It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Tolkien a conspiracy theorist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Immortal, it is no coincidence believe me.

But tell me this what do you think return of the King signifies? Return of Christ?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
I also see a similarity with Tolkien's vision of the "two towers" with the now toppled World Trade Centre.

Is it a connection with September 11, 2001, or just a coincidence?

Check This Out!

Seriously man, no.
The Two Towers wasn't even a title that Tolkein wanted to use, he wrote the book in 5 parts but didn't give them a title, only when it came to publishing did 3 titles have to be thought of, and he HATED the name "Return of The King" by the way because it gave the story away.
He also never, EVER mentions which two towers the title is in reference to, well he does, but he contradicts himself.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Prove it was no coincidence, prove it to me, I will not believe you until you prove to me beyond a doubt that Tolkein knew that the twin towers in New York were going to come down.
There is no PROOF.
The only tower that crumbles to the ground in The ENTIRE Lord of The Rings story is Barad Dur, Sauron's tower.
Stop throwing around silly presumptions without proof Neo.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
well just take a look at all of the symbols

rohan - horses
gondor - olive tree
mithanel mar - seven gates/layers
saurumon - white hand

and see if it can compare to anything

i know the olive tree from romans 11. and saurumon seems to be a false white wizard/hand.

of course the story behind the story could still be misleading...

Erm, the White Tree of Gondor isn't an olive tree mate.
Oh and it's SARUMAN, not SAURUMON

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
well just take a look at all of the symbols

rohan - horses
gondor - olive tree
mithanel mar - seven gates/layers
saurumon - white hand

and see if it can compare to anything

i know the olive tree from romans 11. and saurumon seems to be a false white wizard/hand.

of course the story behind the story could still be misleading...

NOT A #ING OLIVE TREE. read the silmarillion, kthnx.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Immortal, it is no coincidence believe me.

But tell me this what do you think return of the King signifies? Return of Christ?
The return of the king was a good movie by the way.

I think that the retun of the king signifies the eventual crowning of Prince William under the New World Order.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i think it sigifies the return of king elessar. none of this bull#. the prof is spinning in his grave.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any
Prove it was no coincidence, prove it to me, I will not believe you until you prove to me beyond a doubt that Tolkein knew that the twin towers in New York were going to come down.
There is just a big similarity that is readily apparent, I'm sure you see, but I can't provide the tangible proof.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by �any
There is just a big similarity that is readily apparent, I'm sure you see, but I can't provide the tangible proof.

Where is the similarity?
There isn't any, only one tower falls in The Lord of the Rings and that's in the Return of the King, not the Two Towers.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
i think it sigifies the return of king elessar. none of this bull#. the prof is spinning in his grave.

I'm with you on this one mate.

There were some parallels that the Professor put into his stories.
One of them was his growing sadness that the England he Loved, the green and wonderful land was becoming more and more machine oriented.
Tolkein saw trees as living creatures, he idolised them, hence the forests being alive and full of peril.
If you're going to talk about messages in his works, then why not talk about the REAL messages he put in there?

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by �any]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IMMORTAL

You do realize it was written long before williams father was even a gleam in his fathers eye.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join