It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. court upholds same-sex teaching to children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
...I believe in God. I do believe the Bible has merit as well. I still not agree with teaching children about Religion. The concepts that you teach children in religion should be left till they are adults and they are able to make their own mind up - they should not be forced to go to Church, they should not be forced to worship - I am sorry but Jesus Converted the Disciples when many of them were adults. So why can't the same happen to your children?

If Christianity is the right way - the real way - it would not need to be taught to children before they themselves can fully understand it. To me, all the forcing it upon them shows how poor the religion must be.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Like SmallMinds pointed out, and I pointed out earlier in the thread, this is not about sex. This isn't sex ed. This is a story about a prince who falls in love and lives happily ever after. If people have a problem with that, then throw all of your Disney movies out the window.

Also, what happens when a kid who starts to gain "homosexual attributes" at school? Would you rather have your kid be the one who beats him up because he's "a gay"? If children learn about this lifestyle existing then they will be less likely to ostracize homosexuals. They have every right to disagree with it, but they need to know that it exists for the safety of that 10% of the population. Just as you would teach children that black people are equal members of society, you need to teach children that homosexuals are just as equal.

Ignoring them won't make them go away.

BTW, this same prejudice is what made interracial couples have to hide from society for so long.

And, if you actually read the segments of the bible where it condemns homosexuality, it is a greater sin to wear clothes made of more than one fiber. So, all of you waring anything that's not 100% is more of a heathen in God's eyes than a homosexual.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I was wonder where you went. You just disappeared and stopped talking.

Well I was sleeping, night you know.

Well you should face that there are people with moral values, not everyone jumps into bed with someone else just cause they are dating. I know I didn't. I had more than my share of dates. They were fun and exciting but thats what they were. Just dates, not lets see who can get their clothes off the fastest. I had several friends whom waited till marriage as well. I'm sure I won't be the last either. Again though this is not the subject at hand. Today's values has not changed. People has always and always will be the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Sex and of all types goes back to the beginning of time. Its just a matter of respect for one self of how you act upon it.

It good to have moral values, like you I don't sleep with everyone and I think that those who do those one-nights are weird, but it's their life.

To me the Bible is real. Not fiction!

Well to me and hell lot of people it's fiction, you won't convince me that the bible is real, I don't care and I don't need a religion to live, be happy and have moral values.

However, this is about weather its right or wrong to talk to our babies age 7, 8, and 9 years old about sex. I say no. We should not they are not ready. Let a child be a child. They grow up to fast as it is. I'm homeschooling because I travel alot and they go with me. Its not too cram something down their throat. My kids are very well rounded and good thinkers. They are not blind to the world and they know right from wrong. I think schools should teach book learning and let the parents teach about personal life.

If they ask you, you need to teach them. About everything, including homosexuals. It's NOT a choice. Homosexuals always existed, it's not new, there was during Jesus's time, if he existed for real of course. If you don't teach your childs about everything then you're teaching ignorance and what comes out of ignorance? Hatred and extremism.

First off, you should try to refrain from calling other peoples beliefs BS.

Not people beliefs, people who indoctrinate their childrens when they are too young to make a REAL choice for themselves.

If you want to talk about indoctrination, look at how our government has indoctrinated people like you into thinking that there is no God and the Bible is false and you can do anything you like and feel ‘OK’ with that because moral values are false, too.

I agree, school are training camp by the government. I wasn't indoctrinated to think that there's no god, I just don't need a god to live, I don't feel it. And I continue to believe that the Bible is pure fiction. It's a book of legends with a heroe and a god who die for humanity. It's like making a religion out of Star Wars.

Everyone talks about how Christians don’t have any tolerance for other peoples beliefs, but it seems to me that Christianity and moral values in general are what is not being tolerated.

Well atheists are for progress of science, christians are usually not. (stem-cell) And abortions in certains cases (rape, too young) are an abobination to most christians.

Obviously homosexuality has gotten it’s tolerance since we’re going to start teaching every ones children how to be one.

Teaching them that it's NOT a choice and that they are normal person isn't teaching them to become one, you're spinning the truth here.

This kind of indoctrination in our public schools is generally why people homeschool their children, because the schools are overstepping their bounds with education.

And people who homeschool their children are mostly indoctrinating them in religion extremism.

What about you homeschool them but you don't teach them religion? If it's so great, they will be awake by God himself.

EDIT: Some people are not gay nor hetero, they just love the person and don't care about what sex they are. THIS is how everybody should think.

And some people that have been indoctrinated become affraid to come out, are suicidals, are angry. But other people are helped by religion. That's why you MUST not impose it. And imposing something is FASCISM.

But we all know that all of you are so brainwashed in your rapture thing and the second coming of Jesus that you don't care about fighting against evil or that you worship Bush, because you say he have been chosen by God.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37
my son has Algebra 2, advanced grammar, world literature economics and Latin on top of several other classes and five book reports this year as a home school student in 10th grade. Probably wouldn't happen in a public school and I don't have to worry about our belief system being undermined by political public agendas.

Wow, algebra 2 in 10th grade. I'm impressed. BTW, in 10th grade a student should be at trig level. Do you know enough about trig and calculus to ready him for college? I doubt it.

Your problem is that you have to fight mainly to justify your own choices in your mind. Your arguing to convince yourself that you are OK with the bad choices you've made in your own life. I personally don't want my children to have to go through that, myself.

No, my problem is with people like you who keep putting people like me down because we are different. By choices, I'm assumming that you feel being gay is a choice. Did you choose to be hetero? Funny how everything you say means that I'm a bad person for loving someone the same sex as me. Christian values my ass. Christians are the most hateful people I've ever met. Good luck raising your kids to hate. Just remember that when they try and gay bash me, I'll be waiting with my pistol. So, don't blame me when you yourself are the one who perpetuated that hate.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
However, this is about weather its right or wrong to talk to our babies age 7, 8, and 9 years old about sex. I say no. We should not they are not ready. Let a child be a child. They grow up to fast as it is. I'm homeschooling because I travel alot and they go with me. Its not too cram something down their throat. My kids are very well rounded and good thinkers. They are not blind to the world and they know right from wrong. I think schools should teach book learning and let the parents teach about personal life.

So, to make you people happy, we need to get rid of all the fairytales with heteros in it also. Because, according to you people, we are teaching them sex.

Funny how when it's 2 guys, it's about sex, but when it's a guy and a girl, it's all about the fairytale. How hypocritical.....err I mean christian of you.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Everyone talks about how Christians don’t have any tolerance for other peoples beliefs, but it seems to me that Christianity and moral values in general are what is not being tolerated.

When you can show me that kids in school are being told "don't be a Christian" or the like maybe I'll believe you. Until then, perhaps you should consider that there's a huge difference between "persecution" and "not being allowed to force your views on everyone else anymore".

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
When you can show me that kids in school are being told "don't be a Christian" or the like maybe I'll believe you. Until then, perhaps you should consider that there's a huge difference between "persecution" and "not being allowed to force your views on everyone else anymore".

Or when kids in school (or adults) start getting beat up for being christian, I'll listen to your whoes. Or get fired, or can't marry the person they love (even though murders and rapists etc. can), or can't serve in the military (even though ex-convicts can). Poor little christians, they have to endure so much.

Like xmotex said, the only "intolerance" to christianity is that people are sick of being indoctrinated by them. Get "christian bashed" on Christmas eve sometime and let me know how you feel about intolerance.

Edit to add: Let's go to Fred Phelps' church and picket and chant "God hates Christians". Then, maybe you christians will know what it is like to be intollerated against.

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Again, not everyone is Christian. If Christians don't want their children knowing that gay people exist, and that they are normal people (meaning don't have two heads, and don't have a tail) then don't send them to public schools. Better yet, don't let them out in public.

The mayor of my city is gay. He's not flamboyant, he's just gay. He's a very good mayor, and does a lot for the underprivileged in the city. Would you prefer that he be covered with a big blue dot when he's on TV, just in case your children are watching?

Gay people exist. denying that they do won't make them go away.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

So, to make you people happy, we need to get rid of all the fairytales with heteros in it also. Because, according to you people, we are teaching them sex.

Funny how when it's 2 guys, it's about sex, but when it's a guy and a girl, it's all about the fairytale. How hypocritical.....err I mean christian of you.

Do you know me? Do you know my life? What makes you think I read a bunch of garbage or fairy tells to my kids? Your so judgemental and full of lies.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Do you know me? Do you know my life? What makes you think I read a bunch of garbage or fairy tells to my kids? Your so judgemental and full of lies.

Can you please give me an example of how this will do children harm? I'd like a study with proven facts from a rather well credit source.

Sorry, but I can open a history book. I can see when childrne (12 year olds) were married and having children. When teenagers were being sent to war and it did society no real harm. We are still here are we not?

Furthermore, why do children have to be taught Christianity or any religion? If it was good enough for Jesus to convert people why can't you wait till they are old enough to make an educated decision on their faith?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What does religion have to do with this really?

Because your religion is against a certain subject, does that mean the subject doesn't exist?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I don't care and I don't need a religion to live, be happy and have moral values.

Fine, but then my question is where are you getting your moral values from? They have to come from somewhere. Usually the two main places to get values from are religion or society. Society's standards and morals change. Now society has felt fit to teach them in schools, but they teach their own version of humanistic values and moral realitism. It is getting to the point where absolute moral values are not only frowned upon, but starting to be hated if they go against what society deems acceptable.

Now that society is considering sex outside of marriage as acceptable and homosexulaity as acceptable, now the rest of us who still hold the belief that it is not acceptable are looked upon as right wing nut cases that need to be thrown in a mental hospital. All just because we have different morals. Society can not bare the fact that there are those who have set moral standards, so they attack with everything they got. My question is when is this war of ethics going end? How is it going to end?

Are you willing as a part of society willing to downgrade everyone who doesn't adhear to it's standards? If it got to the point where the government said notify us of everyone who is a homophobe or has "dangerous" set values about sex. Are you so full of hate that you would actually make any calls against others?

If they ask you, you need to teach them. About everything, including homosexuals. It's NOT a choice. Homosexuals always existed, it's not new, there was during Jesus's time, if he existed for real of course. If you don't teach your childs about everything then you're teaching ignorance and what comes out of ignorance? Hatred and extremism.

Oh, teach a young child of 7 or 9 about everything, even the detailed mechnaics of sex? How to satisfy a partner? How to perform oral sex? I'm sorry, but at such a young age I would only answer the question given in the most tactiful way possible with out going into any mechanics. No, they don't need to know about homosexuals.

Homosexuality is a choice. But by your arguement that it has been around for forever, then I assume that you think it is alright to be a pedifile? That has been around for forever even before Jesus was born. Yet most think it deranged. Let's see, rape has been around for forever, so is that ok also? What about prostitution? That is the oldest profession in the world. By your definition everything that has been around from the dawn of age is not a choice and is ok. I'm sorry, but that is not only ill-logical, but also an extremely dangerous way of thinking. Just tell an abused wife that it is ok for him to abuse her, because it isn't a choice because it has been around forever. It is just human nature.

They say ignorance is bliss. I will restate, that a child does not need to know "everything". I sure hope you don't teach them about beastality and BSDM. That technically would be included in "everything". Personally, I would have been happier to be igornant about those issues myself. Not every thing needs to be taught.

Not people beliefs, people who indoctrinate their childrens when they are too young to make a REAL choice for themselves.

Yet, you are willing to indoctrinate homosexual beliefs into children when they are too young to make a REAL choice for themselves. Yep, just confuse them more at a tender young age, so they can even be more messed up as adults.

I agree, school are training camp by the government..

Wow, we agree on one point.

Well atheists are for progress of science, christians are usually not. (stem-cell) And abortions in certains cases (rape, too young) are an abobination to most christians.

Christians are all for science. Actually, science has proven the Bible again and again. That is a totally different discussion. Abortion is just plain wrong, because you are killing a child. With Christian and the arguement of rape, love they enemy. Stem-cell, a fetus whom is still a human being needs to be killed. Also, scientists are really starting to play God. No matter how you look at it, it is just wrong. Just because they can, doesn't mean they should.

Teaching them that it's NOT a choice and that they are normal person isn't teaching them to become one, you're spinning the truth here.

Yet, it is a choice. By teaching them at a young age, guess what, you are teaching them how to become one. Personally, when I do teach about it when they are old enough, I will be equating it along the lines of sex outside of marriage and adultry. You don't see a bunch of so called Chrisitans going around trying to find out who who did what and persecuting them for having sex outside of marriage or committing adultry. Christians should treat homosexuals like they treat those who commit other immoral sexual acts. That does not include the mob mentality of beating them up. That is just plain wrong also.

What about you homeschool them but you don't teach them religion? And people who homeschool their children are mostly indoctrinating them in religion extremism.

How little you know about homeschool. There are just as many who homeschool who are atheists or do not have a religion. Homeschool is not about religious indocternation. I could indocternate my kids as soon as they come home from public school. There are many more factors involved than indocternation of homosexuality. Other factors are that the schools are not teaching our kids properly to read, write, and do math. There are too many kids falling through the cracks. Many of those who graduate still can't read above a sixth grade level. Now more than ever, more and more public school kids need remedial courses in college. It didn't use to be that way.

Schools basically quit teaching phonics, algerothims, and scrapped much of what worked for new, fangled, experimental, programs that have proven not to work. Yet they still continue to use them. Not to mention the abhorant Outcome based education program that they keep renaming to fool parents. The goal of OBE is to dumb down the kids. Not to mention all the violence that has been happening more and more regurarly in schools. Therefore I choose to homeschool.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

To me the Bible is real. Not fiction!

Well to me and hell lot of people it's fiction, you won't convince me that the bible is real, I don't care and I don't need a religion to live, be happy and have moral values.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Vitchilo]

No at certain ages you don't tell them. Their just too young. Do you have Kids? One time when my boy was 3 he walked in on me in the bathroom, He then preceded with the question, "Mommy, how come girls sit down to pee and boys stand up?"

Do you think I was going to tell my 3 years old about the difference between a man and a woman? NO! I just said, "Because girls are lazy and boys are not." Funny answer that satisfied him and he ran and told his dad how girls are lazy. Then went on to play. See You don't just tell them at 3 years of age. Thats what were talking about here. AGES. Some ages are just to small.

As far as the Bible goes. Your bringing a whole new discussion into this thread. Its not for this thread. But once again for it to be false there sure is alot of evidence of how today were living it. Especially, since you can see the chips coming about.

Once again your acting like you know me when you don't. I said my kids are well rounded they know about gays. given the fact one is almost 16 yrs. old. However, I didn't tell him about gays or any type of sex at the age of 7, 8 or 9. Thats what were talking about here the age level.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
Sorry, but homosexual lifestyle is not normal.

By "normal" are you referring to "natural"?

It is also a sin just like adultry and sex before marriage is a sin.

Divorce is considered "adultery," but how many Christians, in a nation where the divorce rate is 51% from all marriages, do you see demonstrating against that? In Christianity, all sin holds equal weight, meaning lying to your children that Santa Clause exists is just as bad as teaching them homosexuality in the Christian faith.

I'm sure many will argue, "Oh but Santa clause was a real person and once existed." Well guess what, homosexuality is real too and it exists just as well.

This school is teaching children that homosexuals do exist, and that's all. They do not teach sodomy, which is what the town of Sodom was punished for.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

One time when my boy was 3 he walked in on me in the bathroom, He then preceded with the question, "Mommy, how come girls sit down to pee and boys stand up?"

Do you think I was going to tell my 3 years old about the difference between a man and a woman? NO! I just said, "Because girls are lazy and boys are not." Funny answer that satisfied him and he ran and told his day how girls are lazy. Then went on to play. See You don't just tell them at 3 years of age. Thats what were talking about here. AGES. Some ages are just to small.

It really pisses me off when parents LIE to their children. Now your 3 year old is telling people the same lie you told him. Good job there. That goes for Santa Clause too. If I ever have a kid, it would know the meaning of christmas without being lied to.

You couldn't just say "men and women are different" and leave it at that? My parents used to make up stuff when they didn't know the answer and to this day pisses me off when I think about it. STOP LYING TO YOUR KIDS!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

BTW, in 10th grade a student should be at trig level.

I would really like to know what highschool you attended.
Jeesh, most of the 10th graders I knew way back when when I was in highschool were lucky if they were taking Algerbria. Trig was for the advanced students in the senior year.

Now the schools bent on dumbing down our kids, they are probablly lucky to get to Algerbria I let alone Geometery.

Christians are the most hateful people I've ever met. Good luck raising your kids to hate. Just remember that when they try and gay bash me, I'll be waiting with my pistol.

Now who is hating whom here. Nowhere in these posts have I read about a Christian threating to kill someone just because someone is a homosexual. Now here you are calling Christians haters, and yet you are willing to put a bullet through us just because of what we believe?

You are the one who perpuating hatered to the extreme against Christians. I have talked about loving your enemy. In your terms, tolerance. I think you need to start practicing some before you get thrown into jail.

I sure hope you don't have any children that you can feed your hatered of Christians to.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You miss the point. It is not about sex, but about morals and values. Yes, there are Christians who have thrown their disney movies out the door.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

I would really like to know what highschool you attended.
Jeesh, most of the 10th graders I knew way back when when I was in highschool were lucky if they were taking Algerbria. Trig was for the advanced students in the senior year.

Laugh all you want. You even said it yourself. The advanced students. These home schooled kids are not advanced because they don't have the chance to be. BTW, here's what I took. 7 & 8th grade Algebra..... 9th grade Geometry....10th grade trigonometry...11th grade beginning calculus....12th grade moderate calculus. I feel sorry for your homeschooled kids who will be left behind in a dust cloud once faced with the real world of university.

Now who is hating whom here. Nowhere in these posts have I read about a Christian threating to kill someone just because someone is a homosexual. Now here you are calling Christians haters, and yet you are willing to put a bullet through us just because of what we believe?

Obviously you didn't read....were you homeschooled yourself? I said when your child comes to bash me.

You are the one who perpuating hatered to the extreme against Christians. I have talked about loving your enemy. In your terms, tolerance. I think you need to start practicing some before you get thrown into jail.

I'm not christian so I don't have to love my enemy. My enemy could fall in the deepest hole in the earth as far as I'm concerned.

I sure hope you don't have any children that you can feed your hatered of Christians to.

I like TRUE christians so you're unfounded in your comments.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

One time when my boy was 3 he walked in on me in the bathroom, He then preceded with the question, "Mommy, how come girls sit down to pee and boys stand up?"

Do you think I was going to tell my 3 years old about the difference between a man and a woman? NO! I just said, "Because girls are lazy and boys are not." Funny answer that satisfied him and he ran and told his day how girls are lazy. Then went on to play. See You don't just tell them at 3 years of age. Thats what were talking about here. AGES. Some ages are just to small.

It really pisses me off when parents LIE to their children. Now your 3 year old is telling people the same lie you told him. Good job there. That goes for Santa Clause too. If I ever have a kid, it would know the meaning of christmas without being lied to.

You couldn't just say "men and women are different" and leave it at that? My parents used to make up stuff when they didn't know the answer and to this day pisses me off when I think about it. STOP LYING TO YOUR KIDS!!!!!!

My kids never believed in Santa Claus. Nor the easter bunny. I have my reasons. Have you notice you keep throwing things up that has nothing to do with the subject at hand?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

My kids never believed in Santa Claus. Nor the easter bunny. I have my reasons.

Good. We agree on something.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join