It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hole in Sky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I wasnt exactly sure where to post this image because the reason Im posting it, is because it is an interesting pic, not necessarily because I think its proof of anything in particular.
The caption on the website where i got the image from claims it is "proof" of weather control. While i dont know if that is true or not, i suppose it is possible.
Whatever the case may be, its just a cool pic

Source Page

[edit on 6-2-2007 by Kr0n0s]

It's still there, in the cloud. That is just how a cloaked object looks in a light cloud covering. I bet the clouds in the center, and the light clouding coming in from the sides, are at different altitudes, denoting "underneath" and "above" a cloaked object.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I believe it is just a place with hot air, rising up..

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
unless i could actually fly up there and check it out for myself to make sure its not a cloaked ufo,then im not gonna pass judgement on this.

after all they are just pictures and most of the websites explaining this phenomena are controlled by the government. so you can never rely on a good information source from the internet anymore.

all u have i guess is your own thoughts about what it is. im not a meteorologist but i can say i have NEVER seen anything like that before in person.

~Kind Regards Mayan2012

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i'm not really familiar with this cloud anomaly/phenomenon as i'm not into clouds that much.
but i've found someting while trawling along the web recently that might relate to the subject being discussed. do try to visit the link as NASA seems to be know what these clouds are.

These “hole punch” clouds were just as apparent from above as they were from below. A few of the “holes” are elongated, with what appear to be smaller clouds inside them.

NASA Earth Observatory

External Image

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's photoshopped.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
It's photoshopped.

LMAO bs Typical reply by people for any photo/video of something that they themselves have never seen. So since theyve never seen it, it cant be real.
whatever is causing this phenomena idk but its not all that rare and there are many other pictures like it..
guess those are all ps'd as well

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
yeah. it's not photoshpped.

in truth, even I've seen that kind of formation before, and I am sure a lot of other people have too. It is usually explained as a weird rising hot air anomaly.

So, the appearance is not impossible. But, I think the explanation is a little goofy.

It is either something that is still there, (says the Conspiracy Center of my Brain), or it is just a natural formation.

If it was caused by something moving up through it, or down through it, there would be more of a trail of cloud pulled in the direction of the moving "craft".

But, the hole looks relatively undisturbed.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Looks like a trilobyte to me!

seriously!

That's an awfully damn big trilobyte!!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
does anyone even click on links anymore?
oh well, if not i'll just post the entire article in here.

On January 29, 2007, inhabitants of Acadiana, the Cajun heartland in southern Louisiana, saw unusual looking cloud formations. These “hole punch” clouds were just as apparent from above as they were from below. This pair of images shows the hole-punch clouds captured by the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Terra satellite (top) and from the ground (bottom). The MODIS image shows a number of round holes in a blanket of cloud cover over Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. A few of the “holes” are elongated, with what appear to be smaller clouds inside them.

This strange phenomenon resulted from a combination of cold temperatures, air traffic, and perhaps unusual atmospheric stability. The cloud blanket on January 29 consisted of supercooled clouds. Supercooled clouds contain water droplets that remain liquid even though the temperature is well below freezing, and such clouds are not unusual. According to the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) Satellite Blog, cloud-top temperatures ranged from –20 to –35 degrees Celsius. As aircraft from the Dallas-Fort Worth airport passed through these clouds, tiny particles in the exhaust came into contact with the supercooled water droplets, which froze instantly. The larger ice crystals fell out of the cloud deck, leaving behind the “holes,” while the tiniest ice particles in the center remained aloft.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

thanks toreishi .

both myself and Kr0n0s have posted very detailed answers with links that explain this type of formation.....

but as usual some people are just blind and unwilling to read/see the obvious truth

gets annoying after a while !

snoopyuk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Removed quote of entire post immediately above

[edit on 8/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I’m looking through a hole in the sky
I’m seeing nowhere through the eyes of a lie
I’m getting closer to the end of the line
I’m living easy where the sun doesn’t shine

I’m living in a room without any view
I’m living free because the rent's never due
The synonyms of all the things that I’ve said
Are just the riddles that are built in my head

Hole in the sky, take me to heaven
Window in time, through it I fly

I’ve seen the stars disappear in the sun
The shooting's easy if you’ve got the right gun
And even though I’m sitting waiting for mars
I don’t believe there’s any future in cause

Hole in the sky, take me to heaven
Window in time, through it I fly
Yeah

I’ve watched the dogs of war enjoying their feast
I’ve seen the western world go down in the east
The food of love became the greed of our time
But now I’m living on the profits of pride

(Hole in the Sky
© Black Sabbath
)

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No, it's photoshopped. It's obvious.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That's twice you've made that claim in this thread.

Could you provide some reason as to why you believe it's photoshopped?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
He has no proof, he just wants to be a dissenting voice for some reason or another.
There is nothing wrong with that but one should be able to back up what they say when they make a claim such as this.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
does anyone even click on links anymore?

Obviously not!

Well I do.

But i know that you just never know what you might miss if you don't at least try.

so i don't mind tryin' 'em all
and i don't complain if they don't work
i just close the window!

life is really not too complex if you K.I.S.S.
huh?

peace out

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

please tell me why you think it is photoshopped ???

as i have already said ,it is a well known (albeit rare ) type of cloud formation, that most well trained meteorologists know about.

i can provide you with plenty more example pics .

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
please tell me why you think it is photoshopped ???

i never know either way - but i think the reaction exampled above which we see all around us in various forms is caused by fear of the unknown compounded by the denial that there is ONE that knows all - traded in their tangibility in order to alleviate our fear.

FEAR NOT
BELIEVE ONLY

i did
now i have no need to fear or believe or even know

i just drift and soar on the wings of a song
carried by a rainbow feather that
long ago was born a bloody cross

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

That's twice you've made that claim in this thread.

Could you provide some reason as to why you believe it's photoshopped?

The gamma dispersal around the hole proves it.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk

Where is ESSAN when you need him !! lol

Sorry - I was away last weekend, and have been a tad busy all week (and I've got a stinking cold
)

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Than how can water be in droplets at -25 degrees celcius like in all of those reports?

Supercooled water is actually quite common in the atmosphere.

A liquid below its freezing point will crystallize in the presence of a seed crystal or nucleus around which a crystal structure can form. However, lacking any such nucleus, the liquid phase can be maintained all the way down to the temperature at which crystal homogeneous nucleation occurs.

Water has a freezing point of 273 K (0 °C or 32 °F) but can be supercooled at ambient pressure down to its crystal homogeneous nucleation at almost 231 K (−42 °C)

Droplets of supercooled water often exist in stratiform and cumulus clouds. They form into ice when they are struck by the wings of passing airplanes and abruptly crystallize. (This causes problems with lift, so aircrafts that are expected to fly in such conditions are equipped with a deicing system.) Freezing rain is also caused by supercooled droplets.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's just chemistry

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
There are conflicting statements by multiple agencies that state it is due to jets, then our space craft launches, to unused supercooled jet fuel. They really need to pick one and stick to it!

Why? There's nowt to hide - just various theories as to the causes (and there probably are multiple causes) which different agencies will mention according to what their own remit is and/or whom their audience is.

Originally posted by Mayan2012
most of the websites explaining this phenomena are controlled by the government.

Ah, you mean like the notorious, secretive, CIA controlled Cloud Appreciation Society ?

www.cloudappreciationsociety.org...

And I can assure you that those pictures are not photoshopped

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thank you Essan

hope you get better soon, my other half is laid up with a nasty flu at the moment too.

have you seen post about ice formation in scotland ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join