It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Rehearses for a Domestic Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

White House Rehearses for a Domestic Attack

Source Link: www.msnbc.msn.com

The White House is staging a high-level exercise Saturday to test responses to the prospect of a massive domestic terrorist attack involving IEDs — the same deadly roadside bombs that have been used by insurgents against the U.S. military in Iraq.

As part of the exercise, the officials will be handed a thick binder which lays out a scenario involving simultaneous terror attacks by “sleeper cells” of 20 to 25 individuals each dispersed in five cities across the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
well at least they're practicing.... better than just sitting back and not being ready..

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
well at least they're practicing.... better than just sitting back and not being ready..

Practicing - or spreading Fear?

Or perhaps watching too much seasons of "24"?

MSNBC
“Sometimes I have a sense they’re watching too many reruns of ’24',” said Rep. Jim Moran, a Virginia Democrat who serves on the House Appropriations Defense Subcommittee. “They need to get a grip. We don’t have IEDs here. They’re creating a state of fear beyond what is helpful.”

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yea, good thing they're practicing, huh.

Hmm.... sounds kinda like when they were "practicing" for an event that "pretended" to have Boeing 747's fly into the World Trade Center towers.

It's only a matter of time before some catastrophic event happens. Then, hold onto your seats. All hell's going to come loose.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Werent they "Practicing" in London in the morning of those bombings too?

IF I were in the states I'd go to a remote country location on that day.....this could be a warning folks....

That and trying to sensationalise an"event" when it happens by saying....

"Wow, who would have thought a fictitous storyline like 24 would actually eventuate????"

C'mon, we are not all that stoopid

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You are Both correct:

There were "Exercises" on 9/11 and 7/11 for exactly same kind of terrorist attacks, which then later really happened. Now that is a weird coincidence. And I really do not belive in coincidences at all - so any news of certain "Anti-Terror-Exercises" always gets my attention.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

IF I were in the states I'd go to a remote country location on that day.....this could be a warning folks....

there is no big deal here. Military training exercises like these go on daily. Back in the 60s the USAF ran daily mock attacks in and around many cities picking a different city each day.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
there is no big deal here. Military training exercises like these go on daily. Back in the 60s the USAF ran daily mock attacks in and around many cities picking a different city each day.

So you do not find it weird, that there were at least Five or Six training exercises were in operation at NORAD leading up to and on the morning of 9/11? This meant that NORAD radar screens showed as many as 22 hijacked airliners at the same time. So it is a complete coincidence, that these two events collided? Or did the mighty Al-Qaeda have knowledge of what NORAD is doing at that time? Are you trying to say, that they inflitrated one of the most protected and secured Central Command Bunkers in the world?

And what about 7/11 blasts? Again a complete coincidence, that London Underground Bombing 'Exercises' Took Place at Same Time as Real Attack? But ofcourse - if you belive in Santa...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Practicing to stem a civil revolt perhaps, because pissed off people are growing by the day with Bush's antics that heed no public concerns. If the market tanks, it's apt to get violent.

I think the executive branch should practice resigning and evacuating to Paraguay on burros.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Practicing to stem a civil revolt perhaps, because pissed off people are growing by the day with Bush's antics that heed no public concerns. If the market tanks, it's apt to get violent.

I think it has more to do with that Rouge State, which is now so Mighty and Strong, that shall soon attack America on their own land.

I think the executive branch should practice resigning and evacuating to Paraguay on burros.

I think they have other plans for this year...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

So you do not find it weird, that there were at least Five or Six training exercises were in operation at NORAD leading up to and on the morning of 9/11? This meant that NORAD radar screens showed as many as 22 hijacked airliners at the same time. So it is a complete coincidence, that these two events collided?

No I do not find it wierd at all that seems about the norm as it was back in the 60s several cities were targeted at the same time and that was over 45 years ago.

Yes I do think it was a coincidence for the same reasons I already mentioned, back in the 60s it was very common to have many such exercises going on at the same time.

I can recall on several occasions where they actually added more aircraft when they knew that local governments were acting as expectected just to increase the implied threat for traing purposes.

[edit on 2/26/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Perhaps what the exercises are all about is when Bush goes into Iran and attack them . . . they want to make sure that is not going to be any riots and American people protesting at the white house.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Hmm.... sounds kinda like when they were "practicing" for an event that "pretended" to have Boeing 747's fly into the World Trade Center towers.

Talking of that....

Israel to hold nationwide nuclear attack drill

Now, let's see the date... it will be in march... and they have until a few weeks before Blair is kicked out in april to carry out the attack... so if the attack is gonna take place, it will be in march... This may be nothing... we'll see.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh Come on now you guys are blowing this all out of proportion just do a search of the Internet.

Terrorism drill builds bridges between international neighbors

Imagine that both Canada and the US practiced back in July and August

Seattle Terrorism Drill Under The Viaduct

OMG Even Private Companies do it

on Google alone you will find 1,130,000 hits for terrorist drill

From What I can gather many are government agencies although perhaps some milarty may have also been involved I am positive however for obvious reasons they make no mention of it there is no need too.

So what s the big deal when the white house practices???? The one good thing is they made people aware so there would be no panic yet some think it's a big deal when it is not.

Frank Navarrete, director of Arizona's homeland security office,
said it was too early to evaluate the drill's success.
"So far, it's an exercise," he said. "We're going to inject
some interesting things that the players don't know yet and we're
going to see how they react - and that's really the key."
Since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington,
many states have held terror drills, including Florida, South
Carolina, New Jersey, Louisiana and Maryland.

In Newark, N.J., on Saturday, a drill simulated what might
happen if there was an explosion in a cargo container Port Newark.
More than 600 federal, state and local emergency workers
participated.

Source

[edit on 2/26/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

No I do not find it wierd at all that seems about the norm as it was back in the 60s several cities were targeted at the same time and that was over 45 years ago.

Yes I do think it was a coincidence for the same reasons I already mentioned, back in the 60s it was very common to have many such exercises going on at the same time.

I can recall on several occasions where they actually added more aircraft when they knew that local governments were acting as expectected just to increase the implied threat for traing purposes.

So it is not strange or weird to you, that on the morning on 9/11 NORAD was actually doing anti-terror exercises, which involved hijacked airplanes, being used as missiles to crash into buildings all over America? Actually if I am specific, they were doing exercises at 8:30, of flying 5 hijacked airplanes into WTC and Pentagon. And to add to the confusion on that day, suddenly nobody at NORAD knew what the hell is going on, since they all thought it was a party of the exercise, when air traffic controllers from Boston called them and told them their planes got hijacked.

Same thing in London - same day, same locations?

Same-time-as-attack underground bombing exercise in London a chilling coincidence?

Basing their information on a BBC Radio 5 interview, Watson and Jones say a consulting agency with government and police connections was running an exercise for an unnamed company that revolved around the London Underground being bombed at the exact times and locations as happened in real life on the morning of July 7th.

"Power told the host that at the exact same time that the London bombings were taking place, his company was running a 1,000 person strong exercise which drilled the London Underground being bombed at the exact same locations, at the exact same times, as happened in real life.

WoW!

Such coincidence!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

No I do not find it weird at all that seems about the norm as it was back in the 60s several cities were targeted at the same time and that was over 45 years ago.

So it is not strange or weird to you, that on the morning on 9/11 NORAD was actually doing anti-terror exercises, which involved hijacked airplanes, being used as missiles to crash into buildings all over America?

I already answered that question see my quote above yours.

Actually if I am specific, they were doing exercises at 8:30, of flying 5 hijacked airplanes into WTC and Pentagon. And to add to the confusion on that day, suddenly nobody at NORAD knew what the hell is going on, since they all thought it was a party of the exercise, when air traffic controllers from Boston called them and told them their planes got hijacked.

It is very conceivable that was the case. Do you think they tell them just how many planes will be in their exercise? If they did that it would not be an exercise would it?

in your conspiracy world do you go around and give out the exact number of solders you will be sending to attack? The answer to that is of course no, you just go around and make up new numbers just so you can trick people into believing your false theory or information.

Same-time-as-attack underground bombing exercise in London a chilling coincidence?

Prison Planet???? Yeah right, give me a break, but thanks for the laugh.

[edit on 2/27/2007 by shots]

Ex

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
One Question........
They are practicing what they will do,
What will you do,
if the practice becomes a reality????

top topics

join