It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crashes into lake leaving giant hole in ice? - Latvia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Link

A hole in a frozen pond in northern Latvia achieved unexpected notoriety on Wednesday as rumours began circulating that it was created by an object falling from outer space.

"We've been collecting information on the story all day, and we'll definitely report it in the morning," Inguna Plume, editor of local newspaper Ziemellatvija, told reporters.

The "unusually large hole" appeared in the ice of a frozen pond near the northern Latvian village of Karki in early February, the Leta news agency wrote. Despite sub-zero temperatures, the hole reportedly did not freeze over for two days.

Locals initially reported seeing "strange things" in the area.

One girl said that she had seen "a small bright object with a silver ring around it", while other witnesses reported seeing up to six symmetrical beams of light emerging from the pond.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A Hole in the ice without a pic is like a hole in the whole story!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by williamjklopp

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Lmao, exactly what I was gonna say after I went to the site expecting an image.

Originally posted by williamjklopp

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Does this one count?

ufonews.tv...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiahX
Does this one count?

ufonews.tv...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sure but it could also be a closeup of a 36" ice fishing hole

hehe, im j/p around. its good to have a picture that relates to a story like that though
Btw MiahX that is a pretty cool site, i have not been to that one before, tyvm

Check out this video in the ufo-art section it pretty cool.
Seeing this video of one of our rovers landing on Mars, with its huge airbags that it uses to bounce with kinda reminds me of some UFO vids ive seen in the past.
I dont have any of them handy right now but ive seen some that appear to be a huge ball of individual spheres clustered together.
Watch the vid and youll know what im talking about. Again Mia, thnx for the site

Video

Originally posted by MiahX
Does this one count?

ufonews.tv...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ill put this link in a post of its own. Its from the same site as the videos above and it has multiple UFO videos, most of which have probably already been seen here but what the heck

btw, im sorry about hijacking your thread mia, if you wish ill remove the post and link and make a thread for it.

Multiple UFO Videos (YouTube Embeds)

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
These have been reported here in Sweden as well, but not as of late.

They're big, extremely symmetrical holes of various sizes that reportedly appear over night without explanation. Some people reported a sound or some kinda loud noise at about the same time the hole (in that vacinity) appeared. They almost always seem to be in lakes for some reason.

Let me try and find a translated article. This is pretty interesting.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
These are the only bits I could find in english, but some things suggest they are caused by underlying gases working their way up. You can go here to look at other pictures of the phenomenon. www.ufo.se...

Lake Upprämen update. The latest news from lake Upprämen, the place where in April 1968 a big (500 square meter) hole in the ice was found. The reason for why the hole was created is still unknown, and interested parties claim the Swedish military is not telling everything they know. Some of the theories include the dropping of a bomb in the lake by a military aircraft, or some sort of secret experiment in the lake done by the military. New dives and experiments will cost about 50,000 SEK. The only find, so far, is a hardening of the sea floor under the location of the hole.

Another Year with Holes in the Ice. Short article by Svahn about mysterious holes that somewhat regularly appear in the ice covering Swedish lakes. The article, accompanied by a small photograph, offers the possible explanation that the holes are not the results of objects coming down from space, but rather the workings by marsh gas coming up from the bottom of the lake.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Drexon]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Would you guys entertain the idea that these could be either EXIT holes caused by a USO just before it hits the ice, turning into a UFO or vice-versa, a UFO going into and under the ice turning into a USO.
Just some thoughts

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I mean no offense but the first thing I thought of too when I seen the picture is that it is an ice fishing hole. That picture needs some scale somehow...

How about the cracks that you can see in the ice... Lets say the UFO was what, 90 feet in diameter, how big (width) would those cracks be? You can also see some of the depth of those cracks... Based on that 90 feet, could an estimate of the thickness of the re-frozen ice be calculated?

Also, if the UFO was 90 feet in diameter, how big is that footprint on the left side of the picture? How tall could that person be if that is actually a footprint?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I found another mention here.

I have not found where they got the photo. I left a comment there asking.

Does anyone speak Latvian?
www.onlinenewspapers.com...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by MiahX]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i know someone who speaks ukrainian and russian. I think latvians speak russian...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My wife speaks Russian and Lithuanian, she is searching now, but finding nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sorry, but they should really start taking pictures of crazy stuff when they see it. We are in a day in age were we all need visual aides.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys. That image is a small fishing hole.

Even if it was larger, it has problems.

There are no signs of broken or fractured ice from entrance or exit. Nor is there any sign of melted and remelted ice.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
yea, seriously. Im kinda leaning towards what i first mentioned as well. It just looks to small and this pic here seems to verify that it is in fact a fishing hole.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
yea, seriously. Im kinda leaning towards what i first mentioned as well. It just looks to small and this pic here seems to verify that it is in fact a fishing hole.

Ooohh... I think I understand now!

Do they actually have any footage of the Old Man exiting the hole?

[edit on 2/15/2007 by Horrificus]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Ooohh... I think I understand now!

Do they actually have any footage of the Old Man exiting the hole?

huh? oh wait, that was a joke? lol
Whats funny is that someone probably got this image from a Canadian tourism website thats promoting ice fishing as something to do in a place like this in the winter.
They get the image, then come up with a story about a UFO crashing and making this hole and the rumor spreads..
www.snopes.com is a site thats full of "jokes" like i mentioned.
Im NOT saying that this is going on here but in my opinion it is more logical than what theyre claiming

top topics

<<   2 >>

join