeved off about it, so even though that happened, you still should give the chat another chance. And enjoies, I wasn't whining about the chat, all you were doing was complaining about my use of ATS.

I did nothing wrong, but people get out of control sometimes.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

>_>
I believe you guys should be banned for mistreating a member in such horrible ways, I was traumautized after the chat. You threatened to abuse me and post stuff about the chat on BTS (Mrmonsoon did this).

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Enjoisies

Sorry for going of topic but thats gotta be on of the funniest ways I seen my name spelled!

Back to Chat Issues...

HAHA, my bad man, my bad. My kindergarten teacher always said, if you don't know how to spell it try and sound it out. I may have failed English that year though.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I believe you guys should be banned for mistreating a member in such horrible ways, I was traumautized after the chat. You threatened to abuse me and post stuff about the chat on BTS (Mrmonsoon did this).

What, who the heck is "you guys"? I don't even know you.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 6-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Enjoisies

Back to Chat Issues...

HAHA, my bad man, my bad. My kindergarten teacher always said, if you don't know how to spell it try and sound it out. I may have failed English that year though.

Well actually, enjoisies is my spanish cousin.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

What, who the heck is "you guys"? I don't even know you.

You're someone else in the chat who was violating the T&C. One of the rules of the T&C of the site I believe is to not insult other members, and I do believe that's what you wanted and intended to do.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 6-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well those who are memebers of disc please go in and read my post about chat please also So if you read this would be a great help finnaly disc might be able to help out with this one ????

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What?!?! I wasn't even in chat today.!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP LYING!!

[edit on 6-3-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This entire issue is centered around one user?

Isn't there a way to temp ban those involved in the said "incident" and have a civilized discussion about it instead of a blanket ban?

*cries*
I feel all lonely now..

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

STOP LYING!!

I could post the entire transcript of the chat following where the users started to threaten to blackmail me on BTS if you want.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

STOP LYING!!

I could post the entire transcript of the chat following where the users started to threaten to blackmail me on BTS if you want.

Post it!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Go ahead.

Rockpuck, enjoies, whatukno, iori komei, and grimreaper know that I never insult anyone in chat.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well I can't find it now, but the user said watch bts

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
actually I came in right when every one was leaving and then chat froze ( I thought technical) .. so I have no idea what even happend, but I can say I had not seen you in chat today humble! But Im at work and had to step away for a bit and apparently missed all the interesting cat fighting.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
THIS is possibly why S.O. is concidering pulling the chat. For the immaturaty being portrayed by members here. This is exactly the kind of thing that should not be tollerated.

I believe that if we want a return to the chat room that we all love we all need to agree to abide by the same T&C that we agree to in every post that we make.

Also I think that the access should be restricted to members that have posted a certan amount of posts on the boards and also it should be moved to BTS where more lighthearted conversation is permited to take place.

We have to all remember that being a member of ATS is a privilage not a right we have to also remember that some may disagree with what we say and that is not a reason to humiliate and degrade a member. If you actualy have a problem with a member on here the proper forrum to express it is the complaint/suggestion button, and not to publicly degrade someone.

Well now that the chat is gone forever
perhaps we all have learned a valuable lesson and can start to apreciate each other more. Not all of us are in a latter stage of life. We have to remember that not everyone is thick skinned.

Perhaps some day when we look back on how badly we have treated one member of our forrum. Then we can realise what we did to deserve to have such a fun part of this website taken away from us.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join