It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufos and power lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
hi, folks.

the most recent sighting which occured above my hometown made me very contemplative and by that i tried to figure out why the ufos would want to visit this location.

in 1998 and in 2006 there were two objects at the same location.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

so i had a look at the surrounding area.
i dont know how i could not see this, BUT the 2006 ufo maneuvered directly to a miles long high voltage power line which goes straight through our city and it stayed there for a while, before it disappeared through shooting up from hovering 20ft above the ground miles high into the sky.

so what is the connection between ufos and power lines?

regards.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Very interesting. I am wondering whether there is a correlation between the locations of large electrical transmission and distribution power lines and various UFO sightings.

It would be an interesting project to map some UFO sightings in relations to large transmission/distribution systems; as well as large power plants and substations.

I know that there has been discussion of UFOs and nuclear power plants; but I do not remember if there has been any authoritative study of those sightings.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the only thing a power line could offer them is the magnetic field that surrouds the power lines, all wires that have current flow have a magnetic field around them. how they would benifit from this i dont know

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Maybe they are mapping out our infrastructure. Who knows what their purpose is but the managers in the black budget projects.

If the UFOs are here to help us, great, lets welcome them. BUT if they are planning anything evil, the public needs to know now. We shouldn't be kept in the dark until the last moment.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i just got an idea. what if they put something into our power lines, like if you put something in one's drink. maybe they dont suck power off but put "power" in. and for what purpose?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i found out that there is the citys watter recycling facility where the ufo has been spotted. the ufo had dropped something before it left. so are our water supplys modified?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cometa

so what is the connection between ufos and power lines?

regards.

Older style Vril Craft use earrth ground, nuclear power plants and power lines to recharge their electromagnetic fields. Many times when a craft cannot land, it will hover for a few minutes above the ground to regain it's charge.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
yeah, it just hovered there for a while, before it shot straight up into the sky.
maybe it was a vril craft, or something similar.
where did you read of that?

best regards

( thread regarding sightings: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

[edit on 27/4/07 by cometa]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Some skeptics theorise that electromagnetic polution may be interfering with the brain to cause halucinations. I've heard this in regard to UFOs, abductions or visitations and hauntings.

I saw a documentary many years ago on the subject, one case that stands out in mind was a couple that believed they were the victims of a poltergeist, every morning they'd wake to find all the shoes in the house arranged around the edge of the kitchen table. Concerned they contacted a paranormal investigator, who set up some surveilance and discovered it was the husband who in a trance like state was doing this himself, it turned out that he was extremely sensitive to electromagnetism and they were situated quite close to power lines.
The show also speculated that old granite castles and also eathquakes can produce electromagnetic fields, hence ghosts, voices and UFOs.

While I think the theory has some merit I don't think it can account for all cases. Especially those with photos

In January of this year I was driving past some large powerlines and I saw a very intense bright light rise up behind a hill, I could see the glow of the object over the hill before I saw the light, almost like a miniture sunrise type of effect, It rose straight up at a steady pace before I lost it behind some trees. I was dumbfounded, I've seen a few unidentified objects before all of which could be explained conventionaly like balloons, blimps or satellites but I have no explanation for what this was, the light was extremely intense and looked like nothing I've seen before.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by squiz]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
sounds very impressive!

i am very sure that em-radiation harms us a lot.
imagine all the em-waves just everywhere at all frequencies all the time.
this surely leads to some malfunctions in our behaviour and recognition of our "reality".

ufos are for real.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Great thread cometa
There are a lot of reports through the years of UFOs which the witnesses say are next to power lines, film of them in close proximity too.

It would not surprise me at all to learn their sort-of recharging. One case I had read a couple of months ago while looking into a case of the Polish MEchanic, his dead car and clear UFOs floating nearby, involved a Lady's report (also Poland) of a UFO she was watching through her house window hovering up close to the hydro line.

After a few seconds she said all the power went out in her home. She continued watching the UFO and in a few seconds it suddenly rose up in the air and disappeared, and the hydro was back on. Curious.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cometa
i found out that there is the citys watter recycling facility where the ufo has been spotted. the ufo had dropped something before it left. so are our water supplys modified?

Where'd you get that info from?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i live there. ;P
its my hometown.

check this out:
personal google map

( if above link doesnt work )

description of sightings:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28/4/07 by cometa]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
if the c2c drone is really a power-line-monitoring-drone, then it could also have been the c2c drone in my city.

but the object was described as cigar-shaped and as a disk, too.
its confusing.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As a landscape photographer, I know one thing that seems to have eluded everyone else here: there are a lot of power lines out there. It would be hard for a UFO to appear anywhere there are people to see it and not be near a power line.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonFromPorlock
As a landscape photographer, I know one thing that seems to have eluded everyone else here: there are a lot of power lines out there. It would be hard for a UFO to appear anywhere there are people to see it and not be near a power line.

yes, its a fact. where power lines are, there is population. but your statement, that its hard for ufos to appear where there are no power lines at all is not so true - they appear everywhere. anyway, its a good point mentioned.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gyroscope
Older style Vril Craft use earrth ground, nuclear power plants and power lines to recharge their electromagnetic fields. Many times when a craft cannot land, it will hover for a few minutes above the ground to regain it's charge.

Really? How fascinating! What exactly is a 'Vril Craft?' What else do you know about them? Where are they from? How did you happen to learn how their propulsion systems function? Do you have first hand knowledge of them , e.g. been on one, for example, or have you heard about these from somewhere else? Juts curious to learn more about this aspect.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Is it possible this could be the answer to your question about UFOs and Powerlines?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Is it possible this could be the answer to your question about UFOs and Powerlines?

www.youtube.com...

the guy said it was popular in 1930 / 1960?
i think, that since mankind knows electricity they played around with it.
but we dont know how ufos work, how their propulsion system works, so we cant tell anything about their energy / power sources or what they are affected by or why they would like to hang over power lines.
maybe its just a cool feeling when you are inside an ufo and hover over a power line, i dont know!

[edit on 10/6/07 by cometa]

new topics

top topics

join