It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the vultures gather.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

So if anyone tells you, "There he is, out in the desert," do not go out; or, "here he is, in the inner rooms," do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well I tried to edit my above post and actually spent quite a bit of time making a well thought out post, but that didn't work, so now you have to deal with my second best.

(This isnt nearly as good as before)

Anyway, I will just say it short and sweet. Since Jews call birds of prey abominations then why do they associate and are propped up by a country that has a symbol of the most beautiful bird of prey there is - the Eagle?

What does this mean according to my last post above about when the birds of prey gather? Do any of you think that the above scripture is symbolic of the eagle gathering in the middle east?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think, just from what i've studied, that the eagle was substituted for the phoenix after the Chaldeans lost their sovreignity (and therefore also the key to life which is the resurrection of the phoenix...father to son...flaming bird to new born 'worm' or perhaps snake is what they really meant?)

And it was the 8th sign of the Zodiac where now we have Scorpio. 8 is the number of regeneration/resurrection.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

So if anyone tells you, "There he is, out in the desert," do not go out; or, "here he is, in the inner rooms," do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by ben91069]

This is very simplistic and true in many demensions. Even to see many claiming christ is in various areas. No doubt this wil only intensify!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I always took this passage to mean that the return and appearance of Christ will be unmistakeable....You could be miles and miles away from the lightning but still unmistakably see it. Likewise, the carcass of an animal could miles away, but the vultures gathering high above would still be visible.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
BTW ben, that's the wackiest avatar I've seen yet here on ATS!! I did indeed "laugh out loud".

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is this what people first thought when the Atomic Bomb was first tested. Some blind people could actually see the light...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Matthew 24 clearly describes these as signs that the apostles should look for during their own generation which would accompany the destruction of the temple. The apostles are dead, there generation is gone, and the temple was destroyed long ago. I don't see how this verse has anything to do with the present day.

"Wherefore if they shall say unto you (the apostles), Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together . . . Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled . . . therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

top topics

join