It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek: Is Tehran Targeting New York?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Newsweek: Is Tehran Targeting New York?

Source Link: www.msnbc.msn.com

Increasing tensions between Washington and Tehran have revived New York Police Department concerns that Iranian agents may already have targeted the city for terror attacks. Such attacks could be aimed at bridges and tunnels, Jewish organizations and Wall Street, NYPD briefers told security execs last fall, according to a person with access to the briefing materials who asked for anonymity because of the sensitive subject matter.

NYPD officials have worried about possible ....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Kind of perfect timing for a so-called "Anti-Terror" Exercise, you think not?

Before the big act, there is always a rehearsal?

Just like on 9/11 and 7/11.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow, the fear factor is in full swing again.

In November 2003, Ahmad Safari and Alireaza Safi, described as Iranian Mission "security" personnel, were detained by transit cops when they were seen videotaping subway tracks from Queens to Manhattan at 1:10 in the morning.

4 years ago?
After 911, you'd think we would of HELD THESE PEOPLE instaed of allowing them to leave NYC wouldnt you,

This reminds me of the days in march 2003, where the US admin placed patriot missiles around DC in fear Iraqi elements were about to launch an attack.

If this is the sort of propoganda coming out, i dont think what evers going to happen, is far off.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I really wish people would stop being so paranoid and such.

Iran is not going to attack New York.

As hard as it seems for certain people to understand, the President of
Iran has little to no power, he's almost basically a figurehead.

The real power rests in the hands of the Supreme leader and the Imams.

And theya are'nt quite as psychotic or war mongering as the current Iranian president.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Iran is not going to attack New York.

As hard as it seems for certain people to understand, the President of
Iran has little to no power, he's almost basically a figurehead.

I do not know about that. Just last year claims were made that Iran alleged to have recruited suicide bombers said to number in thousands who were alleged to be ready to die for Iran if need be.

And that was for both domestic and foreign based US interests

www.iranfocus.com...

Iran admits 'suicide column' program

'Martyrdom' movement recruits suicide attackers against U.S.

[edit on 2/26/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I do not know about that. Just last year claims were made that Iran alleged to have recruited suicide bombers said to number in thousands who were alleged to be ready to die for Iran if need be.

I guess you have not read your articles very good.

Even if I am going to quote WorldNutDaily right now, I am doing that just to proove a thing, which is that nobody is going to attack United States FIRST:

Iran has 40,000 human 'time bombs'

"We are not afraid of the American fleets or the British weapons in Iraq," he says. "We vow to become time bombs in the event of every aggression on our land."

In case of AGRESSION on their land.

Which is kind of not so far away as I can see.

As far as the sources you used are concerned - they are all just a bunch of propagandists for spreading hate towards Islam and anything Muslim.

[edit on 27/2/07 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If there's another explosion on American soil after these last few years of giving up our rights one by one to prevent that from happening, maybe one or two people who still support Bush's anti-terror strategies will realize that their fearless leader is an idiot.

I mean, this is like trying to prevent hornet attacks by grabbing the nest and giving it a good hard shake.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
4 years ago?
After 911, you'd think we would of HELD THESE PEOPLE instaed of allowing them to leave NYC wouldnt you,

they were expelled after being detained.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I guess you have not read your articles very good.

Oh I read them alright did you read them all? I am well aware that some stated if they were attacked but that is not the point. The point here is they are preparing to attack

As far as the sources you used are concerned - they are all just a bunch of propagandists for spreading hate towards Islam and anything Muslim.

:

Yeah right showing your hypocritical side once again huh? Its OK when you use them but not for others Oh how nice NOT!

[edit on 2/27/2007 by shots]

join