It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rats Take Over NYC Taco Bell/KFC Restaurant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Rats Take Over NYC Taco Bell/KFC Restaurant

Source Link: news.scotsman.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - First they served up lettuce tainted with E.coli. Now they're plagued by fat and happy New York City-sized rats.

Yum Brands, the company that owns KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, made unwanted news again on Friday as local television stations ran wall-to-wall coverage of apparently well-fed rats running wild, and appearing at home, in a New York City KFC/Taco Bell joint.

The latest food safety nightmare for the Taco Bell brand pushed Yum's stock down 1 percent ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Video:
FOX News

[edit on 2/23/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I saw the video of this, and these are really, really, really big rats!

I don't think I'll ever go to a Yum Brands restaurant in the city again. Yuck!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think I'll ever go to a Yum Brands restaurant in the city again. Yuck!

Me either, I nevver did care for Taco Bell anyhow.

Where did you catch the video? I would like to see it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Where did you catch the video? I would like to see it.

I saw it on TV, but I put a link in the original post. It should work.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I saw it on TV, but I put a link in the original post. It should work.

Thank you well worth it and the reporter was right they do look as big as rabbits although not Wisconsin Rabbits, ours are small thank heavens

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Is not new, NY and other old cities that has been built upon older foundations through the years are going to have problems with rats.

When I saw the video I just started laughing . . . In never saw so many rats looking so comfortable in that place like they were on a night out . . .

Here in GA we got a local McDonald completely leveled over night . . . to find out by people around that it was due to the infestation of rats and roaches.

Onces the vermis get hold of the foundations and under ground is hard to get rid of them specially if the floors are wood and have sub-floors and basements with drains to underground sewer, that happen a lot in NY older buildings.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Rats are taking over? You don't actually think KFC is serving chicken do you? The rats are part of the menu

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Now serving shredded rat tacos and Kentucky Fried rodent ...

Amazing how these businesses can operate without being shut down or being sued..

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
You couldn't really see how many there were in that FOX clip. I got this from CNN International with my TiVO:

I love how they say it's "unacceptable." Wow, ya think?

[edit on 2/24/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Amazing how these businesses can operate without being shut down or being sued..

I do think that their have been one or two cases where people have sued them alleging they had been served rat, although that may have been an urban legion of sorts.

I found one failed attempt for sure No rats at Taco Bell

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well it seems that the site of the rats is becoming a place for amusement, now is people lining up to watch the rat show.

Rats has always been a problem in big cities no matter how clean the city may be, specially when is older foundations under the city.

NY has the problem for many years.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Get this peta wants NYC's mayor to save da rats :shk:

And get this they even plan to protect dem

www.fittoprintnews.blogspot.com...

The animal rights group PETA has formally petitioned NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg to save the KFC rats. In addition, a small but vocal group of protestors keeping a round-the-clock vigil outside of the restaurant in Greenwich Village vows to take necessary action to prevent what PETA calls mass “ratricide.”

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The animal rights group PETA has formally petitioned NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg to save the KFC rats.

Hey rats have rights you know . . . after all they are as old as the first pilgrims that arrived by boats to the pristine coast of the new world.

So they came with the mayflower . . . and they are part of our heritage.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Get this peta wants NYC's mayor to save da rats :shk:

That looks like genuine faux news to me...

But it may end up becoming true, I wouldn't it past Peta.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What has the world come to when people laugh at people who wants to save lives of animals.

A shame really.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That was the janitorial crew they were there to clean the floors!!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ok, I have to admit I am a rat lover. I was never really fond of them until my son got one. They are actually very sweet little buggers. Those in the restaurant look pretty healthy.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
Ok, I have to admit I am a rat lover. I was never really fond of them until my son got one. They are actually very sweet little buggers. Those in the restaurant look pretty healthy.

One of the perks of shacking up in a resturant..Well feed lol..

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777

Actually they are very nice as pet . . . occurs pet ones are breed to be pets. . .

You are right the first think I notice when I saw the news on the rats was . . . how well they look, perky, fat and obviously well feed.

top topics

join