It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are There people Who Think They Can Stop Climate Change?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That wasn't very nice muadib even coming from you that was nice at all. and you don't attack people. yeah right.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
That wasn't very nice muadib even coming from you that was nice at all. and you don't attack people. yeah right.

I was merely responding to Regenmacher's insults, but for some reason and as always he doesn't get a warning and someone like myself does....

You have also resorted to insult other people and you have not recieved warnings either.

If he doesn't like to be responded with insults then he shouldn't be a smartass, and if the staff want to stop this sort of behevior they should "start with those members who always begin insulting and continue to insult, and continue to insult and no warnings are given to them, oh but if the people who those insults are directed to respond...wow they get warnings in 5 minutes or less....

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have recieved plenty of warnings as well.... but despite your claims to the contrary I do not attack people ad hoc.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I have recieved plenty of warnings as well.... but despite your claims to the contrary I do not attack people ad hoc.

I am not going to start pointing to you what you have said recently... but if calling people with a different political affiliation than yours "idiots who don't have a brain", among some of the other namecalling you have done recently is no ad hominem attack...i don't know whats is...

Anyways, as can be seen in this thread, some people don't even want to consider every natural factor together, or even separetely that is happening at the same time that the Earth is going through Climate Change, but instead these people want to believe it is "mankind's fault no-matter what", and if they have to resort to insults to try to defend their position, they will, and apparently they are getting away with it.

Despite the fact that several natural factors, which do affect the climate, are happening now, and which have not happened for thousands, and even hundreds of thousands of years, there are people who want to dismiss these events and still want to blame mankind. It almost seems like compulsive behaviour, or even a new religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by grover
you guys are a joke. The majority of you ... are good examples of why the rest of the world joins the words dumb and American together.
quote:

was originally a response to comments like this:

quote: Originally posted by perplexed
Like I have said many times... I will not buy into this hate America first crap. First of all we didn't start global warming. We created a society the rest of the world NOW desires to have. It is not us that should pay for the mistaken domestic policies of the rest of the world for the last 500 years. This is a giant ploy to kill us economically.

The rest of the world could just fall off the face of the earth for all I care. I will continue to mow my small patch of lawn with my gas guzzling 1970 lawn tractor. I will continue to burn enormous amounts of fossil fuels getting to work. I will now burn two bags of charcoal when I cook my cow!

There is no global warming and if there is we are not causing it. Who in their right mind falls for this crap? In the 70's they said we were headed toward an ICE age. In fact I think they said that by the year 2000 millions would be dead from starvation. Now it’s the other way around? In 30 years we solved the ICE age issue. I'll bet any amount of money that in 30 years the UN will be bit$hing about another ICE age. quote:

To which FlyersFan responded with:

quote: Originally posted by FlyersFan
.... and we don't care about your anti-American bigotry or what you think about us. Oh the jealousy .... quote:

To which I said.

quote: Originally posted by grover
The joke is on you flyer... I was born and raised in the south, Virginia specifically, have served my country honorably in the military and at 51, I have earned the right to say when I think my country has its head stuck up its ass.... and still love it, regardless. Something you right wing idiots have yet to figure out. quote:

If I was really bored and wanted to waste some time I could find far more vicious and insulting quotes from you Muaddib.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by grover]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of the IPCC Report?

2500 scientific expert reviewers
800 contributing authors
450 lead authors from
130 countries
6 years of work

The first of 4 reports was released earlier this month, and scientists have concluded that human activity is largely to blame for rising temperatures.

Most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely (greater than 90% likely) due to the observed increase in anthropogenic (human) greenhouse gas concentrations

Source

So say what you want about natural cycles, but I'm pointing my finger at all of us. Internet research is well and good, but I refuse to argue with the scientific community.
They have spent their entire lives researching this and have collectively agreed that humans are to blame.

TJ11240

[edit on 2/27/07 by TJ11240]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
@ TJ11240

Actually, yes I have heard of it. It was being discussed in THIS thread:

ATS _ Can we even stop global warming?

I am amazed at the level of apathy of people in this country when it comes to this topic. First the debate was if GW even existed. NOW it is whether or not man is the cause or contributing to it. There are people who are just fine with GW because it talks about the earth heating up in the end times in the bible!!!!!!!! THAT mentallity scares the hell out of me!

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 27-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is:

Why are There people Who Think They Can Stop Climate Change?

Please limit your comments to the subject rather than debating other aspects of Global Warming....
which are discussed elsewhere in this forum.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
news.aol.com

Gore has become completely paranoid. branson a just a rich nut that has way to much money for his own good.

anyways if anyone thinks they can find an answer to extracting greenhouse gases from the atmosphere you could be an instant multi millionaire.

Also china is expected to surpass the US on Green house emissions in 2009. China also is the highest polluter in industrialized pollution so I want to hear more ppl blaming china on global warming then.

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
@ semperfoo

Semper, FYI... You must be lost. You're on ATS, everyone here is anti - US, pro everyone else. Just a friendly hint. Good luck!

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TJ11240
Has anyone heard of the IPCC Report?

2500 scientific expert reviewers
800 contributing authors
450 lead authors from
130 countries
6 years of work

The first of 4 reports was released earlier this month, and scientists have concluded that human activity is largely to blame for rising temperatures.

Have you read what various of the scientific experts who were part of the rewieving board of the IPCC summary have to say about it? Which btw, only 30 scientists contributed to the summary which is what came out.

Do you also know that these same scientists are saying that the IPCC policy is to change the scientific work of their report to reflect what is said in the summary the policymakers agreed with?

Is that the reason why there are people who want to believe mankind is at fault for Climate Change? Because the policymakers are telling them to believe so?...

Then perhaps it is true and these people are

Originally posted by Regenmacher .......deadbeats, nihilists and losers who prefer sticking their head up their asses....
and that

Originally posted by Regenmacher Blind faith need not apply and those foolish enough to not take any precautionary measures and solely rely on technology to save them are also dumb asses.

Mankind has no power over the natural cycles of nature, and if we don't prepare for the changes that are coming, like they have for 4.5 billion years, instead of spending billions of dollars trying to stop nature and the universe from following their natural cycle, then when the changes happen

Originally posted by Regenmacher... climate change brings on economic collapse and panic, heads will be rolling and it won't be voluntary then.

Some might even claim that people like Edison, Einstein and Tesla will be the pioneers that will "stop Climate Change"...meanwhile the parasitic idiots believe this, they forget that Edison "stole patents from those who worked for him such as Tesla, and people like Edison took the credit meanwhile people like Tesla died in poverty ". Einstein brought us the atomic weapon, a great example of "stopping Climate Change", and Tesla brought us Haarp and the supposed "death ray".

But I guess the illiterate ignorants think those three are the examples that mankind must follow, and people like the three I just mentioned will change the course of the world for the better...

Meanwhile the parasites that would claim they can control Climate Change, and would rather spent billions of dollars in their blind faith that the power of mankind is greater than the forces which control the Universe, or even nature, they continue presenting their evidence that mankind is at fault for Climate Change...

and meanwhile they keep looking for more evidence that mankind is at fault for Climate Change...

Nature at the end, and as always, will show them who is boss...

But like always, among the survivors of these changes which have happened for 4.5 billion years, some will claim they have more power than nature...

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Muaddib]

mod edit, remove off topic image

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join