It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Standard - Christ's Coffin v. Shoah v. Danish Cartoons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Isn't that what Christianity and the resurrection are? Sketchy evidence from thousands of years ago?

You're being way too generous BH... "evidence."

"Eye witness" testimony submitted decades later, compiled, edited and rewritten centuries later more by a GOVERNMENT, with all contrary observations burned?

I'd sooner call The Legend of Robin Hood fact or bow down to King Arthur.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingIn

I think resurrection-denial is a hate crime against Christians

This is PURE GOLD, i was having a bad day until i read this nugget of a quote. Let me see a
show of hands who wants this as a bumper sticker ?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sorry i forgot to add how does not believing in a situation equate to hate ?, I personally dont believe David letterman is funny, i guess i'm guilty of hate crimes against Letterman ?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

and those perpetrating it should be locked up, and not allowed to speak.

But you should be allowed to speak whatever you believe in, right?
Even if it takes a hammer?

Originally posted by RANT
You're being way too generous BH... "evidence."
with all contrary observations burned?

I was giving the benefit of the doubt.

RANT!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

I think resurrection-denial is a hate crime against Christians

This is PURE GOLD, i was having a bad day until i read this nugget of a quote. Let me see a
show of hands who wants this as a bumper sticker ?

hah, thats perfect I love it!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo dag
The zealot fundametalists will be coming out of the woodwork like a bunch of rats in a Manhattan Taco Bell!

But they won't be rioting, killing people and destroying property....

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
the Point here was not about the resurrection of Christ, but the "special Protection" that the Holocaust receives.( And I was Never aware that CANADA, was a nazi state ) in other Countries it is a "hate" crime (www.adl.org...)punishable with jail to say Less 6 million people of Jewish heritage died in concentration camps (external source Approximately 6 million Jews were killed in the course of Hitler's Final Solution. www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...). even tho, the numbers do not match the records ( Germans are renown for book keeping ) It is a crime to wear red white and blue to school in Denver (www.newshounds.us...
radio_host_peter_boyle_decries_moral_relativism.php). it's all about being PC. and I've only got two cheeks to slap, then It's MY turn............

spelling edit LOL

[edit on 27-2-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Even if supposedly the Holocaust was orchestrated by the Jews, do you think they all told each other? It would have been those in charge who knew about it, and even if that was the case it would still be a holocaust. 6 million would still die, except the hand of the killer would be different.

I don't believe Jesus was the Son of God. I don't even believe he was anything more than the charismatic leader of a cult, which he was.
People want to dig him up because we have a thirst for knowledge. I don't believe he was the Son of God, but there is always the part of my mind that thinks "What if?" If he was a Messiah then what would that mean for me and the way I see my life?

No one is digging up Mohammed for good reason. It's not because Muslim's would riot, but because we know he was a man, we know he died and we know where he's buried. What are we gonna learn if we examine his skeleton? That his second toe was longer than his first? That's not exactly the religious highlight of the century now is it?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
the Point here was not about the resurrection of Christ, but the "special Protection" that the Holocaust receives.( And I was Never aware that CANADA, was a nazi state ) in other Countries it is a "hate" crime (www.adl.org...)punishable with jail to say Less 6 million people of Jewish heritage died in concentration camps

Finally... a reader who was able to discern THE POINT of my OP.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I think resurrection-denial is a hate crime against Christians, and those perpetrating it should be locked up, and not allowed to speak. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander, wouldn't ya say?

So the majority of the world that is not Christian should be locked up and denied their right to speak? What a fool.

Thanks for mentioning that. The point of the OP is the double standard with which certain major religions are treated. Because aren't muslims currently living under those same beliefs, with people denied their lives, liberty and pursuit of happiness solely for the "crime" (as muslims see it) of not being a muslim, of having "slandered" the muslim "faith" with a silly cartoon - for God's sake ...

JEEZZZ bloody fanatics!!!!

That's right. I was just posting about them above.

Oh, and by insulting people by posting in caps, calling them fanatics, fools and worse, aren't you trying to deny people's free speech by attempting to bully them into silence? Another case of a double standard here, I see.

[edit on 2/27/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
The double standard is that Christians aren't out rioting, and killing people whenever they hear something they don't like.

are you referencing the few isolated instances regarding the charicature of the prophet mohammed?

because they were just that, isolated
most demonstrations were PEACEFUL AND UNREPORTED

now, to the task at hand
if denying christ's ressurection is a hate crime
then denying the existence of mjolnir would become a hate crime
etc

if someone gave LEGITIMATE scientific and historical backing for denial of the events of the holocaust, it'd all be peachy-keen
but as nygdan pointed out already, it's all just hate filled propoganda

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

The double standard is that Christians aren't out rioting, and killing people whenever they hear something they don't like.

are you referencing the few isolated instances regarding the charicature of the prophet mohammed?

Sorry, but religious killings tend to make the news these days. And no one seems to be killing muslims due to perceived religious slights of such gravity as cartoons, or being "political" and not wearing a veil.

now, to the task at hand if denying christ's ressurection is a hate crime then denying the existence of mjolnir would become a hate crime etc

I wonder. Would that not be considered a hate crime in most of the hard-line muslim countries? So, your point is?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

if someone gave LEGITIMATE scientific and historical backing for denial of the events of the holocaust, it'd all be peachy-keen

Legit evidence? well isn't that the pot calling the Kettle black, Ummm what evidence is there that 6 million died? Could it have been 4 1/2 million? I don't deny that MANY millions died in WWII, but I wanna know where the 6 million names are please? STATE your sources.. saying it's "common knowledge" is not a source. even the Jewish websites I quoted say approximate, so why the magic "6 million?" books.google.com...://www. google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3DWWII%2Bdocumentation%2Bby%2Bgermans%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch&sa=X&oi=print&ct=result&cd=3#PPA61,M1
Read page 61 and who is eligible for financial restitution (this is from the Potsdam accords)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

now, to the task at hand if denying christ's ressurection is a hate crime then denying the existence of mjolnir would become a hate crime etc

I wonder. Would that not be considered a hate crime in most of the hard-line muslim countries? So, your point is?

Why would Muslims care about whether or not Mjolnir existed? Its not exactl the core of their beliefs is it?

The Muslim community gets offended when Mohammed is portrayed because their faith forbids it. Its not the same as Christianity where every third painting is of Caucasian Jesus or his mum. In Islamic communities there are no pictures of Mohammed because unlike Christians they don't shamelessly use their chief prophet as the subject of every piece of art.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It is patently absurd to try and equate denial of the Holocaust with a refusal to believe in the metaphor of the resurrection.

You simply cannot call it "denying the resurrection" because first and foremost it is an article of faith and as such cannot be empirically proven. You are either a believer or you are not.

At the same time unless you have something that is emphatically linked to Jesus such as DNA from a living relative to his body, you cannot prove that he didn't rise from the grave.

As for the Holocaust it is an indisputable historical event with witnesses and a paper trail and most importantly, victims. To deny that it did not happen in a public forum is an to insult the memory, of not only those who died, but those who survived as well. It also gives solace to the Neo-Nazi's and their supporters, and ammunition for their propaganda.

Personally I believe that most religious stories are best understood as metaphors for more profound truths that straight words cannot convey; and to read them literally is a sad simplification of matters of the spirit.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
It is patently absurd to try and equate denial of the Holocaust with a refusal to believe in the metaphor of the resurrection.

Maybe. Unless it was only meant as a metaphor or thought exercise.

You simply cannot call it "denying the resurrection" because first and foremost it is an article of faith and as such cannot be empirically proven. You are either a believer or you are not.

Totally agree - are you shocked?

At the same time unless you have something that is emphatically linked to Jesus such as DNA from a living relative to his body, you cannot prove that he didn't rise from the grave.

Totally agree again.

As for the Holocaust it is an indisputable historical event with witnesses and a paper trail and most importantly, victims. To deny that it did not happen in a public forum is an to insult the memory, of not only those who died, but those who survived as well. It also gives solace to the Neo-Nazi's and their supporters, and ammunition for their propaganda.

Wow. Agree three times on the same post!

Personally I believe that most religious stories are best understood as metaphors for more profound truths that straight words cannot convey; and to read them literally is a sad simplification of matters of the spirit.

Make it four in a row. This is the exact reason why people engaging in 'my religion is better than your religion' discussions/wars/etc. is totally absurd - since everyone's Almighty is never going to hand down a decision that everyone (anyone?) else would believe.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I always knew you were smarter than rr conservative.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Sorry, but religious killings tend to make the news these days. And no one seems to be killing muslims due to perceived religious slights of such gravity as cartoons, or being "political" and not wearing a veil.

No we're just killing them (by the scadloads) because they happen to live where the oil is!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

Legit evidence? well isn't that the pot calling the Kettle black, Ummm what evidence is there that 6 million died? Could it have been 4 1/2 million? I don't deny that MANY millions died in WWII, but I wanna know where the 6 million names are please? STATE your sources.. saying it's "common knowledge" is not a source. even the Jewish websites I quoted say approximate, so why the magic "6 million?" books.google.com...://www. google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3DWWII%2Bdocumentation%2Bby%2Bgermans%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch&sa=X&oi=print&ct=result&cd=3#PPA61,M1
Read page 61 and who is eligible for financial restitution (this is from the Potsdam accords)

You sure are bad at posting weblinks...

[edit on 2/28/2007 by whargoul]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sorry about the last few one liners, let me weight in the actual topic now.

What is going on with all of these christian's faith? First Dan Brown and now James Cameron? And you guys keep poping gaskets. C'mon if your faith is so deep, I think you should be able to roll with the humanizing of your MESSIAH, not your G_D (I sure like that spelling), but your MESSIAH.

I believe (and somebody correct me if I am wrong) that even though your religion is mainly tied up in King James version of the New Testiment, that all authorized New and Old Tests are still "backward compatable" and thus required reading and "faithing". SO, I have always been confused about the Deification of the son and the mom. I know there's some kind of trinity thing and all, but what ever happened to put no God before me? I guess that's all a little off topic, but really what I am trying to get to here is "it's just jesus, cmon get over it!"

I bet that's angered some of you, but truely I thought it was all about the message? Not the MAN... So what if he didn't turn water into wine or rise bodily into heaven, does that negate the message in your view? I don't even believe the man ever existed in the first place and still honor the message (Jesus' message that is, I stay away from all that eye for an eye Old Test stuff, I think it's all a bit evil and counter productive to a happy life).

If James Cameron can prove this out, my world view is just as in the balance as yours. Im not freaking out... As the old gym class saying goes "cmon, walk it off your ok!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join