It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Orders Russian Military Forces To Attack US Forces During Iran Invasion????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfor_rent
dont realy know if this news is a fact but but if it is... l hope that russia could be able to do so .... l sincerely beleave that the US deserve this pounch in the face to finaly undestans that they done much # over the wourld that

Mods might get you on language there.

I sure can't join you there as far as hoping for something like that but one thing I DO wish for? I wish this whole "preemptive movement" and all the folks that support it would be hamstrung and stopped in their tracks.

One thing I notice alot on here and I wonder if this is intentional disinfo is the downplaying of Russias power. I've stated OVER and over and OVER again that if we, America, ever get into some sort of major conflict with Russia and shoe drops iWE CAN'T WIN. I don't understand why alot of folks here just can't accept this fact. We are strong enough to keep Russia in check but we can never invade Russia and survive . We may destroy Russia but we will be destroyed in return.. This is the bottom line.. Period.

Quite frankly this is the one element of the tension building against Iran that makes me the most nervous.

Iraq was one thing but attacking Iran? Man.. I have a BAD BAD feeling about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
even though i would not expect a war between usa and russia, russia has been a sleeping giant for the last 15 years.

whoever the globalists choose for usa to have a arms race with to do with space based weapons, they have to choose either china or russia.

america needs an equal or near equal power to provide money for there space weapons system. i always said they will build up russia again, just the fact that they still need an enemy.

america has always been watching russia, and they know that russia is still a major force in the world, while misdirecting your attention to china(of course china is big and they will be bigger in the future).

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

One thing I notice alot on here and I wonder if this is intentional disinfo is the downplaying of Russias power. I've stated OVER and over and OVER again that if we, America, ever get into some sort of major conflict with Russia and shoe drops iWE CAN'T WIN. I don't understand why alot of folks here just can't accept this fact. We are strong enough to keep Russia in check but we can never invade Russia and survive . We may destroy Russia but we will be destroyed in return.. This is the bottom line.. Period.

You should go argue that on the weapon forum, because there's plenty of people out there that will say that the US can win with a first strike nuclear war. IMO I think that Russia would be able to launch dozens of nuclear missiles that would land in the US... Enough to kill at least 50 millions... but that's nothing for world supremacy, isn't it?
That's what disgust me most about those people... they take death like statistics, not like human lives.

Anyway, why are you talking about this article, it's written by a fiction writer... Sorcha Faal the nutjob?

And to survive in the long run, the US should ally with Russia against China, if China ever develops like the US developped after WW2, it will be the most powerful nation that ever was on the earth.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
doesn't russia have more in common with china than usa. yep china will be big, but only time will tell. remember russia has a defence system against icbm's, though i expect usa has one too, russia have invested alot into this. don't russia have underground bunkers for most of there population to.

space is the next forum for cold war like arms race for russia china and usa.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Vitchilo,

I check out the weapons forums more when I get the chance. I don't have the numbers in front of me but nuclear assets in Russia's hands is staggering. Last time I checked we are talking "nuclear carpet bombing capability here". The only thing that I have an open mind for is the possibility that we could stop those assets from reaching our soil but last time I checked..we don't and even if we were able to stop a large percentage of these assets we would STILL be screwed.. WAY beyond 50 million people. Unless there is some super secret technology on the table that we don't know about I don't think there is much hope for us. Heck, EVEN if there was some super secret technology to keep Russian nuclear assets off our soil is there some super secret 100% guarantee that it will keep a large enough percentage of them in check so that America will remain viable after such an attack? I just can't rationalize this.

Edit:

Come to think about it.. I don't think America will need to be viable after such an attack in the grand scheme of things.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Great...That is just what we need. Another MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) scenario with Russia. It seems that some stupid order like this is just enough to snuff out humanity.

Maybe if Vlad remembers that he cant kiss the bellies of youngsters if they are all incinerated, he might chnage his mind about giving such asenine orders

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Let them hate us so long as they fear us! USA ALL THE WAY!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
They are all mad because they cant have what we have!!!

Hey they destroy us there goes all the good or decent entertainment via movies, TV, etc.

If this wasent the best place to live or be, then why does all the Anti-Americans speaking from Hollywood and various other members of society stay here., even with all there hate. Alot of them are from other countries Actors alot are from Canada but they wouldnt dare leave this wonderful place.

If Iran,Syria,Russia,China etc want to try and topple us im sure they will pay the ultimate price.

How many countries before have tried this.........they all failed

Except Vietnam...we had some problems there!

But look to name a few countries that failed to eliminate us

England
Japan
Germany

And all the rest I didnt mention!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
america will be destroyed from within, you know nau is coming, than your constitution is gone after a few years.

america will always be there as consumers, to buy all world goods. nobody says that chinese or russians will fight america just that they will be used to create a space arms race.

but remember usa is being destroyed at this minute, from within(although this is being run from europes bankers). do not think your country will always be the way it is today, even though your society is there to consume all the goods others creates.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
They are all mad because they cant have what we have!!!

Nah I think they're mad because USA are invading their neighbours and are a present threat to their supplies/trades through Iran...

How many countries before have tried this.........they all failed

Except Vietnam...we had some problems there!

But look to name a few countries that failed to eliminate us

England
Japan
Germany

And all the rest I didnt mention!!!

None of them tried to eliminate the USA, you guys went to Vietnamese soil so there was no chance of USA being invaded anyway. Great Britain were trying to control the Americans, not destroy the place, and Germany were too busy in Europe to invade such a large country. If Germany was free to attack the USA in WW2 i'm sure they would've given them a run for their money, the USA isn't invincible.

And a Russia-Iran-China alliance dwarfs any of them countries anyway, it would be a heck of a lot harder to control them if they got really mad!

I'm not looking forward to what will happen if Russia do get involved in the Iran situation...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Russian Military Analysts are reporting....

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That's all it took to know instantly who wrote this piece. First thing that hit my mind "that Faal dude wrote this."

What worries me most, is that I know people in real life that read articles (including his) and believe them.

This is the same source that says Anna Nicole is Hitler's little neice?

[edit on 2/13/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

If this wasent the best place to live or be, then why does all the Anti-Americans speaking from Hollywood and various other members of society stay here.
Its not the best place to live, the US comes in at 8th place edition.cnn.com... and probably a lot lower if you dont have a lot of money.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

I don't agree but I don't have a problem with the credibility of this source being called out. There is other credible information out there that substantiates the grave potential of a no win conflict with Russia if Iran is invaded with any kind of nukes.

The source has no credibility. All that can be trusted is info from external sources that is quoted within the article.

Take a look back at older articles. Try to find one whos title turned out to be real, just one.

Then come back and show us all. In the mean time we will all believe that you have been duped by the Fraud know as David Boothe.

You should look him up and his fantastic lies before defending Sorcha Faal another second.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Maybe we're gonna find out what HAARP can really do?

Regardless of the article this is never the less some good speculation.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by BluByWho]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I would like to respond to your last statement.

They could man Irans new missles that they bought from Russia

They might have their own missles-to defend the Irian nuclear bomb, er electricity
program that may have russian scientistsd on the ground in Iran.

They could also be a token force, would the US dare attack with Russian ground troops there????
Not that they cpould stop all the missles, but the US really does not want to start a war with Russia

This is the same theory as 20K US troops on NK boarder. the 1-1.5 million NK troops would rool over them in a sec, HOWEVER, it would mean all out war with the US-something they really don't want-no matter what they say.

Um.. 1.5million soldiers would be dead before they got a chance first off... the only legit threat from NK is a wall of very well defended artillary aimed right at the Seoul SK.

Other then that..

We cannot go into the Sudan in Darfur to stop the genocide, not even UN peace troops. Ever wonder why? China has some 4,000 troops guarding various targets.. mostly oil wells, and an attack or any damage to them would be a political ## storm.

Russia has alot invested in Irans nuclear program, as well as Iranian oil, and military exports of course as well, but more important then all of that an ally in the ME. War with Iran (and Syria) would be a political ## storm between us and Russia.. but Russia could never engage in a traditional war with us.. it would devastate them. they may kill A LOT of Americans.... but wars generally take 50k plus lives... I know Dems scream and complain about 3k .. but thats nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Would Russia go to war with the US over Iran????

I think the russian military is being lead around by it's nose for economic concerns-kinda what they accuse the US of doing.

Absolutely, i think Russia would go to war with the US over Iran. Whether or not the conditions are right is another story. Clearly, you don't want to get into a war unless you've got a good chance of coming out on top. Even so, Russia has been struggling with this new government for awhile now, and they have to make decisions based on the needs of their economy, don't they? Not every nation has the luxury of worrying about ethics and morals (even if it's only cosmetic). If Russia is invested to any significant extend in Iran, then the interests of Iran also belong to Russia.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Old school Russian thought is that in a war they could kick the U.S. 's @$$. They are really upset that they never had a change. He has been slowly trying to rebuild the U.S.S.R., and a cold war with the U.S. would go along way to galvanize their country.

Personally I don't care if he send in his Special Forces or not. Sure the battle would be good. But our Special Forces would end up stepping on their guys foreheads as they move forward.

Like all old school I believe my side is better, but I hope they don't enter Iran, because I don't think the U.S. would care.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

yep america has great air power, but they will not stop iran with just air power. you have to get the feeling that iran have been planning for this for a long time, and countries like russia know how to fortify what they need to keep secret. if it was so simple for usa, they would of done it by now.

I find it hard to fathom why the U.S., once it has established air superiority over Iranian Airspace, would not be able to systematically pick apart the military/industrial complex of Iran. It might take a Month or two of targeting of facilities, but the end result would be a defanged and very crippled Iran. Even their hardened nuclear sites could only take so much pounding till they just become big holes in the ground. Without control of the skies, Iran is a sitting duck when it comes to American Air power and precision guided munitions. You don't have to invade a country to turn it into a non threat militarily. That's not to say Iran won't try every play in the book, in the long run however Iran's economy and military would be in shambles.

Remember Iran is a one trick pony when it comes to it's economy, without the oil revenue, their government collaspes. There is already grumbling about campaign promises not kept by Iran's president. Full scale air attacks against Iran would cripple it.

As to Russia and fortifying things, their track record when it comes to arming other countries basically sucks. Sure they send a lot of material but with the exception of the Yom Kippur War, Soviet weapon systems have a very poor battle rating in real warfare, especially in the hands of lesser trained non Russian troops without Russian advisors.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why do we fight wars for Israel? Are we just tools? If they want to attack Iran, let them - with Israeli money and Israeli blood.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
IF (and thats a large IF) the spetznaz are there or will be deployed then there will be trobule - as they are VERY good , on par with the SAS which ranks them above the us sf troops

and now the argueing starts - that britisah and russian SF troops are better than USA ones , well , they are - you belittle the russian troops , but they are very very good.

nuclear

20 warheads would kill the usa

`amagade you talk BS` will be the reply - but yes all it would take is 20

all aimed at nuclear power stations.

look at chernobyl - the land is still very poisoned 20 years later and will be for many many years - the sort of crap that comes out of a power station like that cannot be easily cleaned up; there are isotopes which only occcur within controlled atomic power stations that don`t occur within bombs

Rocket sled testing at Eglin Air Force Base has demonstrated penetrations of 100 to 150 feet in concrete when traveling at 4,000 ft/s. The reason for this is liquefaction of the concrete in the target, which tends to flow over the projectile. Variation in the speed of the penetrator can either cause it to be vaporized on impact (in the case of traveling too fast), or to not penetrate far enough (in the case of traveling too slow). An approximation for the penetration depth is obtained with an impact depth formula derived by Sir Isaac Newton. Yet nuclear bunker busters are using a light penetrator to travel 15 to 30 meters through shielding, and detonate a nuclear charge there. Such an explosion would generate powerful shock waves, which would be transmitted very effectively through the solid material comprising the shielding.

Fallout from any nuclear detonation is increased with proximity to the ground. While a megaton-class yield will inevitably throw up many tons of (newly) radioactive debris, which falls back to the earth as fallout, critics contend that despite their relatively miniscule explosive yield, nuclear bunker busters create more fallout per kiloton yield.

The scientific group Union of Concerned Scientists points out that, at the Nevada Test Site, the depth required to contain fallout from an average-yield nuclear test was over 100 meters, depending upon the weapon's yield. They contend that it is improbable that penetrators could be made to burrow so deeply. With yields between 0.3 and 340 kilotons, they argue, it is unlikely the blast would be completely contained.

so in summary , using any type or class of nuclear device (small or large) either sub surface , surface or air burst would *probably* result in a response in kind.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join