It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More "Anonymous" Chicago UFO images

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
These 2 photos I took, one after the other, contain different lighting. One is brighter than the other and I’m not sure how this happened. The settings remained the same. Just posting for comparison.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Most of these phones have auto-leveling features (on mine it can be custom set to different environments, or to auto. I leave mine on auto) It may have been that the camera was in the middle of rethinking its light levels when you hit the button the second time. Mine does this from time to time too in bright light situations.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
Yes - my phone absolutley DOES do video.

And absolutely your phone puts EXIF tags on its pictures. That sucks. It is possible that your phone is using newer chip technology (the chip I looked at was popular with Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones). I'm not sure about motorola (especially considering motorola designs and manufactures their own chips).

Also your phone takes pictures at an incredible resolution - I'm thinking the phone we're dealing with (the phone that took the UFO photos) is definately an older model. As one poster said - Mom's are looking for cute, small and cheap. I tend to agree with that assesment (my mom's got an old OLD phone lol)

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Klaxmexalix,

Your photos do have some EXIF information - but no date/time stamp. It also has FlashPIX extensions. I will view those momentarily. I also noticed that your phone is a Nokia. Does it take video as well?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
good stuff there zeeon. you know, the RAZR was one of the best selling phones over the holidays... these things are everywhere with their high-resolution-havin-ass. So keep this "signature" of a RAZR's imaging ability in mind, cuz we are sure to get pictures in the future from these new RAZRs... since everybodys got em.

50 Million RAZRs sold, and counting...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thanks for Posting Majik! Just viewed the EXIF Information of one of your photo's (the one with the woman wearing the santa claus hat) in photoshop and all of the information is there about this photo.

Camera: Motorola
1.3 mp's
Date: Dec. 14 2006
and so on...
I assume that your other cam phone photo's also include their EXIF data too.

Nice to know that this type cam phone provides that information with their photo's. Apparently, we are to find out today that not all cam phones have their EXIF information attached to their photos to view in an editor.

The colors are very vibrant and it's great that we now have the name of a cam phone model that takes such vibrantly colored photo's.

So based on your photo's and that they are backed up by that information shown in the EXIF box, I guess we can say that there are some cam phones out there that do produce such vibrantly colored photo's. I'm also seeing some chromatic aberrations in the reds in your photo's where area's showing that color are translating into magenta... interesting.

So could anonymous' photo's be real? Could be. My questions about if cam phones are capable of producing high color satuation photo's has now been answered.

Lol, you sure know how to make a mean 'snarl' too!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Lol, you sure know how to make a mean 'snarl' too!

That's not me!! Nya Nya! That is a very cool dude inthat photo, but he happens to be my old boss.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

good stuff there zeeon. you know, the RAZR was one of the best selling phones over the holidays... these things are everywhere with their high-resolution-havin-ass. So keep this "signature" of a RAZR's imaging ability in mind, cuz we are sure to get pictures in the future from these new RAZRs... since everybodys got em.

50 Million RAZRs sold, and counting...

Amazing that your cam is only a 1.3 mp considering how good these photo's look!
Now I'm really confused about cam phones as how in the world can we be getting such beautiful photo's with only a 1.3 mp cam phone???

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Magic? Dunno.
I like it though - first cam phone i've had that takes pics worth keeping. And like I said, there is a quality setting seperate from the resolution setting, and those images were all taken at "normal" (to the best of my knowledge) i guess i can take even better quality pics? I wonder what that setting actually does... can anybody find a tech sheet or white paper on the RAZRs image processor and/or CCD??

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Magic? Dunno.
I like it though - first cam phone i've had that takes pics worth keeping. And like I said, there is a quality setting seperate from the resolution setting, and those images were all taken at "normal" (to the best of my knowledge) i guess i can take even better quality pics? I wonder what that setting actually does... can anybody find a tech sheet or white paper on the RAZRs image processor and/or CCD??

I can but it's gonna take some time. I'll look at post back my results ASAP.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaxmexalix
These 2 photos I took, one after the other, contain different lighting. One is brighter than the other and I’m not sure how this happened. The settings remained the same. Just posting for comparison.

Awesome comparison -- and it's rather perplexing that the second one is brighter than the first even though the setting on your cam was the same.

It sounds like you really can't predict how you photo's will look based only on how much lighting there is where the photo is taken. At any rate, your photo's are showing EXIF data too when loaded into an editor and I think your phone cam is 2.2 mp -- rez-wise, your photo's look no different from Majik's cam phone photo's even though you are using a cam phone with a higher megapixel rate.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!!!!

How 'bout directing this discussion back to the original topic?

Hello...welcome to 'Phone Tech Talk'...what's your question?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
More Verizon RAZR V3M Examples

.:: Light Test 1::.
I took a dartboard, in a completley darkened room, and took two pictures. Both images are taken at a distance of about 6 feet.
1) Normal flashlight shining on dart board.
2) 2 Million Candle Power spotlight shown on dart board.

.:: Light Test 2 ::.
1) A picture of the 2 Million Candle Power Spotlight
2) The same Spotlight shining directly at the camera. Distance, 3 feet.

.:: Interior Lighting Example ::.
This is a picture that I recently took while attending my Mass Comm. class @ MTSU.

** I had already gone back and edited Masqua - thanks though - I like my formatting better!

[edit on 8-2-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Most of these phones have auto-leveling features (on mine it can be custom set to different environments, or to auto. I leave mine on auto) It may have been that the camera was in the middle of rethinking its light levels when you hit the button the second time. Mine does this from time to time too in bright light situations.

Yea, I forgot about that, must of been the auto mode. I did take several shots and that was the only one that was really bright, I must of pushed the button early.

Originally posted by zeeon
Klaxmexalix,

Your photos do have some EXIF information - but no date/time stamp. It also has FlashPIX extensions. I will view those momentarily. I also noticed that your phone is a Nokia. Does it take video as well?

Yea it takes video, Nokia 6233, 2 Mega Pixel, It’s an awesome phone, I love it. Everything is set to HIGH.

I’ve got one last photo to post, this was shot in negative mode with the same settings. Basically light becomes dark and dark becomes light, I think….anyway the sun is centred but there is a dark round spot(Which must have been really bright at the time but I could not see due to the sun. ) to the upper left of the sun, there is a tree for reference which was less than a meter away when I took the shot. I would love to call it a UFO but it’s just not good enough, I even thought it might be comet Mcnaught, anywho.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Klaxmexalix]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
OH MY GOD!!!!

I think this is relevant to the discussion. How can we keep discussing the UFO photos if we don't try to validate it (or prove it's fake)?
Would you rather sit here and bicker back and forth on who thinks it real or who thinks it's fake forever?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
OH MY GOD!!!!

This is only a slight deviation - in or debate over whether these annony posts are real, we are taking a brief look at what these phones can do. So far, it has been very enlightening to our oringinal topic.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Klaxmexalix, that's an awfully ROUND black dot over the sun... wonder what it is? Interesting negative.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Klaxmexalix, that's an awfully ROUND black dot over the sun... wonder what it is? Interesting negative.

Venus?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thanks Majik for posting the additional photo's. We can use this thread as a reference for how different cam phone photo's look under different lighting conditions and environments.
This information will be very useful when analyzing those cam phone photo's sent in anonymously of UFO's.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaxmexalix

Originally posted by Palasheea

Venus?

Lol, it could even be the moon!! Or maybe even swamp gas

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join