It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

free ats points

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
No response at all, TrueAmerican? Lazy admin (donthurt/banme)

lol, nah, not yet. I didn't really expect SO to respond, cause Lord knows he is one busy beaver and has a lot better things to do. But it might have been nice if one of the staff or counciler woulda said something in a quick response. We are constantly reminded to use the Idea/Complain button in the member center, and usually someone responds back in time. This time they didn't. No big deal. That's why it's curious to see all these positive responses to the idea is all, especially from some staff.

Surely ATS segregation is playing no part in this... I hope...

[edit on 29-1-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
How does one get negative points? I see people with them and I wonder.

Either getting warned or using combined points in the store to buy something that takes one type of point below zero (although the sum of points is still positive).

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Nygdan,
I only have enough points to buy an umbrella drink on your island. Will you be selling time shares?
*sigh* even in the internet world i bees po'.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Working on year number three here!!! Only ten and a half months to go.

Wow, We joined ATS on the very same day. You must spend a lot of points at the store!

Actually I'm saving mine up and when I get to 500,000 i'm going to buy a life

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't want free points unless it means it counts for those 100+ posts I need to get into the chatroom

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Somethingsomething, the post requirement has been reduced to 50, last time I checked. Right now, you have 52 posts. Try to get in!!

Disclaimer: AboveTopSecret.com member 'watch_the_rocks' (herein to be referred to as 'watch_the_rocks') in is no way responsible for any feeling of disappointment and/or bitterness towards the administration of AboveTopSecret.com or 'watch_the_rocks' if the facts contained within the above statement/s are incorrect or false in any way. In the unlikely case that facts in the above statement/s are false, 'watch_the_rocks' is prepared to offer a written apology.

[edit on 29/1/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Serious question, how long are we supposed to keep the current ATS points that we have now? Is this for a lifetime? Or will it expire in the future?

Another much more serious question here; can we use these ATS points to buy ATS gears like T-Shirt, caps etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
for crying out loud people , this is a DISCUSSION forum

giving points to " useless eaters " just for sitting there saying nothing , is just perverse

what if no one posted , we would all just sit here watching our points slowly rise , in silence

with the only activity being people changing thier dammed stupid avatarts < sic >

to shamelessly plaigerise RH , in " starship troopers " the motto of the MI [ MOBILE INFANTRY ] was :

" every body fights "

i propose the ATS motto be :

" everybody posts "

get writting

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You paying out my avatar, IA?

You saying it is a non-essential expression of my personal beliefs, interests, views and standings, and you would prefer that I display these and other things through another medium, if I am going to display them at all, IA?

You think avatars are only displayed by self centered, egotistical people who simply must impose these pictures that represent the only real way they are able to silently communicate for standing periods of time onto others, and you think that such people should not have this right?

You think people who display avatars have elements of narcissisticness? Is that what you're saying? You think I'm like that, IA?

-

nah, jk.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It couldn't be all bad could it? At least we are the ones who lasted over a week before being :banned: I better shut up now.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
we need ideas about what to DO with the points we have, rather than way to get more of them, no?

100,000 points buys you mod for a week with all the rights and 'button abilities' thereof. (including banning trolls)
I'D DEFINATELY SPEND IT!

25,000 turns off the T&C for a week and you can actually tell a troll what you think of them without having to worry about censors.

10,000 points buys you a one day access to those 'secret mod forums' where ya'll talk about us and complain about us when we post stupid things or when we whine.
I wanna' see!

edited to add - I should get to be a mod for a week for suggesting such a fine idea!
Gimme that darn 'banned button' to push!

[edit on 1/30/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I realy have agree with you there.

Mod Edit: BIG QUOTE

[edit on 1/31/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Points what is the point more points? Now serving free Points for everyone they are on the house, just kidding. Points should be for achievment, original ideas, research and donating time to ATS projects. Points for how many years I have been a member I do not think so my vote is no. I joined ATS as a member 25-12-04 but have not really been active on the threads until 4 months ago. The great thing about ATS everyone has an opinion. Rik Riley

[edit on 30-1-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
POINT WHORE!

Imagine my shock.

That would be a nice little bonus to have, who knows, maybe in the future?
Frequent poster something or other.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
How about setting up a blackjack game or something for points. Or any kind of gambling game. Poker, slots, go fish....hell I don't know. Give me a chance to blow all my points away!

[edit on 31-1-2007 by LuDaCrIs]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Seriously though, I think this is a good idea. Someone as myself, who has been a member for, well not that long, but for some time, and does not post often and rather enjoys the site for reading, rather than posting should be acknowledged in some way. Actually, the main reason for why I would be in favour of this is because of the WATS forum. I dont see myself ever getting enough points to gain even a months worth subscription

I dont give a damn about points, but I would like to gain access to WATS. In response to Mr Ape, I dont think people should be over encouraged to post as heaven is wide, as an avid reader of threads, I become highly annoyed with useless, pointless posts. And many times I have something to say in response to a thread, but simply refrain so as not to litter the thread.

Ex

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm A Point Whore.....
anybody have a lamppost I can lean against??

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Ex]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
I'm A Point Whore.....
anybody have a lamppost I can lean against??

Ex is on the stroll.

Take your pick of lamp posts.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i reckon you should get free ATS points for every year thats passes that you have been on ATS

feel free to knock the idea

I totally agree!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just want to take this opportunity to say specifically to mrwupy:

That is the COOLEST avatar I think I've ever seen!!
You are one of three other people that I've ever seen that know who Raistlin is.
Damed if he wasn't my hero growing up....
Outstanding!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join