It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Tolkien a conspiracy theorist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
I find it irritating when people try to imply that Tolkien was a racist.

I bet all the people that point of Star Wars and Star Trek racism REALLY get under your skin!

www.stardestroyer.net...

BTW, Grendle was the good guy. Beowulf

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystra
Of course Tolkien knew what was going on. He was like Leonardo..he was privy to secret information that he could only present to the world in a creative but coded manner. It was the only way it could be done...as it has been through the centuries.

He used to hang out with CS Lewis in a pub down the road from where I live. They all knew. The chosen ones if you like.

It's up to people to try and work it out. A magnificent adventure. You'd do well to analyse the messages in their works. It's all very relevant...everything they wrote about and painted about was all about what's happening now.

i agree. you're allllllright, mystra. wells, bacon, da vinci, orwell, and lovecraft are a few other 'chosen' ones.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Tolkien was in fact a mason? He seems to draw on the occult a lot in his work. Much like J. K. Rowlings also draws on the occult (is she Wicca?).

Notice how these people get the big promotion and support from the system.

I like the LOTR all the same but as I watch it I am not sure if I understand it that well.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Take your pills please Neo. Both the red and the blue one if nessercery.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What is the problem now?

I asked is Tolkien a mason?

I can post if you like examples of many successful people in the world that are linked to masonry.

Also the occult is the occult, it is not Christian or Muslim or any other commonly accepted mainline faith.

Tolkien and Rowling and many similar authors are drawing on a world of though that is not commonly known nor understood by most people.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That is an interesting question NEO, I am going to look into it and see if he belonged to any of the secret societies... lets not assume it could only be freemasonry.

*edit*
Here is what I have found so far.

Many writers are connected with the mystery of the Templars and Rennes-le-Chateau. It might be productive to reexamine their works with a new eye for such hidden codes. One, novelist Victor Hugo, and another, playwright Jean Cocteau, are said to have presided over the Prieure. But other writers appear to be strongly connected to the mystery. Three in particular are the so-called "Inklings": fantasy writer J.R.R. Tolkien, "Screwtape" writer C.S. Lewis, and Charles Williams. Lionel Fanthorpe also suspects that Isaac Asimov, Jules Verne, George McDonald, and Umberto Eco may somehow have provided clues to the mystery in their books. Sir Walter Raleigh, who is now thought to have been involved in an esoteric body known as "the School of Night" (whose motto was that "inspiration comes to the philosopher at night, when nature and the rest of humanity sleeps"), may have also been part of the Order of Sion.

Taken from mid page www.alienzoo.com...

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by NephraTari]

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A gift of rings to all the peaceful races...that end up being mind controlling devices. Hmmmm.....technology that's given freely that ends up being used to control our minds.......

Television?

Think of all the Smeagols out there that would strangle someone if they were asked to part with their television....

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

neo has done nothing to warrant this. i will be hunting YOU, 'spyhunter'. man, spy schools these days are really slipping! spelling is key to looking smart. nessercery isn't even close.

in fact, he raises a very valid point. it IS possible that literature is littered with code. all skeptics may now jump up, and proclaim loudly, "ludicrous!!! highly unlikely!!!! you're crazy!!!! improbable!!! statistics show that nine point nine out of ten conspiracy theories are wrong!!!!"
so, 'debunkers'(HAHAHA, that's really starting to crack me up! go, team satan, HAHAHAHA!!!!), WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER ONE PERCENT?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
billybob,

hey man what's up? what you doing between Xmas and newyears?

leave the guy alone he is just trying. Those guys in the chemtrails thread are startin' to get to me though.

NephraTari,

good digging. I definitely know about CS. Lewis and alice in wonderland. In fact I know what that story is about, Alice takes psychadelics and enters other higher realms. A lot of masonic symbology for example the black and white alternating floor tiles are strong masonic symbology. Look at the grand temple in Washington DC for confirmation of this.

now one question is Tolkien a good mason or bad one as there is rumoured to be two main groups?

I have to say good because he believes in the light triumphing over the dark obviously.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
A gift of rings to all the peaceful races...that end up being mind controlling devices. Hmmmm.....technology that's given freely that ends up being used to control our minds.......

Television?

Think of all the Smeagols out there that would strangle someone if they were asked to part with their television....

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by darklanser]

what is a ring? it is an unbroken loop. like, for example, tradition. tradition is a ring. if you want to understand mind control, you must first realize that YOUR mind is controlled. so is mine(though i'm pretty sure i've broken a LOT of programming. yet, might breaking surface programming to trigger other 'sleepers' not be my ultimate program?)
how about christmas, for example. it's off the scale of religious holidays celebrated(as in running the programs of gift exchanging, tree decorating, and goodwill and whatnot) by people who aren't of that religion. people who claim to be shinto, muslim, jewish, and ATHEIST! even.... many are sucked into the originally pagan rituals which are known today as christmas.

and so might these other 'rings of power' be. they are the traditions that it is nigh on heresay to bespeak against. i'm a'bespeakin'. all seeing eye(sauron). rings of power(unbreakable thought processes like traditions [here's another one, ...we need armies, ....i say, NO, WE DONT!, or we need money, NO WE DON'T!]). these are definitely rings of power forged in mount doom.

television is powerful, but not nearly as powerful as the more deep-seated programs that were written into us since birth. ie. biblical, financial, sociological, sexual, and educational(remember when protons, neutrons and electrons were the smallest particles as an absolute gospel truth?), to name a few.

i expect much hatred to be flung, like so much monkey poo, at me now. guess i'll have to take a shower. nobody likes a scrooge, HAHA!

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by billybob]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
billybob,

hey man what's up? what you doing between Xmas and newyears?

unbelievably busy, man. maybe feb i'll have some time. email me.
i'll tell you this though, neo. i don't think there are good and bad masons. there are just people following their programs. they are all being controlled by the infostream, which comes from the secret council(sauron). much like, uh.... lord of the rings!
remember how sauruman(sp?) was a (the number one, even)good guy, and then he turned because he was convinced that the good side couldn't win? programming.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by DeltaNine

neo has done nothing to warrant this. i will be hunting YOU, 'spyhunter'. man, spy schools these days are really slipping! spelling is key to looking smart. nessercery isn't even close.

in fact, he raises a very valid point. it IS possible that literature is littered with code. all skeptics may now jump up, and proclaim loudly, "ludicrous!!! highly unlikely!!!! you're crazy!!!! improbable!!! statistics show that nine point nine out of ten conspiracy theories are wrong!!!!"
so, 'debunkers'(HAHAHA, that's really starting to crack me up! go, team satan, HAHAHAHA!!!!), WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER ONE PERCENT?

Yup, I can't be bothered spelling properly. I don't care.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Now what is the symbol for the masons and illuminati? The all seeing eye

i didn't read through all the posts, so someone could have already said this. But wasnt the illuminati's symbol the eye of RA? the egyptian sun god? The symbol would make sense for a unified government because the god RA ruled all the other gods in egypt.

my observation if it means anything

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hemps,

yes all true.

third eye the connection to the higher realms.

the cyclops the single eyed people of antiquity?

the trilateral, the trinity and trilogy.

the all seeing eye of god and satan.

the eye the shortest path to the soul.

etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would have to say, given the way the story concludes that he had good intentions..
I would almost risk saying he was a renegade or whistle blower, which is why he did so in a very subtle manner, to prevent extreme consequences from arising.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No...I do not believe that Tolken was a 'mason', nor do I believe that Tolken was a "conspiracy theorist".....
Tolken was a visoionary and one hell of a fantasy writer.

Just my honest opinion....nothing of fact to post to the contrary.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Does anyone know if Tolkien was in fact a mason?

Yes we know.
No. He wasn't a Mason.

He seems to draw on the occult a lot in his work.

(sigh) (argh) No, he doesn't. He happened to be one of the greatest living scholars on mythology and spoke and read a number of languages including Middle English, old Norse, Greek, and Latin. The framework and points are quite familiar to people who study mythology.

(note: I am going to a Tolkien conference and I belong to a group that includes a number of Tolkien scholars.)

Much like J. K. Rowlings also draws on the occult (is she Wicca?).

I have a rant on this. I'm Wiccan. Would you like to hear my very detailed and extremely specific rant on it? It runs about a thousand words and is extremely detailed.

However, it boils down to "no, she ain't Wiccan and she knows nothing about Wicca and it's very obvious that she doesn't."

But if you'd like to read it, I will be delighted to ship you several thousand words worth of Annoyed Wiccan Ranting.

I like the LOTR all the same but as I watch it I am not sure if I understand it that well.

...an ol' B're'r Fox, he don't say NUFFIN........

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
wait!
Byrd... I thought you were a bible thumping christian?
WTF???
now your wiccan?

when did this happen? I missed something somewhere because I recall reading posts by you in the conspiracies in religion forum that were very christian adament.

You have me confused now.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
well just take a look at all of the symbols

rohan - horses
gondor - olive tree
mithanel mar - seven gates/layers
saurumon - white hand

and see if it can compare to anything

i know the olive tree from romans 11. and saurumon seems to be a false white wizard/hand.

of course the story behind the story could still be misleading...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I also see a similarity with Tolkien's vision of the "two towers" with the now toppled World Trade Centre.

Is it a connection with September 11, 2001, or just a coincidence?

Check This Out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join