It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My professor works for Area 51???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I can testify that for any and all high level security locations both in the US and EU, badges are normaly white with nothing much on them but a barcode, magnetic strip, a serial number and sometimes the users name.

When I get my webcam working again I'll post a picture of my NATO badge.

Most who see it when I post it will most likely say its fake, which is the point of having high clearance badges look like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well i said psychology but criminology will do. Sounds like he's having a bit of fun with a student. Ask him if he can back it up, if he can't then it's pointless even wondering about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
First of all, there are no underground facilities at Area 51. What you see is what you get.

Shadowhawk I enjoy your input here but I would respectfully request that when you post statements such as "There are no underground facilities at Area 51" that you qualify that with "As far as I know," or "I have not seen any, been in any, or know anybody personally that has been in any underground facilities at Area 51." Any one of those statements will make your posts infinately more accurate. Oh, and just for the record, were you employed in any capacity at Area 51? Thanks.

I've never heard the phrase, "shut up, stupid," put so elequently before.

Seriously though, I agree. Any claim about Area 51 is almost impossible to back up.
And to the guy that started this, I'm pretty sure the military refers to Area 51 as Groom Lake AFB, of course, that's just a good guess. Mr Lear, help me out here. And if I were a professor I would mess with my students ALL THE TIME. It would be terribly easy and really fun. Think about it, students look up to professors with the kind of respect only toddlers give there parents.
I wish I could stay on ATS because Lear is here and, whether he's being straight up with us or not, he sounds like a good guy and he sure makes it interesting.
Imma go to the gym now...

one more thing, and this is a question for everyone, is there a thread on the Hudson Valley sightings in New York? I tried the search and turned up nothing.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

one more thing, and this is a question for everyone, is there a thread on the Hudson Valley sightings in New York? I tried the search and turned up nothing.

Haven't seen a thread but George Lesnick, Sr., one of the investigators, (along with Chris Clark, Fred Dennis, Phillip Imbrogno and Bob Pratt) who was a police Lt. in Fairfield, Ct. now lives in Vegas and works occasionally for my wife as an extra. He an I have spent many hours going over the incident.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think he is yanking your lanyard. In particular being part of a Criminal Justice class he may be attempting to teach you some kind of lesson about investigation and techniques, as well as psychology, "being lead on by a witness into something you want to believe in".

As other people have stated, official badges do not look like that. I'm familiar with DOE badges in the pastt and I have seen some Navy badges which look similar. They are
generally now like the size of a vertically oriented credit card, maybe slightly larger.

As stated, picture, number, some codes, colored boxes representing something, e.g. employee vs contractor vs military or clearance, and perhaps your name. In some places, e.g. CIA HQ the name is not always present.

And A51 is the popular name, nothing official.

I believe it is officially a branch of the Edwards Air Force Test Range or Detachment or something like that.

As to badges at on the site, it would be conceivable that employees would have "outside" badges in order to get on the flight/bus to the door, and perhaps there pick up their "inside" badges for their internal security reasons.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

First of all, there are no underground facilities at Area 51. What you see is what you get.

You are 100% wrong. Area 51 was a secret base, that designed and tested secret technology. The base was designed with security in mind, and you better believe there is multiple underground facilitys. The government would not store secret technology above ground, where satellites and other air born and even ground based devices could possibly see through the thin buildings with infrared, or x-ray, or any other wall piercing ultra magnetic / electromagnetic insturments, sonar sound mapping insturments, sound amplifying units, or even radio frequency analizers. Any type of possible threat to security has been thought of and planned for. Compromising security by holding Ultra Top Secret devices in thin aluminum hangars, or wood and drywall buildings, or even cinder block buildings, was not an option.

I guarantee you, that Area 51 has facilities at least 100 feet underground, with accoustic insulation, thermal insulation, and the facilities are also giant "Faraday" cages, to block outside static electrical fields. Also, there is much more to the facilitys security that is still classified to this day. But I quarantee you, that the Earth that surrounds the facility (since it is underground) was the very first primitve type of secruity.

Back on subject:

Original Poster, I'm sorry to say, but your teacher is pulling your chain. People are not allowed to look around in Area 51, they give you masks and special glasses to blur your vision, until you are in the area you need to be. They do not use paper badges, as they can be stolen, and security compromised.

Also, there is a few places for tourists to get a fake Area 51 badge made for a few dollars.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by 1150111]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
hmmm i think i have a Area 51 badge around my house somewhere...though its silver and all shiny with holoeffects and a fake barcode....yeah i got it from Universal Studios......did his look like that too?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Endgame:

In my opinion, not only is the badge shown you bogus, but anyone pretending to be connected to Area 51 is suspect in all areas of their
life.

Now, I don't doubt that your professor has at least a Masters degree, in something, or he likely would not be teaching in a college. Universities generally do run degree checks on their prospective hires. I do doubt the special forces part of his story. Unfortunately, I have met many individuals who claim to have been a Navy Seal or a Green Beret, super macho warrior to impress the ladies type, but can't answer the simplest question about their branch of the military, much less any M.I. branch. I have met persons who claim to have served in Vietnam who can't understand, acknowledge or even recognize ANY the common everyday vernacular of the military forces of the time. I always innocently test anyone I meet who makes such claims and keep the results to myself as a reference to their credibility for the future. Former Seals have a group that track down persons falsely making claims of service with them, and politely ask them to cease the nonsense. If they refuse their names are made public to shame them. (Jesse Ventura actually was a Seal)

Take your classes and graduate. Take this particular prof with a grain of salt. Base your future crime scene work on provable facts. Good luck to you.

Glenn

[edit on 26-1-2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Personally, I've always wondered if some of the researchers working as professors at U. of Nevada, UNLV, or U. of Utah might be working at some of the top-secret facilities in Nevada and/or Utah... or maybe even doing some of the less sensitive research for those facilities on campus, behind closed doors in the basements of the Physics, Chemistry, etc. buildings... Who knows?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Many people responded to the original post with good infrmation regarding the nature of genuine high-level access badges. Again I wish to include a link to a page that includes photos of actual Area 51 access badges:

roadrunnersinternationale.com...

Unfortunately, some responders also demonstrate shocking ignorance of the nature of the Groom lake facility itself.

"Area 51" is not just the popular designation. It was the official designation from late June 1958 to the late 1970s. That is how is was designated on official maps, documents and the metal badges worn by security guards at the site. Here is a link to some good information:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

I have interviewed numerous people who worked at the Groom Lake facility under its various names: Watertown, Area 51, DET 3 AFFTC. They included support personnel, security guards, test pilots, engineers, and even base commanders. These are not just people who claim to have worked at Area 51. These people actually worked there. It's verifiable through documentation. Some have photographs of themselves at Groom Lake.

These are the people who are saying there are no underground facilities at the base. They were in a position to know.

Yes. There is a high level of security at the base, but it is not very exotic. A few buildings have secure vaults, but that is no different from what you find at other bases such as Edwards. Ordinary surface structures are perfectly adequate for the security requirements and cost a good deal less than subterranean facilities.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing your professor, especially if he showed you his badge with a smile. I know two people who have worked in top-secret facilities. One at Sandia Labs here in New Mexico...Another for the DOE somewhere near Edwards AFB. I know that their demeanor changes instantly whenever I bring up anything about their job.

I love to ask to see if they will eventually share some info, as I love pondering about the top-secret technological aspects more than the whole ET business. Anyways I’m no expert of body language, but it’s amazing how he or she instantly acts different when the subject is brought up. Almost as if they have been subconsciously altered to act a certain way when the situation arises. Their eyes look to the left and right as if accessing stored information in their brains and their voices get lower. They kind of look around too, like someone could be watching them. I also even notice they sometimes slouch over. It's really weird.

All I ever got out of the one from the DOE was some info on prototype fusion reactor dealing with lasers amplified through millions of mirrors before hitting a single hydrogen atom. The one from Sandia Labs, she never said anything except acknowledging that there were interesting things going on. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
some fake badges, maybe you recognize one of these?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Personally if it were me, I'd meet him with skepticism til I could get more personal with him and identify with him more often.

SECOND of all, I WOULD NEVER go on ATS.com and brag about such an incident, that shows you're not ready for it, provided you're telling the truth. And you're doing a great harm against him by even releasing to this board what happened, putting yourself and him in danger.

I suggest to keep all future things about this secret, the board doesn't need to know. And those who watch these boards don't need to know.

Show some maturity and treat the situation well rather than posting on ATS.com of all things.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

These are the people who are saying there are no underground facilities at the base. They were in a position to know.

And certainly they would have breached security and violated their oathes to tell you, right Shadowhawk?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
And A51 is the popular name, nothing official.

Actually Area 51 comes from old government maps of the Nevada Test Site. The term is a reference to the old fallout grids of the nuclear test site. By random fate, the lake bed of Groom Lake just happened to be inside of grid 51 when they layed out the map.

There is an Area 1 out there as well. It a great place to find sand if you're looking for a sovineer from the test site, but as far as I know that all that's there.

Tim

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlearShadowhawk I enjoy your input here but I would respectfully request that when you post statements such as "There are no underground facilities at Area 51" that you qualify that with "As far as I know," or "I have not seen any, been in any, or know anybody personally that has been in any underground facilities at Area 51." Any one of those statements will make your posts infinately more accurate. Oh, and just for the record, were you employed in any capacity at Area 51? Thanks.

Mr. Lear, I enjoy your involvement in ATS but I respectfully request that when you post statements such as "There are ____", or "There is _____", or "I know _____" that you qualify that with "As far as I know..." or "My personal belief..." or "I have no evidence, but I believe..." or "This is just pure conjecture..." -- Any one of those statements will make your posts infinately more accurate. Thanks.

This blade has two edges.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As naieve as your quest may be i sympathize......
I think yer prof. wanted to teach you that you should trust no ones testimony without first getting some verification in an itelligent and apropraite mannor.
Which i dont believe you have accomplished by publicising this incident here or anywehere else...........
Your own competance as an investigator is compromised through your public and dangerous inquiries.
Yourfirst mistake is underestimating the seriousness of your actions here.....
better luck next time, you failed the test.....

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
yeesh

[edit on 27-1-2007 by bergle]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I laugh at the people who say there is no underground facilities in Area 51, and say it was to expensive to make. LOL.

Air Force with a , underground boring machine. LOL

[edit on 27-1-2007 by 1150111]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

Mr. Lear, I enjoy your involvement in ATS but I respectfully request that when you post statements such as "There are ____", or "There is _____", or "I know _____" that you qualify that with "As far as I know..." or "My personal belief..." or "I have no evidence, but I believe..." or "This is just pure conjecture..." -- Any one of those statements will make your posts infinately more accurate. Thanks.

mister.old.school I respectfully ask you to read my signature tag. That statement was put there specifically to avoid putting the above mentioned disclaimer in each and every post that I make. Nice try though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join