It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China demands US cancel planned missile sale to Taiwan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

China demands US cancel planned missile sale to Taiwan

Source Link: www.abs-cbnnews.com

BEIJING - China demanded Friday the United States scrap a planned sale of hundreds of missiles to Taiwan, warning the deal would harm regional stability and bilateral ties.

"We solemnly demand the leader of the United States... immediately cancel this weapons sale (and) avoid harming the peace and stability of the Taiwan Straits and Sino-US relations," foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sure, sure. Right after china submits to U.S. demands that they do something about their pet dog north korea and quit opposing UN sanctions on iran for their attempt to manufacture nuclear weapons.

Also, an end to chinese meddling in south america would be nice.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
More tough talk from China.
So like what are they gonna do? Huh?
Something tough like cashing in Americas debt, therefore bankrupting the USA?
Oh wait. They could couldn't they?

This is potentially a very bad thing in the making.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
More tough talk from China.
So like what are they gonna do? Huh?
Something tough like cashing in Americas debt, therefore bankrupting the USA?
Oh wait. They could couldn't they?

This is potentially a very bad thing in the making.

That's exactly what worries the Taiwanese people, China controls a large portion of the USA's debt. If the economy tanks the Chinese will reclaim Taiwan. You can bet on that. China's sphere of influence is rapidly increasing in Asia It is my opinion that they are also eyeing South Korea - not in a military sense but for regional hegemony. I believe this more strongly after it was announced that the US will leave South Korea by 2012.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by deessell]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
WARNING WARNING RANT BELOW!!!!!

In refrence to this thread inspired rant

Seriously, this is freaking hilarious! This is the begining of WW3 its all here

Iran, China, Russia, US, Bird flu IMIENET GLOBAL RECESION!!!!!!

All of the pieces that seemed so "far out" that they were never taken seriously, are literally at this very moment speeding into convergence at the speed of light, yet somehow people just ignore it and wash it off as conspiracy theory ROFLMAO!!!!

With all of the reading research I have done over the last 8 months, I can fairly with confidence say this.

This year it is more than likely that the world wide market will collapse creating a depression, at the same time I fully expect bird flu/similar to go pandemic. Forcing the quarantine of our cities and towns.

This will make Auschwitz look like a day in the park. Dissenters, Ct's, truthers will be rounded up and sent to camps. People will be given a color code based on there level of dissent, green blue RED!

Bush will strike Iran and the game of domino rally will ensue. China with Russia will make there stand against he US and GB!

and every strong man of age will be forced into the fight! It will be the ultimate blood sacrifice to the gods these EVIL people worship!

Amazing I never thought I would see this in my lifetime. It was only 3 years ago that I was in blissful ignorance driving my fancy car and spending what some people make in a week on bar tabs, Pathetic..

Its even more likely that "terrorism" isn’t working well anymore, and that’s when ET lands and guess what they have guns. HOW RIDICULOUS but the whine the phoo sweatshirt Wal-Mart working sheepole will buy it all up

I have learned so much.

May peace be with us all!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I agree deessell, and ChicagoFreedomFighter. This is history in the making. And it's not the good kind of history. It's the stuff that future historians will talk about and say why didn't they do something different. The way current historians talk about how Hitler could have been stopped rather easily - years before he did anything.

This next war is going to be a doozy. MANY, MANY millions of people are going to be killed. I think once it starts, someone will pull the nuke trigger, then most of the planet will be uninhabitable in an extremely short amount of time.

This is a very delicate situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
China should send a few anti-ship cruise missiles to Iran. And im talking about the latest version of the C-802 missiles with improved radar with backup infrared guidednce. I'm sure that will piss Bush Jnr off. And while they are at it they should also send some more advanced SAM systems and a few ballistic missiles or cruise missiles to the Iranians as well.

Most people don't know this but China made a promise to America during what i think was the late 1990's that they will stop selling anti-ship cruise missiles to Iran. The Chinese should re-start selling missiles specificlly aimed at destorying American sircraft carriers to Iran becuase we all know that these american missiles to Taiwan are aimed at China.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
idonno how does the united states of asia sound (this is a joke we couldnt succesfully invade china)

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I do not understand why the United States likes to push China over this issue.

China is starting to become a diplomatic ally of the United States. China basically put an end to the North Korea by pulling support. The Chinese even came out yesterday and told Iran to stop its nuclear program.

This sort of thing will not be accepted by China. With the Chinese holding US debt and about 70% of Dollar in its reserve, things could get messy. Especially when China has said it wants to get rid of both.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
china sold centrifuges to japan in 2003 which were then taken to iran china also has not done anything to the DPRK they wont even enforce trade sanctions wich took hold a few weeks ago

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I really have to say, China needs to shu the hell up and sit down.

In the first place they can't do anything, yes there is the whole debt
thing, but there economy is so entwined with ours, that they'd at the
least severely hurt and cripple there own economy.

I'm all for this selling of Misiles to Taiwan, as the ROC is the legitimate
government of Taiwan, and, before the civil war, was the government
of all of China, but they have given up on trying to be seen as the
legitimate government of all of China, and have just declared Taiwan
and a few small coastal islands as theres.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I really have to say, China needs to shu the hell up and sit down.

In the first place they can't do anything, yes there is the whole debt
thing, but there economy is so entwined with ours, that they'd at the
least severely hurt and cripple there own economy.

entwined econmies is fairly circumstaional if you suscribe to the notion that they want 2/3rds of the population gone! jmo

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Are you sure about this? I speak to Taiwanese people every day as part of my job - tell them that the threat is gone. What are you basing your opinion on. I also lived in Asia for 4 years - China IS expanding their regional hegemony.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
does anyone watch the colbert report and remember him calling china a "frenemy" china wouldnt want problems with us for that reason irori just said..........no other country really has the economy to buy the boatloads of stupid things we buy everyday (ceramic figurines, novelty stuff,etc.)chinas population problem also insures us that they cant survive on there resources alone but also we couldnt invade them they now have ways of taking out our sattelites and blinding them with lasers without sattelite feed a american airplane cant even dummy fire a missile

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Are you sure about this? I speak to Taiwanese people every day as part of my job - tell them that the threat is gone. What are you basing your opinion on. I also lived in Asia for 4 years - China IS expanding their regional hegemony.

I did'nt say that there was no threat, I'll be one of the first to say there is.

What's worse for Taiwan is that our current idiot of a president has
declared he wont help them unless China attacks/invades for no reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They still consider Taiwan a part of China, and plans to reclaim them would be hindered by missles sales.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well if the US is going to give into this demand I hope China will correctly evaluate their currency and raise it by 40 percent. If China raises it's currency by 40 % to what it should be, then the US will talk.

I agree with the above post China needs to sit down, and shut up!
This will be yet one more reminder of who is the little dog and who is the big dog.

I demand China stop being so dumb on it's foreign policy.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
centurion said it best.

Anyways, there isnt going to be a war with china... The US has a pact with Taiwan and has had one since 1979. It is Americas job, as the leader of the free world to make good on its promises. Its our duty to back up a country that wants a democracy. China is a communist nation. Of course the US will back a small independent nation like Taiwan that is constantly being threatened by the communist PRC. China is powerless to stop us.

If China's responded by not buying America's debt. or dropping it..America can diffuse that problem by cutting spending to balance the budget. China would suffer the economic pain of losing the world's greatest consumer as a costumer.

The interdependent world economy that is growing at about 4.5% a year would collapse without America. You need to understand the economics behind it all. So think before you spout such ridiculous claims ppl..

And lastly, the US will better combat china in the future by switching to the fair tax which would begin to return the US as a manufacturing juggernaut, at the same time making us less dependent on china and defusing that problem. Americas economy is expected to grow at 10.5% in the first year of the fairtax, and would more then double americas current economic size by 2015. Succesfully disarming the "china threat" (which never existed) while making America stronger.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I do not understand why the United States likes to push China over this issue. China is starting to become a diplomatic ally of the United States.

Countries do not have allies thay have mutual interests. That being said China could have heeled old Crazy Kim anytime yet let it drag on for years. We have yet to see if Kim will keep to his agreements either eh? I hardly think China could even be remotly considered an ally by any stretch.

And for Pete's sake we are talking about some AMRAAM's and Maverick missiles. Not THAAD or a flotilla of Aegis class destroyers equipped with the SM-2 Block IV or something

[edit on 3/2/07 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
right on fredt

china could have pulled the plug on kimmy boy anytime. They didnt because they were trying to oppose the US. They let NK be the tail that wagged the dog. And they were fine with it..

China is in no position to demand anything from us!

[edit on 023131p://4703pm by semperfoo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join