It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel seeks US green light for Iran attack -- report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Israel seeks US green light for Iran attack -- report

Source Link: newsinfo.inquirer.net

LONDON -- Israel is seeking permission from the United States to fly its jets over Iraq to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, The Daily Telegraph newspaper said Saturday, citing sources.

A senior Israeli defense official told the conservative British broadsheet in a dispatch from Tel Aviv that negotiations were taking place for the US-led coalition in Iraq to provide an "air corridor" over Iraq if the Jewish state decided on unilateral action.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well if anything is gonna happen with Iran I think this is the way it should be done. Since Iran and Isreal have such a profound problem with each other, they're the ones that need to duke it out. I think we (the US) need to stay out of it. we've got our hands full as it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
Well if anything is gonna happen with Iran I think this is the way it should be done. Since Iran and Isreal have such a profound problem with each other, they're the ones that need to duke it out. I think we (the US) need to stay out of it. we've got our hands full as it is.

i cant say i disagree...but we'd litterally be caught right in the middle of it. qutie literally. doesnt seem to be a very advantageous place IMO

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles

i cant say i disagree...but we'd litterally be caught right in the middle of it. qutie literally. doesnt seem to be a very advantageous place IMO

True but if it became a direct danger to our people over there we would take some kind of action besides, we could blow the hell outta both Iran and Isreal if it came right down to it. It is a bad spot to be in, but it would calm tensions between us and Iran if we just stayed out of it and let those two deal with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The US will of course deny the Israeli request. After all, we are the shining beacon of diplomacy...

It's just another dog and pony show for the masses. Israel can't fly over Iraq without crossing Syrian or Jordanian airspace first and risk being shot down by the Syrians or causing political strife for Jordan who are their only stable and friendly neighbors in the region. They either need to cross into Northern Iran through Turkey, or from the south over the Gulf of Oman. To come from the south they would need to refuel somewhere. Pity there's no friendly aircraft carriers around. ...oh wait.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles

True but if it became a direct danger to our people over there we would take some kind of action besides, we could blow the hell outta both Iran and Isreal if it came right down to it. It is a bad spot to be in, but it would calm tensions between us and Iran if we just stayed out of it and let those two deal with it.

Just for your information: The situation of the US-Soldiers isnt looking very advantageous over there. Im just telling you in case that you have been overdosed with biased propaganda. It is a lost fight.

Do you know why? Because "they" dont care about your lives. Our lives. No number of even millions of human lifes is worth a single dollar to them.

- They print the money. And have massive economical, social and political control over us already.

Hitler killed millions. And Stalin did too. For no other obvious reason than "their Agenda". You only have to look at who really profits from that kind of actions.

- And they are still killing us for more "profit" and dominance. Provocating cancer. And curing it at the cost of death. Same goes for AIDS and all the other crap going on.

They will try to breed a new enslaved race and fulfill their maniac dreams.

The reason for the USA to attack is not your safety, nor the safety of its soldiers. There is only one enemy. And it's the Puppetmasters.

The only reason for such actions or intentions, in this case.. is "Natural Ressources". Because Oil Barrels are commonly paid in Dollars.
The Goldreserves are gone. If it wasn't for the Dollar payment of Ressources, the Fiat-Currency of the US Dollar would suffer an even bigger, and non-controlled devaluation.

That's the reason why the US is being warned by the Russians not to even dare touching that Oil over there. Because they are actually the only ones who could "challenge" the Western Zombie-Culture.

And it is imperative not to believe in most, if not all, of those staged and dramatic intrigues and shows being told to the people.

Such as..

"Since Iran and Isreal have such a profound problem with each other, they're the ones that need to duke it out."

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Just for your information: The situation of the US-Soldiers isnt looking very advantageous over there. Im just telling you in case that you have been overdosed with biased propaganda.

I tend to not give into propaganda. As I've made clear in other threads I don't think we need to be in Iraq and the only way to "win" would be to let the people take the reins of their own country. We are still superior militarily to Iran and Isreal. Sorry if you misunderstood my sentiment.

The reason for the USA to attack is not your safety, nor the safety of its soldiers. There is only one enemy. And it's the Puppetmasters.

I agree and disagree at the same time. We know the Gov't doesn't care how many lives it throws away to further it's agenda. I agree wholeheartedly with the puppetmasters being the true enemy. But the USA would attack based on the simple fact that we have to maintain the status quo. If it became so painfully obvious to everyone (including sheeple) that they were being thrown away in the name of the almighty dollar, there would be a very large social upheaval.

And it is imperative not to believe in most, if not all, of those staged and dramatic intrigues and shows being told to the people.

Such as..

"Since Iran and Isreal have such a profound problem with each other, they're the ones that need to duke it out."

BTW that's not staged anything from me, that's my personal belief. We don't need to be meddling in the conflicts of other countries, we have enough problems here at home so basically I don't give a damn if Isreal and Iran wanna blow the hell outta each other. That is their problem and it doesn't bother me one bit as long as we stay out of it.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The United States doesn't have the authority to let anyone, including the yehudis, fly over soverign iraqi airspace.

Thats been the entire problem with a yehudi strike on Iran from the begining.

Just what sources are they getting this from? Is this paper known for making claims that end up beign true, or having good sources?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Do you think it's really necessary to question the source on something like this? I mean think about it. It's really pretty obvious after all that's happened that Israel most likely has run a unilateral Iran attack scenario over many many times at their military planning tables. But if they can get the US to agree to opening a corridor over Iraqi airspace, all the much easier.

Otherwise, they will be forced to try and take other routes, or confront directly the US airforce or even Navy if they try the submarine route. I don't understand people who think that Israel wouldn't dare do it on their own. When threatened with annihilation, there is no friend or foe powerful enough to override resolve to eliminate the threat.

With the deadline to stop enrichment from the UNSC having passed, and Iran clearly continuing to operate heavy water reactors despite the warnings, a green light has ALREADY been given to Israel in their minds. Now it's just a question of how and when. That is why to question the source at this point really is inconsequential.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i agree with true american.israel will not stand around while u.n. plays.they also dont have to cross iraq.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I still can't see how the USA would be able to give permission to Israel to fly over Iraqi sovereign territory without asking the Iraqi's who are supposedly supposed to be in charge of their own country. I wouldn't think it was Americas place to grant that access.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I agree with you ThePieMan, this will put US in the front burned and will show the truth of who is in charge of the supposedly democratically elected government of Iraq

Also Maliki will never allow Israel to go over the nation of Iraq been Maliki a Muslin and in charge of a muslin country that is also Shiite as the Iranian majority. . .

It makes no sense . . . and It actually sounds ridiculous.

It will make Maliki government show for what it is a poppet of the US governmetn and will make him look like an Israeli sympathizer.

Ridiculous . . . but by the way Cheney is acting lately and the desperation that is showing now with Bush having his own administration going against him I dare to . . . wonder.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here's a report from the area denying the original article's claims..

Israel Denies Seeking Air Corridor for Iran Attack

RAMALLAH, West Bank, 25 February 2007 — The Israeli Deputy Defense Minister Ephraim Sneh yesterday denied a British newspaper report that Israel was in negotiations with the United States to secure an “air corridor” over Iraq should an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities become necessary.

The report, published yesterday by the Daily Telegraph, cited a senior Israeli defense official as saying talks are currently under way between the two countries over the possibility of Israel deciding to take unilateral action to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

In reality if Israel had this in mind they wouldn't ask the US, they would just let the US know so their attack aircraft won't be mistaken on their flyover. Although I must admit when I was in the Gulf War I, I was shocked how the US kept Israel from getting involved when Saddam was sending the scuds to Israel. So I guess anything is possible..

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I agree let israel do the job. like they did to the iraq reactor in the 80's

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Still how in the world Israel is going to be able to target Iran without violating the air space over Iraq . . .

That will bring some international issues . . .and will render the Iraqi government as nothing more than a poppet.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Still how in the world Israel is going to be able to target Iran without violating the air space over Iraq . . .

That will bring some international issues . . .and will render the Iraqi government as nothing more than a poppet.

iraq for several years now, have been a puupet. With many ppl pulling strings.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well i say let em attack !! i'm sick of waiting for something to happen. after all they need an ass whipping , what's so hard about getting along if your not up to no good ? iran has be asking for an ass whipping and the usa should smack em down instead of waiting like 2 school yard kids yelling each other before a fight ! i say enough with talking and burn them down before they attack us !! and as far as rebuilding there cities this time roflmao no way !! burn em to the ground ..

It's not about dying for your country It's about making the other bastards die for there's !!!!!!!!!

They had one last chance months ago as far as i am concerned !!!

Sorry if this offends anyone but COME ON enough is enough already
support FREEDOM and basic human rights for everyone ..... let's not sit and wait for some knuckle heads to attack USA or anyone else.

so easy to see iran is up to no good and should be burned down ASAP !!!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How many words are there for stupid? Both johnny cashes post and the Israelis if they actually attack. what is wrong with these people? get them a lobotomy.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Grover if i had wanted a come back i'd wipe it off your Face or maybe your back !!!

Stupid ? Why cuz i don't want to sit around and wait for them to make bombs?

Rather simple as i see it , Do what your told if you mean peace if not and are given many chances and still refuse to listen .

must mean there up to no good and should be burned down ASAP before
the children of this world has to suffer anymore !!!!!!!!!!!

That's not stupid Thats just skipping ALL THE BS > and getting down to business... Don't like what i said ? then go live in IRAN where ya belong.

Plays the worlds smallest fiddle for grover

and since when is FREEDOM and basic human rights stupid ?

I notice you attack alot of poeple when you post . (looked at your recent posts)

Instead of attacking people who post i suggest trying to get along and stop slandering ATS members ( god god whats wrong with ya ) stick to the topics and stop bashing ATS folks.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by JohnnyCash]

[edit on 24-2-2007 by JohnnyCash]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Someone with the vision to actually do what needs to be done. I hope they do it weither we give them permission or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join