It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Year Old & Five Year Old Caught Smoking Pot On Camera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Aparently the two year was called Bush and the 5 year old was called Cheney.

Thanks for the joke I realy got a good one out that post.

And . . . I agree with you, people seems to be outraged when they see a two year old smoking or drinking on TV . . .

But people have not problem like you said filling up their young ones with prescribe drugs to make their life better without thinking about the long term results of addiction.

But in this. . . wants to be politically correct society. . . we must feel outraged and nauseated about a two year old smoking on TV. . .

I found the news and the children involved old and young very immature and the stupidity of their acts now will be made an example so the rest of society in self inflicted ignorance can think that something is done about it.

Reality check this things are going on and is not so much about some older kids getting a stupid laugh from the younger kids but where are the parents and the supervision.

Let us be outraged and devastated and keep ignoring the underlaying problem of everyday inner city in what is call low income America and the new generation of children that society rather turn their face to the other side until they show up on TV doing a . . .horrendous act

Pity . . . and the young people will go to jail for the sins of the adults, and society can say . . . is justice.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And they videotaped the incident?

There have been many cries for legalization of mj. How does something like this affect that argument?

that these people should be treated the same as if they gave there kid everclear alcohol or tobacco. They should be in big trouble. It should still be legal I think. The fact is, there is no excuse for this, whether the substance is legal or not.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen to this guy maybe probation. Why? Because they would have to catch him actually giving the dope to the kids.

His lawyer will argue that it is not dope that he is giving the kids or how do they actually know it was cannabis.

However shocking it maybe he will not do time or it will just be reduced to probation.

It's funny how people think that something like this is so horrific, when in fact the decay that we put into young minds, via television and schooling is ok, something to consider for sure.

This doesn't mean I condone this act at all, because I don't but it is sad to say many people don't look outside the bubble they live in.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hi Marg, Your not supposed to be laughing I got warned for that comment, but I agree I thought it was pretty good, Its a pity that others here could not see the real intent.

But as I said it raises a moral issue does it not whilst American's show outrage at this event they are quite happy to give their own kids all the legal drugs they need.

Their do not seem to be many here willing to discuss that side of the argument, I think it upsets their sensibilities on these matters.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

But as I said it raises a moral issue does it not whilst American's show outrage at this event they are quite happy to give their own kids all the legal drugs they need.

Their do not seem to be many here willing to discuss that side of the argument, I think it upsets their sensibilities on these matters.

Hmmmm. I didn't even think of that angle it is true many people medicate their children in the US and never question the long term effects. Our drug companies kill and injure many people yearly.

I guess if it isn't law or not in the news it can't exist or be legal.

www.ritalindeath.com... A sad story.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by rich1974
Probably safer than Ritilan.

Hardly see how getting a two year old child high is funny, but whatever tickles your fancy. As for it being safer than Ritalin, that is certainly up for debate. Ritalin, although over prescribed, can benefit young children. What are the benefits of a two year old child sparking up a doobie?

I don't think so. This is a friend of the family. Read their Story it is really sad.

www.ritalindeath.com...

Our fourteen-Year-old Son Matthew died on March 21, 2000. The cause was determined to be from the long-term (age 7-14) of using of Methylphenidate a medication commonly known as Ritalin.

Matthew took 10mg of Ritalin three times a day; he was taken away from us for one week for testing by the court. They said they would be doing organic testing. We found out this was never done. When he got home we were court ordered to give him 20mg three tines a day.

For the last year of his life he was taking 20mg of Ritalin three times a day.

The Certificate of Death under due to, (or because of) reads, Death caused from Long Term Use of Methylphenidate, (Ritalin). According to Dr. Ljuba Dragovic, The chief pathologist in Oakland County Michigan, upon autopsy, Matthew's heart showed clear signs of small vessel damage, the type caused by stimulant drugs like amphetamines.

The medical examiners told me that a full-grown man’s heart weighs about 350 grams and that Matthew's heart weight was about 402 grams.

Matthew did not have a preexisting heart disease or defect that we knew of. We, his parents never ignored his medical needs. The medical examiner said this type of heart damage is not easy to detect with the standard test necessary for prescription refills.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nobody should be jailed for pot. Imagine that you find someone somking pot , bring him into your house put him in a room and lock him, and keep him there for 1 year or more, as punishment. To do such a thing like keeping someone locked up is evil.
Especialy for smoking pot which is nothing. Just teach them not to smoke it if that is what you want, pot it's no more dangerous to health than cigarettes, and should be treated the same way.

Look here :

news.bbc.co.uk...

"In this country, it's very free, you can do anything you want," she told the BBC's Newsnight programme. "You can smoke at 16, you can buy pot in the store next to the school. You can do what you like and because it's not illegal, it's not that interesting for us to provoke our parents with it."

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
We are not saying that they should be punished for consuming the drug themselves. What I, and others, have a problem with is the act of pushing these drugs onto a five and two year old child. That is simply wrong.

Our thoughts, opinions, bias, etc., towards Marijuana are irrelevant to the situation at hand. If they gave alcohol to a minor, they would be held accountable for this. It happens to be Marijuana, it is a punishable offense. If you believe that it is a substance that should be legal, so be it. But it is not a defense for the actions of these children. Also, the mother in this situation is who really needs to open her eyes. Teens will be teens, and they need to "smarten up". But the mother really needs to know better if she is going to continue to be a mother, and a role model for any child.

Kids don't just "spark up" in their own home, with parents home, out of the blue. The fact they did this with their mother home, indicates it is a common behaviour. The mother needs to be held accountable here.

Education, knowledge, information, etc., will provide restitution.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As a parent of a 3yr old, I was sickened to read this story. It's disgusting in the extreme.

There is nothing remotely amusing about children that young being encouraged to smoke anything. Aside from anything else, they aren't old enough to have any real perception of the repercussions. The perpetrators should be strung up afaic. If my son was the victim of this, I'd happily punish those responsible...very slow and very painful!!!!

Grey

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Aparently the two year was called Bush and the 5 year old was called Cheney.

That was a completely off topic and distracting statement, utterly uncalled for in the Breaking News forum. If you can't post with the high standards that belong in this forum, please don't post in it.

....do people on ats know what jokes are? i dont wanna say that some statements are disrespectful but people on here seem to take things way to seriously sometimes plus i thought it was pretty funny lol

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jemblem62
....do people on ats know what jokes are? i dont wanna say that some statements are disrespectful but people on here seem to take things way to seriously sometimes plus i thought it was pretty funny lol

We are not here to make jokes though. We are here for a serious discussion on the topic at hand. Now if the member had actually contributed something, maybe some of us would of been willing to over look it. But these one liners are truly frustrating when others are actually participating in a constructive conversation.

I did not find it funny whatsoever. But, I am not a fan of Bush at all. Frankly, I can not stand the man. But there is no need for political jawing in this thread. We are here to discuss this matter, and nothing else. These little jabs are unnecessary, and are going to create some unnecessary drama. ...Which we can already see.

Can we please ignore this initial one-liner and remain on topic?

[edit on 4-3-2007 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Hardly see how getting a two year old child high is funny, but whatever tickles your fancy. As for it being safer than Ritalin, that is certainly up for debate. Ritalin, although over prescribed, can benefit young children. What are the benefits of a two year old child sparking up a doobie?

I'm just proving a point using a little humor, and it worked.

From this response you can clearly see that some feel its ok to give a kid a powerful stimulate, and are outraged over the same kid smoking pot. I think this is hypocritical.

Giving kids any drugs is wrong wrong wrong, doesn't matter to me if its Ritilan, or pot.

If pot calmed the kid down does that make it okay? Exactly, so either does Ritilan. Maybe if you took your Prozac my comment would have been funny.
(last sentence humor)

[edit on 4-3-2007 by rich1974]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Do you see the comparison you are attempting?

A teenager whom persuaded a two year old child to smoke marijuana compared to a doctor. If doctors prescribe Ritalin to children, than that excuses this individual for allowing a two year old child to smoke Marijuana?

...C'Mon!

Humor aside, that is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
No I don't.

Listen Babyboomers

Im, 32 and still have not forgiven my parents to this day for making me take Ritilan. Do you know what it actually is, it is like coc aine. Just because some doctor says its okay, doesn't make it right.

Maybe if you would stop spending so much on BMW's you could have had a classroom with less than fourty people in it, and we could have learned something.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't think he was trying to excuse anyone just pointing out the fact that our society is hypocritical and over-reactive to only particular situations and dismiss other dangerous situations if professional have degree's and/or credentials.

Originally posted by chissler
Do you see the comparison you are attempting?

A teenager whom persuaded a two year old child to smoke marijuana compared to a doctor. If doctors prescribe Ritalin to children, than that excuses this individual for allowing a two year old child to smoke Marijuana?

...C'Mon!

Humor aside, that is absolutely ridiculous.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, I am far from a baby boomer. And your personal history has nothing to do with this. What does a doctor prescribing Ritalin to you, have to do with a teenager persuading a two year old child to smoke pot?

Honestly though, where is the connection?

None of us said you have to forgive, forget, or anything else for that matter. But what has happened to you is hardly an excuse for this little situation.

As someone who may have lived through a level of adversity at such a young age, I would think that you would be able to empathize with these youngsters and feel for them. Rather than empathize, you are resenting and excusing the behaviour of these teenagers, since you have been apparently through worse.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I love to point out hypocrocy, and I think I did a pretty good job.

So, I feel bad for the kids, yes. As far as being outraged, no I'm not. Why, because a large part of americas children are on drugs.I see no difference between smoking pot and any other prescribed drugs that are not physical health related.

I think being forced to take Ritilan against my will is directly related to this conversation. Since every one is so outraged about this kid smoking pot.
Where is the outrage over prescribed stimulants? I know the effects of both drugs and I will tell you the POT has the least damaging side affects.

Hmmm, instead of drugs how about this solution.
Maybe if people in america would stop spending so much on BMW's we could have classrooms with less than fourty people, and there would be no need to drug children.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There is a lot of truth in this. Kids don't really give a crap about big houses, cars, fancy things, they just want attention and love from their parents, because in a short span they are young adults.

Originally posted by rich1974

Hmmm, instead of drugs how about this solution.
Maybe if people in america would stop spending so much on BMW's we could have classrooms with less than fourty people, and there would be no need to drug children.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
ehhhhhhh WHATEVER

Mothers used to give children damn well OPIUM! and hashish to children years and years ago... its only wrong because it wasn't in that context, and the fact two bone-heads thought that'd be a smart idea just goes to show their intelligence level, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Cannabis. We need to stop associating the problems with the substances and start taking a closer look at the retard.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks Realtruth!!!

Even though I got dinged twenty points for a one liner, it was worth starting this conversation. Some of the most outraged people about this kid smoking pot are the same ones that seem to think giving a kid ritilan is ok. What a double standard! Ritilan is like coc aine light!

Giving kids drugs is wrong!!!!!!

If your outraged over this pot smoking kid, we need your energy, please redirect your efforts to the millions of kids without health insurance, some who have come to a premature death, due to lack of funds. Thats an outrage!!!!

Downgrade your Beamer and stay home with your kids more, so you don't have to knock the life out of your children with dangerous stimulants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join