It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the C is constant, why are galaxies symmetrical?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ok guys,

Help me out with this quandary. If the speed of light is constant throughout the galaxy, why are distant galaxies symmetrical? Should not they appear slightly warped due to the distance from one side to the other, anywhere from 100000+ light years from edge to edge?

It's just one of those nagging little questions that has had me thinking for the last week or so.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here's an answer: How would you know that they're skewed?

With our only view being from Earth, it's not as though we can move around the galaxies to get pictures from different perspectives.

PS Also, galaxies and their constituent parts don't move that fast vis a vis the speed of light.

If a galaxy is oriented in a particular manner, then much of the light coming from it will reach us at the same time.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by supercheetah]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Are they? You are talking about the idea that there appears to be no distortion in the shape of distant galexicies becaue they Appear symetrical.

How do we know they are perfectly symetrical? Is it not possible that we are seeing an Optical Illusion of some kind?

Tim

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just make this kind model: what you see in CERN is lower picture of biger picture. Speed of light is slowed down via inertia waves to constant C.

And maby what you see is not there or picture is delayed.
I explained machine what is needed to do real time observation (in INDIGO forum text).

Explain all proces, where did you see that picture and your mind conclusion/paterns to achive diagnose of problem.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMicrophone
Ok guys,

Help me out with this quandary. If the speed of light is constant throughout the galaxy, why are distant galaxies symmetrical? Should not they appear slightly warped due to the distance from one side to the other, anywhere from 100000+ light years from edge to edge?

You seem to be talking about the 'visual appearance' of other galaxies, thinking that light from one side takes longer to reach Earth than the other side.

Since light travels in a straight line, except when warped by a 'gravitational lens', then there should be no 'image' distortion.

Generally when people talk about symmetry and galaxies they're referring to the 'Big Bang' theory and they mean symmetrical distribution of the material. That might throw some people off as to what you're asking.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3rgY
Just make this kind model: what you see in CERN is lower picture of biger picture. Speed of light is slowed down via inertia waves to constant C.

Inertial waves?? As far as I'm aware that is a concept native to fluid mechanics not to interstellar space and light waves.

en.wikipedia.org...

Do you have a source or link that explains the use of the term or concept of 'inertial waves' in outer space, (other than science fiction writing)?

TIA

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi there,

This is quite an intelligent and deep thought.

The answer to this one is simple.

When we look up at the skies, what we are actually viewing is images of events that occurred in the past.

Light travels at 299,792,458 meters a second which is 670,616,629 miles per hour. The further light has to travel from a source to reach your eye the longer it takes to get there and the further back in time the object is viewed from your point of view.

So for example when you view an object 1 light year away what you are actually seeing is the object as it was one year ago.

When we set Hubble on an ultra deep field scan this is actually what our interpretation of the results looked like.

These Galaxies are estimated to be born around the 800 million year mark after the big bang at a red shift of around 12.

Just beyond the UDFS (Ultra Deep Field Scan) is the dark ages at around 13.7 billion light years away.

Now... to answer your question...

What we see is in fact a true representation of the galaxies, however the light emitted by the part of the galaxy farthest away from us is slightly more red shifted than the region closest to us... However this does not mean we see a warped galaxy...

What it does mean is that the image of the galaxy is made up of different time zones.

Example.

Take a spiral galaxy a billion light years away and 100'000 light year in diameter. Mark point (A) at the largest red shift and point (B) at the smallest red shift value.

So logically it takes light 100'000 years to get from point (A) to point (B).

That means when we record the light emanating from that galaxy what we are actually seeing is a galaxy with a time deferential depending on Galactic circumference.

This has various effects depending on the type of galaxy. if a galaxy is spinning, it may mean we see mirror images of stars.

Take that hypothetical galaxy 100'000 light years in diameter and spin it at a rate of 500'000 light years a second and you would see the same stars replicated.

Personally, I view the universe as a kind of hall of mirrors and so the data we have at present may mean something completely different. Research is ongoing.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yes fluid mechanics is same as space mechanic. If you are not amateur then we can speak.

Read all about it In INDIGO CHILDRED i started to write from page 6. I am currently bulding time machine in my spare time and i allready provided how to build (practical model) of INERTIA shield and how UFO engine work.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If you are not amateur then we can speak.
I am currently bulding time machine in my spare time and i allready provided how to build (practical model) of INERTIA shield and how UFO engine work.

I'm not having a go or anything but come on...

Inertia shielding is not the realms of science fiction as experiments with super conductivity and high powered electro magnetic fields can shield an object from the forces of gravity...

But Time Travel and UFO Engines??? I think you may find you are in line for some serious and professional criticism there.

I am an advocate of Loop Quantum Gravity and I say there is a sea of pure potentiality out there, but IMO Time Travel is not and never will be possible.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yea I have practical models in my garage. You can read details in HUMAN 2.0 INDIGO CHILD (from page 6).

Your scepticizm is understanable only until you read in details.
I will not repeat same text in this forum.

I allready explained big bang, and radil temprature curvature in space.
Conversation was about INDIGO GEN but we jumped to other themes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I welcome any professional criticism especialy quantum.

READ WHOLE FORUM you'l get a point

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I welcome any professional criticism especialy quantum.

READ WHOLE FORUM you'l get a point

Let me ask you two questions. How long have you been working on your project and how old are you?

Just trying to get a sense of scale.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I will not answer who am I or how old am I.
What is important to understand is how it function from basic to complex.

THE PROBLEMS AND LIMITATIONS OF INCREASING ENERGY ON MASS (AIR & SPACECRAFT) WITH CURRENT ROCKET AND IONPROPULSION
SYSTEMS.

APPROACH “REDUCING MASS-GRAVITY EFFECT BY WAVE TRANSFORMATION OF MASS”
LOOKING AT ALL WAVE-PARTICLE RELATIONSHIPS IN ALL 4
DIMENSIONS VERSUS THE CURRENT 2-D (3-D includes Time) MODEL with (OSCILLOSCOPES)
4-D WAVE-PARTICLE CLOCK FOR MEASURING ALL WAVE-PARTICLE RLEATIONSHIPS FROM QUANTUM TO ASTROPHYSICAL MODELS

Einstein’s 4 dimensions
Schrodinger’s wave -experiment on water in all 4 dimensions
Niels Bohr atom experiment in all 4 dimensions

COMPARING THE QUANTUM WAVE-PARTICLE-RELATIONSHIP OF THE
GREATEST MASS PARTICLES TO THE LEAST (ELECTRON) IN PARTICLE
COLLISSIONS

BLACK HOLES – THE “MASS-GRAVITY
REDUCING EFFECT”

THE DISSAGREEMENT ON THE RESULTS REVEALS THE HIDDEN CLUE

STUDYING HOW THESE NEW RESULTS COULD BE APPLIED TO MASS
AND AERO-SPACE CRAFT TO REDUCE MASS-GRAVITY EFFECTS AND HIGHVELOCITY INERTIAL MASS INCREASES.

UFOs EXHIBIT EVIDENCE OF MASS-PARTICLE (SPACECRAFT) WAVE
RELATIONSHIP

A LOOK AT THE WAVE-PARTICLE RELATIONSHIPS IN MASS
VERSUS ZERO MASS PARTICLES (MASS VERSUS LIGHT)
The Photo-Electric Effect – “Does the photon have mass debate?”

HOW TO REDUCE THE MASS-GRAVITY EFFECT OF AN AERO-
SPACECRAFT TOWARDS ZERO

A Zero-mass-gravity spacecraft can now attain the speed of light and beyond with near zero energy. The initial energy applied to cause the reducing mass-gravity effect.

All explained just keep reading......

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link
Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 13-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I will not answer who am I or how old am I.

Well then...(gently clicks the 'Ignore User' button).

Thanks for the help on that.

While it is good to see so many posters on ATS for whom English is a second language, I find it tiresome when they post in all caps.

Hope you don't mind.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Those are titles from my study over 7 years.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Badge01,

If you thought B3rgY's posts above were...um...interesting?, you should take a look at what he has made of the Indigo Children thread (not that the original topic of thread was any better)

Now far be it from me to accuse anyone of this, but IMO B3rgY has more than one screen name and likes to carry on conversations with himself...but I could be wrong. And if I am, then shame on me.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
C is not a constant, unless you can get your head around this strange and wierd aspect of the universe the whole question is not worth asking really

C not Constant

Again not constant

do some research on the Bose Einstein Condensate and also singularities.

Regards

Elf

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We have only one view the Earth's

As far as the rest...Through out history people have been trying to set the limit on what we as a species can do. How many times in history have we destroyed these laws, or is the world still flat?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Neon Haze
That was an excellent explanation and I now "Get it". I had also wondered why distant galaxies did not appear "smeared".
The graphic you included showing the age of the Universe was most helpful.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thank you Neon Haze. Your explanation was concise and the graphics were very helpful. I appreciate the time you took for your reply. You're great!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join