It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China demands US cancel planned missile sale to Taiwan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The U.S can't keep borrowing money for wars, using money for natural disasters, etc. Eventually countries will realize (which they do) they will never get their money back so they won't lend or buy U.S debt.

Last figure is we owe China 300 billion dollars. We are wont go to war with China and China doesnt want to go to war with us because we are both like two peas in a pod.

Oh yeah, China and the US were to go to war, it would be detrimental to the entire world.

Not good for anyone.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
I believe the US could "defend" taiwan from the chinese military. We're not invading china. Though With our conventional military we could destroy the chinese conventional military and its cities without to much of a problem. Trying to occupy mainland china is a whole different scenario.

[edit on 053131p://3303pm by semperfoo]

People intend to forget the unhappy memory. Do you still remember what happened in a conventional war in NA 50 years ago?

I think U.S doesn't stand a chance to win China in the Taiwan straight, it is just like PLA fighting with U.S in cuba.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Its interesting that none of you "oh so quick to defend" the oh so innocent communist regime in China pointed out why Taiwan need the AMRAAMS?
The PLAAF is putting the PL-12 into service.

U.S. sources suggest that Taiwanese air combat modeling showed unfavorable attrition ratios in engagements with Chinese air force fighter aircraft equipped with the PL-12.
Chinese Deploy PL-12

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by google_abcd

Originally posted by semperfoo
I believe the US could "defend" taiwan from the chinese military. We're not invading china. Though With our conventional military we could destroy the chinese conventional military and its cities without to much of a problem. Trying to occupy mainland china is a whole different scenario.

[edit on 053131p://3303pm by semperfoo]

People intend to forget the unhappy memory. Do you still remember what happened in a conventional war in NA 50 years ago?

I think U.S doesn't stand a chance to win China in the Taiwan straight, it is just like PLA fighting with U.S in cuba.

Remember? I wasnt even alive.

I do know that if today china was dumb enough to try and stand toe to toe with the US military it would be the demise of the PLA.

What if anything does the PLA have that is superior to what the United States military has?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What if anything does the PLA have that is superior to what the United States military has?

One Word:-

MANPOWER

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

MANPOWER

Having more soldiers does'nt mean you win in modern warfare.

To be honest, if PRChina wanted to improve its military, it would
reduce the number of soldiers, as having that many soldiers i s drain
on resources.

[edit on 3/13/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

MANPOWER

What are we living in? 700 A.D.? Numbers dont matter in todays world. It just makes your chances of hitting someone go way up.

So allow me to reiterate my question. What does china have, that makes them superior to the United States armed forces?

[edit on 093131p://0003pm by semperfoo]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

MANPOWER

Having more soldiers does'nt mean you win in modern warfare.

To be honest, if PRChina wanted to improve its military, it would
reduce the number of soldiers, as having that many soldiers i s drain
on resources.

[edit on 3/13/2007 by iori_komei]

I never said it does. The question was about 'superiority'. China simply has superiority in numbers.

Nor does having advanced technology mean 'winning' in modern warfare. It only takes one lead bullet to kill one man - pretty low tech. WWII was probably the last war ever won by advanced technology.

So the west has very high-tech weaponary, so what! It costs money, lots of it, your money btw. Its still no guarantee of ever winning anything.

I would imagine, that China's armed forces are less of a drain on its resources than a modern western armed forces are. I bet a western soldier would'nt last too long on a bowl of rice a day.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We could go on and on slagging each other off about China has this, the US has that, etc, etc.

But to be honest, do you really think the US would defend Taiwan if China decided to escalate its stance? I dont, do you?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

We could go on and on slagging each other off about China has this, the US has that, etc, etc.

But to be honest, do you really think the US would defend Taiwan if China decided to escalate its stance? I dont, do you?

I believe we would. However I dont see china doing such a stupid thing. First Japan and the Aussies have a security pact with the island as does the US. So if we were to just sit by idly and watch do you think the japs and aussies would do the same? First off a war with taiwan would hurt the chinese economy that relies to heavily on cheap exports. Its our duty as it has been since 1979 to protect the island from mainland china. And we could successfully defend taiwan from mainland china with our superior navy and air force. We wouldnt have to put one man on the ground..

[edit on 103131p://2503pm by semperfoo]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I never said it does. The question was about 'superiority'. China simply has superiority in numbers.

Well I was just saying, I'm not assuming what you do or don't think,
I was just saying something on the basic topic.

Nor does having advanced technology mean 'winning' in modern warfare. It only takes one lead bullet to kill one man - pretty low tech. WWII was probably the last war ever won by advanced technology.

Depends on the technology, one technology could win a war in one
situation, while another would'nt.

A single bullet does'nt kille someone, unless they are completely
unprotected, and you hit the right spot.

WWII was won a fight with both sides having access to roughly equally
advanced technology.

WWII was won because good always wins...Ok, that was a joke, we won
because we got lucky.

So the west has very high-tech weaponary, so what! It costs money, lots of it, your money btw. Its still no guarantee of ever winning anything.

So a single very expensive warhead could take out a very large area,
or a orbital platform could disarm a country without doing lots of damage.

Point is advancd technology will always be, at the least, a major
advantage.

I don't mind my money being used to develop and make weapons.
Where, when and who they are used on, is what I do mind.

I would imagine, that China's armed forces are less of a drain on its resources than a modern western armed forces are. I bet a western soldier would'nt last too long on a bowl of rice a day.

I doubt that, Chinas military is massive, and as such costs lots of money.
Add to that alot of Western countries have small militaries, and don't
spend a great amount of money on them, and indeed some don't even
have militaries in general.

I'm pretty sure every one of Americas Marines could, probably on one
every other day actually.

Yes, yes I do.
We've never broken a defence pact that I'm aware of like that.
Plus, more people today don't seem to be fans of China, especially since
people like Lou Dobbs insisits on calling them the 'Communist Threat'
and 'Red China'.

Oh, and considering Taiwan is a free, liberla democracy, people would
support it.

On a side note, if PRChina did invade Taiwan, andwe wnet to war, I'd
be at the recruters the second after it was official, requesting a place
on the front lines.

[edit on 3/14/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
China doesn't need to attack US with any type of military meanings, they already have our nation by the balls when it comes to the economy.

People forget so easily who is financing our debt.

People forget so easily with who corporate America is sleeping lately.

China can do so much damage to our nation, is no funny.

But that is how our nation has been sold to foreign interest.

They will demand anything they want or else . . .

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
More china humping.. I would say that you ppl need to stop overestimating the third world nation that is china.. but this is a conspiracy site so I wont try and use to much logic.

I get tired of reexplaining this over and over again. Look at the fairtax thread as to why the US is outsourcing jobs marg. You want it to stop then the fairtax is your answer. Its not because corporations get their jollys off either by moving over seas. Its because if they didnt they wouldnt be competitive in the world market.
CHINA AND INDIA THEMSELVES ARE OUTSOURCING JOBS TO POORER COUNTRYS. Its part of the pecking order.

Moveing on.

Marg for the sake of brevity.. Your wrong.

And as for americas debt. Japan is our biggest financier. NOT china.

Speaking of americas debt.. Its actually shrinking..
www.csmonitor.com...

Hey I like lou dobbs too. Hes a good man. But hes also an isolationist who has an agenda. I wouldnt put to much stock into what he says.

'Outsourcing' - What a Non-Crisis That Turned Out to Be
futurist.typepad.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I know your point of view Semper but you are ignoring the sign of an economy in trouble.

China is our second biggest lender.

And the one that US is now relying for help to finance our everything.

The Bush economy recovery is nothing but an illusion and people that has seen this coming knows better.

But that is another thread.

Semper our nation is in trouble.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I know your point of view Semper but you are ignoring the sign of an economy in trouble.
Semper our nation is in trouble.

Marg lets look at the facts shall we. Part of the argument is that we have completely lost our manufacturing infrastructer. Well check this out...

The index of the industrial production is up 30% over the past 10 years, its up 81% over the past 20 years.

Then we're told that china, japan and other countrys are stealing all of our high tech, well guess what marg? the index of production of high tech is up 735% over the past 10 years. its up 7000% over the past 20 years.

Then we're told that all of our jobs are being outsourced.... Well marg, guess what... Civilian employment in this country (which is at a record high) increased by 17.6 million over the last 10years, and 34.7 million over the past 20 years. And then finally, real GDP is up 35% over the last 10 years, and 83% over the last 20 years. ..

So its safe to say I dont see the damage that you speak of marg. Especially from free trade which is what protection--isolationist like lou dobbs have a problem with. I do see alot of benefits to the United States from free trade though.

And our nations deficit.. Like I already pointed out is shrinking marg. The budget deficit now stands at about 1.4 percent of the nation's GDP, well below the 2.3 percent that's been the norm since 1970's. And in 2008, the US deficit as percentage of GDP is projected to be at 0.7%.. I see a strong rapidly expanding economy marg...

Competition has never hurt this country marg. Thats all china presents. Is competition. Competition that we are currently blowing away..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join