It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Threads Always Die

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've always thought of doing a thread like this and I'd been thinking about above title.

Then again being a protestant, confession is not costumary to my culture, would be to much of a intimidation...
...the detached version of faith I was brought up on in the wellordered self-righteous hyginic society of my origine, hardly leaves room for self-admission. They do more in repression there.

Like most of us I can identify with nagging on vanity here. As already suggested threads are just as much about the information value as the discussion. Of course your ego feels best by lots of resplies, but as also been pointed out, there may be nothing to ad, or the the informations are all new to the board.

What it's about is psychology. The right title to connect the conspiracy synapsies of your fellow members and the right formulations to spur/provoce commemnts, you'll be sure of success. And let's be honest, the longest thread are often those where members disagreeing resorts to more or less personal biggering irrelevant to the thread topic.

But it's seen to go on for pages, and when a mod comes in with threats of banning or closing it really starts to become exiting. A simple strategy if you want your threads running, is to attract some outstanding antis (there are a few) to whatever the topic. Works especially with GW, immigrant and Muslim issues. It is not a way I recommend, it's just the way it works.

Cause let's be honest, even to a board like ATS, it is the tabloid thing that seems to be appealing.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
40 posts and counting.

Wish i'd thought of this. :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Some threads just need constant care and reposting! Most people search by the most recent, so update your post, it works!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This thread kicks @$$, what a genius topic!:w:
:w::shk:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Confessions of a thread killer

Actually what WhatUKno is talking about is thread suicide, not thread homicide, as you are inferring.

Thread suicide is when you kill your own thread. Thread killing or thread homicide is when you kill someone elses perfectly good thread.

And trust me, I know all about thread suicide. I even have a special batch of threads in the official trash bin, for good measure.

But I think the real reason for this thread is to counter all of those neglected theads.

Seems to be working as this is near the end of the third page.

One way to tell if you are a true thread killer is to gauge how many times your "subscribed threads" list in MyATS shows your name as the last poster.

2 cents

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
yea I have killed my share of threads before. mu hu ha ha ha. and I am sure that the cause of some of my threads dying was suicide.

thread I can't take it anymore I am a usless thread! ARGHHHHH (jumps )

Thanks for keeping this one allive all

[edit on 6-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Confessions of a thread killer

I've always thought of doing a thread like this and I'd been thinking about above title.

Then again being a protestant, confession is not costumary to my culture, would be to much of a intimidation...

Khunmoon,

I like the title of your post!
Did you ever think about writing a book for ATS on the Subject, and useing that title? It would be a classic!

Can't you just see it:

Confessions of a Thread Killer: How I Sleep with the Thought of all the ATS Theads I've Slaughtered!

Can anyone say: Best Seller?

Tim

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Confessions of a Thread Killer: How I Sleep with the Thought of all the ATS Theads I've Slaughtered!

I'm awaiting the right contract.

BTW, it'll be a two-volume. First one will give the background and be titled,
"Fear of Posting"

If successful, there might be a volume III, "My Secret Life as a Mod"

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I like it, "Fear of Posting in Las Vegas!" Then you could do "Silence of the Thread an insiders guide to threadslaughter in the 21st Century"

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just checking in to see how far its gone.

On a personal note my threads
usually die except for a nice few:bnghd:

So keep up the good work

Dont

or
Get

or
yourself to death
or
we will all get

No :shk: Mate

JuSt wanted tO say

Are you going to come out with the new "Thread Killa" logo, and album? or should I just

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thread killa I could do a gansta rapper kind of logo MU hu ha ha ha
Hey Mechanic that kinda sounds like a good Idea.

Good posts

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
now this is what I was talking about when I post something that could inspire some intelegent debate I get nada. Check out my latest dead thread.

my latest dead thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yah and to add.....every time I start enjoying a thread, people stop contributing...whhhaaahh BTW I LOVE your threads hahahha

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
Yah and to add.....every time I start enjoying a thread, people stop contributing...whhhaaahh BTW I LOVE your threads hahahha

Thank you! I apreciate that... BTW I want some people to contribute to my latest thread about the dangers of ana/mia it's important to me.

I know I find great threads that hold good promise then all of a sudden I am the last poster and everyone else looses interest. makes me sad.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r

Thank you! I apreciate that... BTW I want some people to contribute to my latest thread about the dangers of ana/mia it's important to me.

I know I find great threads that hold good promise then all of a sudden I am the last poster and everyone else looses interest. makes me sad.

Where is your ana/mia thread?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

You'd be surprised how often that happens.
I have heaps of threads in my fave's where i'm the last poster.
Ive either joined in at the wrong time or im as boring as hell, my moneys on the latter.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Ive either joined in at the wrong time or im as boring as hell, my moneys on the latter.

Or you're like me and occasionally have a deodorant malfunction.

j/k

[edit on 2/8/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I too have been guilty of "closing" threads. I like that word better, less terminal.

Great thread, I enjoyed all the tips.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Also, when I close my own threads I feel it's one of two reasons, I either A. Got my point across or
B. People got tired of hearing me rant......

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Good point. Now I can think of all my closed threads as this...

Since in my greatness I have covered all bases, there was just nothing to add or debate.

Thanks!

But I wonder if that would include the duplicate threads that made it into the trash bin.

[edit on 2/8/2007 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join