It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID makes one scary leap!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I saw this and showed a few friends and the feeling was unanimous, NOBODY felt good about it. Hitachi's new RFID chips are the size of a grain of salt or smaller and have a 128 bit ROM that can store a unique 38 digit ID number. I believe thirty eight digits would be ample to assign each person on earth with their own unique number

Here's the source RFID chips

Whats other peoples thoughts on this?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150
I believe thirty eight digits would be ample to assign each person on earth with their own unique number

More, in fact much more! There are about 6 billion people on earth so it only requires a 10 digit number to give each person a different code.

With 38 digits you could probably give every living thing on earth a unique number, including bacteria and amoeba!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If you are concerned with RFID, maybe you need a RFID Guardian.

www.rfidguardian.org

Jams rfid tags you specify. It is like a jamming bubble around you.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks krugger, at the moment it is only in prototype but I hope to see these things become popular and affordable.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Can you explain to me what these specific chips can be used for and why we should be afraid? Many theories are more fiction that fact, and very far-fetched, so it's hard to sort through.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well, johnmike they could be used for a lot of things. Right now minicoopers have rfid chips in the key and when you drive by the billboards they have setup, it sends you a personal message, which is kind of cool. There is unfortunately a great deal of applications that would be controversial to say the least. For example they could embed one of these in your skin and rather than having to carry ID you could simply scan yourself. At the same time they could keep a database of personal info on you. Taking it a step further have "checkpoints" to see if you are a wanted man. They could put them into products and track your use of the product. The list goes on and on. They could be put in. I feel that there are good applications but there is potential for sinister uses and they could be masked by marketing a bad use as a convienence.

I don't know about you but the amount of data they keep on everyone in the U.S. I do not like, this could make it a lot worse.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by krugger
If you are concerned with RFID, maybe you need a RFID Guardian.

www.rfidguardian.org

Jams rfid tags you specify. It is like a jamming bubble around you.

excellent find...although you can bet that any commercially available RFID jammer will be immediately be sanctioned, much like cellphone jammers

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
this stuff could easily be injected without your notice and it does not reply unless you send the right code, tracking made easy.

otoh, it's so small, it could get lost, somehow, or disabled by the immune system.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ah, I see. Also, they wouldn't inject it, they'd implant it under skin.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i would say the real concern of the RFID chips are not the messages that are being sent to the central computer but the messages that they can send to the chips. ie. controlling you mental state.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I started a thread on this yesterday but I put it in the wrong forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ahem.

1) The mu chips aren't all that small either. That's rock salt in the photo..the parts are 0.4mm on a side. That's not huge but it's far from injectable. It's also pretty much useless until you connect it to an antenna, which is going to be a strip about 3" long for maximum coverage.

2) It's an e-field chip, it's not implantable. Ever.

3) The distance it can cover is not that great, somewhere around 25 centimeters, around 10". That's with a pretty big antenna. With the on-die antenna, it's about half a cm.

4) It has no anti-collision, so you can't separate them out when there's many of them in the same space.

5) The part is ROM, the serial numbers are permanent, it can't be written with anything at all

How in the world do you think sending it message can affect your mental state?

x08

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think the good uses far outweigh the bad.... my wallet could certainly lose a few pounds from carrying these credit cards around... and it would be good to know that when you're travelling abroad - noone can steal your passport without cutting off your hand (or whatever - computer databases would hold pictures of each passport user's face)

Why are you so worried about them scanning to see if you're a wanted man?? ARE you a wanted man??

And targeted advertising is much better than random... at least it will advertise thing's I'm interested in, and I don't have to watch advertisements on weed-killers when I don't even have a garden~

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I read this earlier today as well and I'm glad you posted the story up. I think its quite frightening. We are approaching a time when privacy is a thing of the past. There will be a time in the near future where your children won't know what privacy is, but they will have acclamated over time and it will accepted. Scarey.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There's certainly nothing scary about a Mu, unless you're afraid someone will run up and scan you mercilessly from about 4" away (average) and read a fixed serial number.

It's a tag for garments or small merchandise, not the sort that you can even read on the shelf, it's for scanning at the checkout register.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
i would say the real concern of the RFID chips are not the messages that are being sent to the central computer but the messages that they can send to the chips. ie. controlling you mental state.

RFID chips are in no way capable of controlling your mental state, because brain stimulation is controlled by small currents that run through a thin wire surgically placed inside your brain. I'm pretty sure you need an electrode to create this current, and i'm fairly certain this would short out the RFID chip. I could be wrong, i'm not an electrician. But I do work in tracking technology.

Article on Brain Stimulation

[edit on 2/15/2007 by The Cyfre]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
There's certainly nothing scary about a Mu, unless you're afraid someone will run up and scan you mercilessly from about 4" away (average) and read a fixed serial number.

It's a tag for garments or small merchandise, not the sort that you can even read on the shelf, it's for scanning at the checkout register.

For now!

Of coarse they aint gonna pronounce over loud speakers what their true intension's are. Implanted chip technology will at first seem like a great idea (actually it is an awsome tech with many benefits) but like many great inventions it can also be used for wrong.

First we will see the many benefits implanted chip tech will bring. And the masses will scoop them up with glee. Once they are as common as the credit card, and you just cant live life without them - then things can be changed and what was once a help can quickly turn into a hindrance.

The Bible speaks about all mankind being forced to receive a mark in their right hands or foreheads.

Revelation 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

I guess this is one of the major sore points many people fear when it comes to implanted chip technology.
Personally I see this I C technology becoming mainstream WELL before this "Beast" appears on the scene. Having implanted chips will be the norm, and those who refuse will be seen as crazy people, or old timer religious nuts.

But that doesn't mean they are. If you read the Bible, it does make you wonder about this sort of tech. MANY see this technology and it reaffirms their belief in what the Bible is talking about.

Personally I believe by the time this "Beast" comes about, implanted chip tech will the norm.
It wont be a choice of whether to get an implant, it will be a choice of whether you receive HIS implant.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn

For now!

Probably for all time to come, too, if you're talking something that can be read from a reasonable distance.

Of coarse they aint gonna pronounce over loud speakers what their true intension's are. Implanted chip technology will at first seem like a great idea (actually it is an awsome tech with many benefits) but like many great inventions it can also be used for wrong.

It's not that big a deal. People make a lot more of it than it really is, and frankly, I don't see it happening.

The Bible speaks about all mankind being forced to receive a mark in their right hands or foreheads.

Revelation 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The OT uses the same idiom three times "and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes". It is taken literally by Orthodox Jews, who wear tefillin, little boxes with Bible verses in them, on their forehead and right hand.

In each case it's referring to the word of God, the idiom is referring to taking the word of God into your heart to the extent it is like a sign worn between your eyes and in your right hand.

In Revelations, it's not as clear as you think. The word "mark", in Greek "charagma" can mean all sorts of things from a sworn oath to a brand to a tattoo. If the phrase was the idiom you see in the OT, it would refer to accepting the "word of the Beast" instead of the word of God. So all the people that are trying to tell you it's a chip are stretching like mad to make a fit. It could as well refer to a loyalty oath.

One might also try to say that Keats' "On first looking into Chapman's Homer" was about baseball. After all, the words do seem to describe something that could arise during a game, it even uses terms of the game. Proof!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This IS a pretty unnverving development. This stuff could be sprayed at you for tracking/crowd control, or fed to you unknowingly...The last thing I want is to know that the steak I am about to eat had RFID powder inside, so I can be scanned, and/or tracked afterwards.

This is bad stuff.

top topics

join