It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel seeks US green light for Iran attack -- report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
PieMaN, you seriously need to relax. Your gonna give yourself a heart attack. Besides, everyone already knows exactly what you are going to say before they even read your post.

Where do you see any type of excitement in that statement or question that I would be risking a heart attack. Im sitting here reading, eating my dinner and relaxing. Your spider senses are way off. In as far as my responses go and "everyone" knowing what I'm going to say before they read my post, well, is there a problem with something I said? Maybe you should be monitoring your own blood pressure there cav. I wasn't aware I was under surveilance. LOL

Anyway back to topic

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Maybe Iraq can't defend their airspace, but shouldn't it be USA's responsibility to do that for them? Seeing as they destroyed their military and are pretty much controlling the country for them.

And the aircraft carriers route, where Israeli planes refuel at US carriers. Wouldn't that make USA part of the attack? It would certainly look like they were anyway.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In a follow up report;

Israel denies report it is planning an Iran attack

News Source

"(They) are anxious to spread the idea that we are planning to attack Iran in order to absolve themselves of the need to do the things that have been requested of them," he added.

Neither Israel nor the United States has ruled out military force on Iran, although Washington says its priority is to reach a diplomatic solution.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Just can't make up my mind with these publicities. It could be a tactic, but from which side? And for what benefit?

I am also considering the fact that Iraq, even under US occupation still can be considered as Israel's foe.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
I am also considering the fact that Iraq, even under US occupation still can be considered as Israel's foe.

You know I'm glad you posted that article about Iran-Contra, even though for so many people this will go in one ear and out the other. The ME has been constantly complaining for decades now, that Israel has been the source of much discord and it was always fluffed off as racism or arab conspiracies. Its always been there for people to see but for some reason always just overlooked. Just as The USS Liberty attack was intended to bring about trouble between Egypt, the USA and Britain, just as they have done with our technology reselling it to China, working with Apartheid Africa and even supplying them with nuclear weapons, even reselling export-controlled items to Columbian drug cartels. This tiny country is extremly cunning. Just look at the Israeli-Kurdish relationship as an example.

There are plans behind all of this. This all just didn't happen out of coincidence. They claim arabs are always out to get them but deals such as the one you quoted clearly shows who is out to get who, and just look...Iraq was GOTTEN. Natanyahu,Perle,Wolfowitz weren't all out there pumping up the world for an Iraqi attack for nothing...they are doing it again this time its Iran. Guess whos next.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The American government and all those people who support them, think they are above international law. They think they have the right to go around forcing their corrupt will and corrupt democracy on others with their lies and propaganda and telling others what they can and cant do. Then they have the nerve and audacity to turn around and call themselves civilized and a beacon of light & hope for the rest of the world. :

There is no justification in attacking Iran, unless of course you believe the lies and propaganda of the Bush administration.

There's one law your not above and that is the law of karma. What goes around, comes around. I hope all you Americans are prepared for what's coming your way, if you dont change your attitude.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Israel has got to know, even if bush minor doesn't, that to attack Iran like this would be to release the whirlwind and would be a global disaster, even if no radiation were released.... a highly unlikely event considering we are talking about attacking nuclear facilities.

Iran is not Iraq, it is a strong and unified country. They would retaliate as would be their right given an unprovoked attack. Such an act by Israel or the United States, would surely provoke a world war. One the United States and Israel cannot hope to win. Because if Iran is attacked without provocation we will be standing alone. No one, not NATO, not the UN or Britain will stand with us.

Let me reiterate. Such an attack on Iranian nuclear facilities by either the United States or Israel will not... I repeat will not be a replay of Israel's attack on Iraqi nuclear facilities with no repercussions; Iran unlike Iraq will respond.

Also if there is any country these bozos should be worrying about it is Pakistan... it already has nuclear weapons... Musharref is not all that secure, after all the country has a long history of coups, and there is a great deal of support for the Taliban and Al Qeada in both the population in general, and more importantly in the military.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Israeli officials being sources telling the news organization that they are seeking permission from the U.S. to cross Iraq and into Iran to bomb? Doesn't that violate OPSEC? Especially when you want to achieve surprise. This smells.

OPSEC? I don't think that this will apply to Israel attacking Iran . . . since when rules are taking into consideration when it comes to what is going on in the middle east since US ivaded Iraq? and very well tagging Iran of axil of evil. . . the intentions of our administration and Israel toward Iran are very well known already.

Now it does sounds too fishy to let go, first as I said before it will bring some international issues and the sovereignty rights of Iraq and the legitimacy of their government . . .

Iraq Is a muslin country and they are fellow Shiite majority like Iran.

Our nation under the representation of the Bush administration giving permission to a very well hated Nation by the Arabs like Israel. . .the rights to fly over the nation of Iraq that is also Arab to attack another Arab nation is pretty much daring. . .and actually interesting if this is allowed after all.

What the outcome will be? Putting the nation of Iraq in danger to favor Israel . . . I cannot wait to see if this becomes reality to see the outcome. . .

Johnny Cash. . .

The middle east belong to the Arabs, not to the Israelis or the US bush administration, is definitely repercussions of such a daring attack you like it or not.

You seem to believe that the world is under the command of the Bush government. . .

Interesting.. . . I am seen the results of the media and government propaganda at works here?

Interesting . . . people losing the ability to use their god given brains to analyze situations . . .

Think my friend and understand that Iran is not and will never be Iraq for very various strategic and political reasons. . .

Think my friend Iraq is a mess in which no even our own Administration has been able to control after 3 years of occupation . . . a confrontation with Iran is actually out of the question unless we have not seen the magnitute of the desperation to control the region for . . . oil.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
The American government and all those people who support them, think they are above international law. They think they have the right to go around forcing their corrupt will and corrupt democracy on others with their lies and propaganda and telling others what they can and cant do. Then they have the nerve and audacity to turn around and call themselves civilized and a beacon of light & hope for the rest of the world. :

There is no justification in attacking Iran, unless of course you believe the lies and propaganda of the Bush administration.

There's one law your not above and that is the law of karma. What goes around, comes around. I hope all you Americans are prepared for what's coming your way, if you dont change your attitude.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by kindred]

So, having said that Kindred do tell what the Middle East has done to still be in the dark ages for the last say... well forever? If we are to be punished for some perceived injustice then what have the moolies done to deserve the situation (Karma) they see themselves in?

I say it's their barbaric way of life that does them in. They are now trying to export that to the UK and elsewhere. Those idiots are pretty bold with their demands in western nations. THey need to be kicked out of these countries when they start telling us we need to adopt their barbaric ways.

We need to be in the Middle East for a very long time to change the way of thinking there. If we bail without changing domestic policies before too long we will see them at our door step with their secret police, whips and guillotines for visiting ATS.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Perplexed]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed

We need to be in the Middle East for a very long time to change the way of thinking there. If we bail without changing domestic policies before too long we will see them at our door step with their secret police, whips and guillotines for visiting ATS.

I am speechless after reading this post . . . Indeed is so many confuse people in these boards about the truth intentions against the middle east and the role of the Bush adminsitration in that region . . .

Pity . . .

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just to throw this in the mix. Israel has been working on mid air refueling UAV tankers for a scenario where they are not allowed to fly over Jordan or Iraq to strike at IRAN.

www.usatoday.com...

Im guessing that even if the UAV's dont work out they could talk the US into mid air refueling their jets in "secret" then saying that it was the UAV's that did the refueling for political reasons.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Heckman]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Perplexed

I am speechless after reading this post . . . Indeed is so many confuse people in these boards about the truth intentions against the middle east and the role of the Bush adminsitration in that region . . .

Pity . . .

Some here say I attack those I disagree with Marg. In all actuality what I am attacking is the ignorance of posts from people like perplexed. he obviously knows as much about the mid-east as he does the environment, which is little if anything at all. but that does not stop him from spewing his ignorance all over the place. As far as i am concerned such ignorance in action makes him fair game.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow everyone has some really good ideas on whats going on with great facts and links....

< Still really hard to see what the truth is when it's so hard to trust the media and our goverments true intentions.... I really want peace but afraid if we pull out or don't go ahead with attacking ...

< What will happen later on down the road ? is it just about the oil ? or should someone who ever (usa) be able to teach them to stop killing and teach them basic human rights for everyone.

< Because if it's one thing i know before anyone even got involved they where still killing each other and doing god awful stuff to each other way before (usa) got involved..

< Shouldn't someone get involved and put a stop to that ? or should the world just turn there back on those with good hearts and souls.

< Do we really wanna sit back and wait and see what a bunch of mad men are going to do with the atom bomb (they'll make one) or shouldn't we / they sit down and not only talk about the rules of a safe world for everyone.

< They should want peace and stop playing games.

< If we pull out now for what ever reason is that really the right thing to say or have the world think about usa, they might (if havn't already) taken our kindness for weakness and maybe attack us at a later time if we just sit back.

< If anything can we atleast agree that there NUTZ and going to do some very harmful things to the world ? After all they kill each other over some of the stupidest stuff way before anyone got involved.

< When is the right time to help them stop killing each other ? and teach them right from wrong....

[edit on 25-2-2007 by JohnnyCash]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
True. Perplexed has chosen the perfect nick to post on this forum.

Because you are not only perplexed, you are also very confused my friend.

The barbaric lifestyle is here right within us in the western world.
Even though the Eastern world is kind of living in caves, or farms.. (certainly not all of em).. their lifestyle could never be as barbaric as the stuff going on in the western world.

Even if you look at extreme and probably rare examples; Even if they cut off Heads and stick those on poles. Even then, i dare to say, that we are MORE barbaric and violent..

Because the government is crippling our minds. It takes out subjects and destroy their personalities through incredible pain, humiliation and suffering. To experiment and use those subjects for their own purpose.

So what is more barbaric my friend; Evidently doing physical harm which everyone can see. Or staying behind in the hidden, and abusing children.. inflicting massive amounts of pain? And even daring to be such hypocrites?

The # is coming down the hill. And those who are awake, can smell it.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's time to let Israel of the leash and say "go get them doggy".
But I believe we will be idiots if we do it ourselves, yet we'll be reasonable-wise if we meet Israel's costs with the normal policy of military aid.

Doing it ourselves gives Iran a very, very legitimate reason to lash out at us ether directly (or more strongly still) through indirect means like terrorism. This legitamacy will not just extend to the eyes of the Arab world (if not much of the whole world), but it will also extend politically within our boarders, creating yet more dissatisfaction with America's two party state (DemoRep). Whilst this can be a good thing, it will risks being
more of a bad thing if it causes the public to ellect a weak leader as their president, or even Congress as their government.

This may happen anyway because of the costs linked to our stupidity in turning against both Saddam and his Ba'th party. But there is really no point in adding more fuel to the fire, espically if that will only increase the mobility-chances of politically weak (leftist) presidential candiate or government.

Foolish Israelis are bound to miss the idea of not having America to do their trousers up for them (in respect to military action against Iran). But America doing this, followed by Iran’s inevitable retaliation (in whatever form it takes) will encourage a political situation where America does very little indeed. Add to that the more ferocious Iran’s response will be, the greater the effects on worldwide western economies, and standards of living.
So it doesn’t matter if you love Israel or not; the fact is (because of these reasons) it is in Israel’s interests to deliver military strikes itself.

Israel doesn’t have a lot to worry about; as not only does it have our guaranteed support (in the current administration that is) but if (somehow) in spite of this an over reactive Iran was to make the going get really tough for Israel, then Israel would not only be a country with nuclear bombs, but also every reason to demonstrate them with nuclear tests (in order to sue for a suitable peace) or indeed actually use them.

If indirectly backing Israel’s strikes with military aid causes Iran to lash out and attack us then sarcasm says “well done” because they've just got themselves a war. Only in this case the Western public will support the administration because it is us under attack, and not us on the attack.
We might have problems in Iraq but they can be solved by a Ba’thist government, even if they’re not solved, we can justifiably use any level of force we like to defend ourselves, something which is less easy to do on moral-public opinion grounds, when you’re literally on the offensive.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Perplexed wrote:

So, having said that Kindred do tell what the Middle East has done to still be in the dark ages for the last say... well forever? If we are to be punished for some perceived injustice then what have the moolies done to deserve the situation (Karma) they see themselves in?

Whose living in the dark ages. The Iranians certainly dont see it that way and neither do most other people outside of America. You have obviously been listening to the bull**** spread by CNN, Fox News & your own corrupt government. I suggest you checkout the pictures below and then you will see for yourself that Iranians are definitely not living in the dark ages. They are a developing nation just like any other and maybe if countries like yours stopped interfering, they will eventually develop into a prosperous true democracy, which is something we in the west can only dream of.

How the Iranians choose to live is there prerogative and it's nobody's business but there's, unless of course they are a threat to their neighbours and currently they are not.

www.dejkam.com...
bamjam.net...
www.iranpix.com...
www.worldisround.com...
www.worldisround.com...

What a beautiful country and all you Bush supporters can think about is bombing Iran back to the stone age for their oil and you call yourselves civilized.

Like i said before, you have absolutely no right to force your will on another human being or country. Anyone who does so is on the side of evil. If you cant see that by now, then you have truly lost your way.

All the problems we face in the UK are down to the incompetence of our own self deluded corrupt government. I have never come across a bunch of self serving twats like Tony Blair & New Labour in my entire life and I never thought that the day would come whereby I would vote for the Tories. But that day has come.
Roll on the next elections.
Not that it makes that much difference because there all elitist muppets.
It's safe to say that Tony Blair is well overdue for a padded cell and strait jacket. Well thats my rant over with. Back to the lets pretend we live in a Democracy.....

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
With the 2008 elections not too far off, and the democrats about to toss the first female president in office, letting Israel into Iran to spark a conflict with Iran on one side and US/Israel on the other could be an interesting idea to turn the tables and complicate it all.
Sounds like Israel and the US are just completely targeting Iran and making them the new prime enemy. Israel probably thinks those nukes it has hiding someplace will win the war...
Well, ultimately, we're obviously on our way to war with Iran sometime in the near future, with possibly a nuclear result.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't understand the logic of some of the people here. This is not to be bashful but do people really believe bombing Iran now will somehow save more lives in the long wrong and "spread democracy and freedom"? Do we really need to give the rest of the world more reason to hate us? I say us because it's no longer necessarily just the government dispised. Not for everyone at least.

The idea is bomb Iran before they have the capacity to bomb us. Hm. Let's think about this. Should we assume China and Russia will stand idly by and watch us rape the Middle East? I guess this excuse that they may have the capacity to make bombs and at this time they're seen as a part of 'The Axis of Evil 2007' we can go raid them. I say next we go after Canada. They're becoming an eye sore in North America.

And the idea of spreading ones beliefs and government system is nothing new. In the 30's and 40's Germany did the same thing. Then it was communism... Now it's this version of a representative democracy...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Who will really benefit to such an attack in Iran? Also, if Israel attacks first, will that make U.S. automatically involved in the war? Or is it the other way around?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
if Israel attacks first, will that make U.S. automatically involved in the war? Or is it the other way around?

The Bush administration will use the attack as an excuse to aid Israel and finish what they have started in the middle east with Afghanistan, Iraq and next Iran so far the only reason that is keeping the present administration from consolidating the region is the mess that Iraq has become and the problems now with the Democratic congress . . .

But mark my words . . . Israel attacks, Bush will back them up. . .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join