It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran Preparing to Put Satellite in Orbit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
firstly i am only replying to Iran and the issue at hand with it launching a sat into orbit, cant be pissed to write an entire reply dedicated to the US and its WOT since thats for another topic

1. Bravo to Iran if its launching its own sat into space

2. so what if its a deffence sat?
the higher the chances of it spotting enemy aircraft and so forth the less chance they will be attacked. since they can easily target and destroy enemy forces.

3. i dont see why Israel should get its nickers in a twist Iran alreday has the missiles to target anywhere in Israel so whats changed?

4. Low orbit prove Iran is building nukes as states on so many topics on ATS no one has even proven that. so if you can post some hard facts showing Iran is building nukes feel free

if not then you know what to do

also habullah and so forth are only seen as terrorist by few countries and like the US it arms and gives funds to groups to fight its proxy wars so i dont see why americans always take the moral high ground when their own goverment does the same except on larger scale.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Brodul, you know how it goes when it comes with US propaganda and the ones that take not time to see behind the veil of deception.

See not evil hear no evil, occurs unless is one of the evil regimes.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The "War on Terror" is a crock - we're currently playing nice-nice with the MEK for instance - a terrorist group. But since they're launching terrorist attacks on Iranians, it's OK... The "War On Terror" is basically a convenient set of excuses to go around bombing people we don't like.

I'd be all for a "War on Al Qaeda" - you know, the people who actually attacked us - but the "War on Terror" is BS.

As far as this satellite goes, BFD.
It's a satellite they're putting into orbit, not a nuclear warhead for Pete's sake.

As far as Israel's objection to Iran's existing satellite - their objection seems to be that it will give Iran a warning if the Israelis choose to attack them. Well cry me a river...

I'm no fan of the Iranian theocracy by any means, but frankly some of the hysteria about Iran borders on the delusional...

Iran is not going to be launching any ICBM's at the US or EU anytime soon, or Israel for that matter. All of the above have the means to turn Iran into a sheet of radioactive glass in less than an hour.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Destroying the world in a Jihad. They real fear in the world should not be terrorist, or Iraq it should be the two craziest countries in existance. Iran and North Korea. If both countries were to disappear in nuclear cloud it would be a great day for the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Destroying the world in a Jihad. They real fear in the world should not be terrorist, or Iraq it should be the two craziest countries in existance. Iran and North Korea. If both countries were to disappear in nuclear cloud it would be a great day for the world.

wow you scare me
remember the site motto Deny ignorance (take that to mind)

and the only country we should fear is the one out there right now doing all the action not the ones that arent doing anything

the only thing that would be great is that the people that call for war and death of others just disapeard off the face of the planet (no one has the right to take a life or call for somones death regardless of whom they are)

just so you know Jihad means struggle
ones way to improve them selves and to strive against that of internal battles.

marg thats life there will always be people that want to just see one side of a story (and this for people on both sides of the issue)

[edit on 26-1-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'd to thank Marge for always keeping it real first off, and secondly who in gods name decided that a country can't send up a Satellite to either defend itself or for more civil or commercial purposes? To some, it's almost an inalienable right and as obvious, to some, like the poster, a clear sign of insincerity of space (
) and an obvious move to deter Israeli warplanes from breaching Iranian space - has defense also become a crime?

You silly war mongers will bite at anything justify a war against Iran.

Luxifero

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Luxifero]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I am quite proud of Iran frankly. They produce their own automobiles, have great education, probably one of the top 5 Muslim nations with respect towards the women, are able to hold their own at the moment while being almost completely surrounded by enemies (I.E. occupied Iraq, Afghanistan, US friendly Pakistan, US naval infested Persian gulf), relatively independant on their energy neds and they have managed now to lay the foundations for a space program.

And with such a harsh mountanious terrain covering the majority of the nation (making ANY attempted land invasion of Iran a suicide mission causing a large decimation of forces), they have done quite a good job of maintaing peaceful diplomatic relations with most of the world East of Europe, as well as some of South and Central America.

Let us hope that Iran is able to maintain its patience against Western Imperialist slander and intimidation tactics at least until the leadership changes in a couple of years.

I would like the day when I will not have to be afraid of traveling to Iran to do business and enjoy their culture because I may be labeled a terrorist supporter or unpatriotic or whatever. The main thing that bothers me is that I would probably remain on a watch list forever. Whatever who cares, I aint doing nothing wrong there, Ima just do it anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join