It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Year Old & Five Year Old Caught Smoking Pot On Camera

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Two Year Old & Five Year Old Caught Smoking Pot On Camera

Source Link: www.cnn.com

WATAUGA, Texas (CNN) -- Police in suburban Fort Worth, Texas, said a videotape found in a search for stolen goods appears to show two teenagers persuading a 2-year-old boy and his 5-year-old brother to smoke marijuana.

Third-degree felony charges have been filed against the teenagers.

"I have never seen anything like this quite so disturbing," said Bruce Ure, director of public safety for the Watauga Police Department.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is one of them stories that make you stop, do a double take, and just go... "Wow!"

Apparently two older teens persuaded the two young guys to smoke up with them. The video's, which have been confiscated, show the young guys actually 'inhaling' the pot which indicates they have done this before. There is dumb, and then there is dumb on a whole new level. One glowing fact in all of this that can not go unnoticed is this...

The boys' mother, McCoy's sister, has told police she was sleeping in the back bedroom during the incident. She has not been charged, Ure said.

Source

Ouch. While a two year old boy and a five year boy have a little "session" out in the living room, Moms is in resting up.

The kids are in Children Services at this moment, and this may be an uphill battle to get her children back.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Aparently the two year was called Bush and the 5 year old was called Cheney.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

Is that all you can say? is that the extent of your #ing intellect? to somehow twist this into another political thing? I think you need to just go to bed.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This is a new low for ATS.

It's amazing how some people can put an anti-Bush spin on absolutely everything that comes along!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Surely we can find something better to contribute to the subject at hand.

My question is, given the extremity of this case, should the system intervene and almost make an example of this case? Persuading a five year old, and a two year old, child to smoke pot is mind boggling. The fact that the mother was home at the time, and asleep, gives a serious indication of the home life. The fact that anyone was prepared to smoke pot while the mother was home proves that it may be a repetitive behaviour for this house hold.

I am sure these youngsters are far from "tainted" for the rest of their life, but I would like to think that their home life takes a serious turn for the better.

Mother is asleep in the back, your role models are feeding you drugs, what is next?

link   
This is so terrible! SO sad. I have all kind of suspicions about this situation. But I won't voice them because I don't know. I'm glad the children have been taken out of the house. If the teens were smoking so freely while the kids' mom was sleeping, no doubt they'd done it before in her house.

So, XphilesPhan, what is your contribution?

link   

That was a completely off topic and distracting statement, utterly uncalled for in the Breaking News forum. If you can't post with the high standards that belong in this forum, please don't post in it.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Lol didn't take long to get slapped with a warn.

These kids have apparently done this before which is rather disturbing. I think the mom should get the kids back, but monitered from here on out, like probation. Maybe it was a one time mistake, but as long as they are being monitered, at least we would know then.

O and for the teens, throw the book at them.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think pot should be legal, but of course it shouldn't be forced on anyone, especially children.

The mother should be charged for something as well, it's unfathomable to think that she didn't know these people were smoking pot in her home in front of these extremely young kids and actually urging them to smoke as well.

[edit on 3/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Actually don't just throw the book at these teens, throw a whole library of books at them. It's ridiculous how these punks think they can get away with anything. They know it is wrong, and utterly stupid to give a 2 and 5 year old pot...probably on more then one occassion. I say these kids should get hit with the law, and HIT EM HARD.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Police in suburban Fort Worth, Texas, said a videotape found in a search for stolen goods

I think it is pretty obvious that these kids aren't role model teenagers. The fact the mom left a 2 and 5 year old around what appears to be obvious troublemakers, blows my mind. That's is just dangerous. The more I read about this, the more I want to slap the teens AND the mom.

How can stupidity and neglect be so rampant in any household?

[edit on 4-3-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sad. Sad. Sad.
As a parent and a toker, this makes me want to vomit. Another sad case of lazy parenting IMHO

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
it is sad...
people need hobbies...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And they videotaped the incident?

There have been many cries for legalization of mj. How does something like this affect that argument?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hm the moral dilema, whilst the image of pot smoking kids appears to be abhorrent, whats worse the kids smoking pot or the parents filling them up with legal drugs.

Drugs mind you that have been tested on animals, with the reuslts usually shall we say less than the truth. So whilst its ok to have your kids pumped full of legal drugs and we are quite happy to allow that any form of illegal drug is wrong.

We take our kids down to the GP he/she will diagnose some illness and will presribe a drug made in some industrial factory, where tons of the stuff are turned out and huge proffits are made, well I guess thats ok.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
There have been many cries for legalization of mj. How does something like this affect that argument?

I don't think it affects it at all. I'm sure these depraved people would just as easily give alcohol or cigarettes to young children, most likely causing even more damage than the pot.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I do not support the legalization of marijuana, but I would support the decriminalization. I had thought Canada was onto something when they had initiated the legislation, but Harper quickly scrapped it.

As for this incident, throwing the legal book at them really isn't going to do much. Coming in with a hefty punishment will create more of a problem then we already have. These teens need to be punished, but more importantly, held accountable. Accountability does not equate to jail time, community service, probation, etc. What accountability does equate to is understanding what they have done, understanding that it is wrong, and working accordingly to provide the appropriate restitution. Not to the state, but to the individual's that they have harmed.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Probably safer than Ritilan.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich1974
Probably safer than Ritilan.

Hardly see how getting a two year old child high is funny, but whatever tickles your fancy. As for it being safer than Ritalin, that is certainly up for debate. Ritalin, although over prescribed, can benefit young children. What are the benefits of a two year old child sparking up a doobie?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join