It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran Preparing to Put Satellite in Orbit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It appears that thanks to the cooperation between Iran and North Korea, Iran is ready to send it's own ICBM into low orbit via a converted shahab-3 rocket. Although reports say Iran is planning on sending a satelite into space this time others speculate that if this works Iran will be using the shahab-3 as an ICBM(Inter-continent balistic missile).

www.foxnews.com
Iran may be preparing to launch a satellite into orbit, according to a report in the Jan. 29 issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine.

• Click here to read the full article.

The reported Iranian space launcher, which U.S. intelligence agencies believe to be a derivation of the Shahab 3 ballistic missile, has recently been assembled and "will liftoff soon" with a satellite, according to Iranian officials.

Western officials fear that the Iranian space vehicle could lead to upgrades in Iran's missile technology, eventually leading to an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) with a range capable of reaching Europe, Russia, China and India, the magazine reports.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I sincerely believe Iran cares nothing for space and this is only about escalating fears about a possible war between Iran and the West. This is another sign that Iran is not backing down and instead they are getting ready for a potential conflict.

For me it appears as if Iran is attempting to start their very own Space Program. Which reminded me where and how America's Space Program got started. My question is will Iran follow America's example in space, look.

This is how America started its space program
www.elgranpoder.com...
Is this who Iran will send?
www.cfr.org...

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Just for clarification, Iran already has one satellite up there. This is something that concerns Israel alot. It would be able to detect low flying aircraft coming in low under the radar long before the border crossing that would happen in flight

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I know this isn't Iran's first satellite but was it the first one Iran shot itself into space? Could the US use it's antisatellite tech to knock this out of space if it does successfully get launched?

Could Israel or the US target this ICBM before it leaeves orbit? What is the best attack strategy against this then?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think the real concern would be the advancement in technology toward an ICBM which could reach as far as 2500 miles......

improvements in space launches could help Iran build an intercontinental ballistic missile with a range of almost 2,500 miles, according to the magazine.

Their advancements are making everyone nervous.......

[edit on 26-1-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The question that remains is can the US and allies afford to see Iran launch this ICBM and satellite?

Will this satellite in any way effect the carrier groups in the gulf?
One previous poster stated that it will give the Iranians a better low altitude radar vs aircraft, rockets, and missiles, is there a link to that info?

While everyone knows that this is propaganda how do the Iranians intend to use it to their interests?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yes there is a link I found:

Another major worry for Israeli pilots is Iran's first satellite. Carried into orbit by a Russian booster in October 2005, the Sinah-1 can provide a "look down" capability to spot low-flying aircraft long before they intrude Iranian airspace.

"The Iranians' space programme is a matter of deep concern to us," said an Israeli defence source at the time. "If and when we launch an attack on several Iranian targets, the last thing we need is Iranian early warning received by satellite."
www.rense.com...

(haven't quite figured out the external news source link yet, sorry)

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So now Iran is going to attack Israel and US from Space.

The sky is falling and we better start getting those underground bunkers going.

Is everything Iran does supposedly to be a hazard to Israel and the US?

Or that is how the propaganda machine is getting us ready for public opinion geared to support Bushes imminent attack on Iran?

I wonder, it seems that lately we are getting a lot of propaganda pointing in that direction.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Marg - "So now Iran is going to attack Israel and US from Space."

Who said this Marg, can you quote one of us or do you have a link?

And what do YOU think this "space rocket" is really about? You little nay-sayer you!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Or that is how the propaganda machine is getting us ready for public opinion geared to support Bushes imminent attack on Iran?

Actually the link I posted above is mainly about how "purportedly" The US turned back two separate Israeli airstrikes going into Iran. So on the surface at least it appears we are holding back the whackos from lighting the fuse so to speak

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
thanks ARkangel4time,

Thanks for the link, interesting I have not idea that something like that purportelly happen.

Fron the link LowOrbit,

The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. "Once Iran learns how to put 300 kilograms into earth orbit, it could adapt the satellite launcher into an ICBM that could drop more than 300 kilograms anywhere in the world."

So . . .I wonder, from where the links to Iran attacking somebody from space came.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There needs be no PR Machine for war this time around. The Iranian Government makes the case strong enough. I.E..

Governement acknowledges it funds groups seen by the US government as Terrorist Organizations such as Hezbollah. Iran has been covering up a covert Nuclear program for 20 plus years. Iran is woking to weaponize space and build nukes at the same time they support terror, nuff said.

I don't believe that article for many reasons.
1. it was written by Will Thomas, check out his site, www.willthomas.net...
2. he is the ONLY one reporting this story. yea right, why would he get the exclusive, lol.
3. it was posted on Rense.com, no offense Rense.com but they ain't The Chicago Tribune.

So, this is not PROOF of anything except for bad evidence of something.

Marg - "quote:
The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. "Once Iran learns how to put 300 kilograms into earth orbit, it could adapt the satellite launcher into an ICBM that could drop more than 300 kilograms anywhere in the world."

So . . .I wonder, from where the links to Iran attacking somebody from space came."

Yea, but you said, "So now Iran is going to attack Israel and US from Space." in your previous post, explain how and why Iran is going to attack Israel and US specifically and why Iran is going to attack them from Space, where are your quotes and links to support that?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sorry to burst you bubble but that is what the entire reason for the article was made, to instigate the seed to what Iran can be capable off if they get that good in the future.

After all they want to desimate Israel and US their evil prime minister is always talking about. Right.

Just like we should attack Iran because our administration thinks that they will attack Israel if they get technological advance and acquired nuclear power.

Same old BS Orbit.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I don't believe that article for many reasons.
1. it was written by Will Thomas, check out his site, www.willthomas.net...
2. he is the ONLY one reporting this story. yea right, why would he get the exclusive, lol.
3. it was posted on Rense.com, no offense Rense.com but they ain't The Chicago Tribune.

So, this is not PROOF of anything except for bad evidence of something.

Low Orbit]

For the record I take a lot of those articles with a large grain of salt...that being said, there are so many blatant instances of the Main stream media refusing to cover, or spinning a story so far away from truth, that I seriously dont believe anything of importance from the monopolized government influenced MSM at all.

Not to veer off topic too much, but to prove this, read some MSM from non US papers to see how much they try not to tell us.

ok back on topic

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry to burst you bubble but that is what the entire reason for the article was made, to instigate the seed to what Iran can be capable off if they get that good in the future.

After all they want to desimate Israel and US their evil prime minister is always talking about. Right.

Just like we should attack Iran because our administration thinks that they will attack Israel if they get technological advance and acquired nuclear power.

Same old BS Orbit.

So you think we should jeopardize millions of lives and let Iran obtain nuclear technology so they can build as many nukes as they want?

What if we do let them get Nuke tech and they let a couple go and millions of civilians die, would you feel bad then? Would it still be Bush's fault?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
I know this isn't Iran's first satellite but was it the first one Iran shot itself into space? Could the US use it's antisatellite tech to knock this out of space if it does successfully get launched?

Could Israel or the US target this ICBM before it leaeves orbit? What is the best attack strategy against this then?

Iran has as much right to develop and operate a space prgram as any other nation.

As long as Iran adheres to the principle of "Peaceful Use", NO other nation has the right to interfere In Any Way with an orbiting Iranian satellite or its launch vehicle; regardless of any "percieved" (or would that be "preconceived"?) potential "future threat".

Such interference would be an act of open aggression tantamount to a declaration of war, and would sanction Iran to take ANY action it determined as appropriate in its self-defense.

Do you really want to give Iran an Excuse to launch a direct offensive against Israel and/or the US?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yes, Bhad, if the Iranians also intend on creating nuclear weapons behind the World Communities back I think it is completely acceptable to go in and do a preemptive strike. Especially if those strikes could hurt their nuclear program and set their ability back for several years.

Terrorists exploit people.
Ahmadinejad is a terrorist.
Iran is getting a nuke.

All 3 make for a cocktail America could not possibly tolerate.
Murder is an awful thing, however we should also consider magnitude of this. If we do a surgical air attack on Iran there will be limited casualties during the first strike. Thus, it would be Iran's choice if it wants to inflict casualties not the US'. It is not in the US' interest to kill millions of Iranians and the world knows this.

There is no way we would put ourselves in a situation where we could be exploited with a Nuke by Iran, never, that is why the second carrier group is on its way.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The problem is. . . that our government already has made a commitment of targeting anything Iran does as a thread to Israel, US and the world.

So it doesn't matter what they do is always be for nefarious purposes because our government that refused diplomatic talks with Iran say so.

Because is not about diplomacy but about targeting the Iran nation for military action.

Low Orbit did US stop, Pakistan, India, China, Russia and North Korea from having nuclear power?

Can they be also a threat to our nations security? so why Iran is the target here.

Oh, I got it . . . because Israel.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes Marg, those nations can also be a threat to American security, especially if they have a connection to terrorism. A connection to terrorism is not enough to make them threats to the US. What can make them national threats to us is if their terrorist links are tied in with their governments as they are in Iran and North Korea.

Many countries make terrorists, any country could and never know it, those countries are more or less innocent, and should never be attacked however we should be able to strike in those countries if need be. However the countries that have terrorists plotting terrorist attacks within their government and with nuclear and biological weapons such as Iran and North Korea probably have they should be attacked and rightfully so.

America should not be exploited if we can prevent it. There are jerks in this world and we have the power and the will to take them out and we should!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
America should not be exploited if we can prevent it. There are jerks in this world and we have the power and the will to take them out and we should!

I will have to say that our exploitation is from within, but that is another topic.

Yes I agree that we need protection I feel that our nation is holding to its superiority very hard in this time and age due to emerging superpowers.

But going against the world is not a good way to do it.

Because obviously is has accomplished nothing and already we have enemies with nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"Because obviously is has accomplished nothing and already we have enemies with nuclear power."

It's statements like those that spread indifference to the War on Terror. Like we didn't have the same enemies inside and outside our country before the war. I'd say there has been great progress made through the War on Terror, two nations that use to be tyrannies are now democracies. Both nations use to be unchallenged training grounds for terrorists at least now they are being challenged. We have not had a terrorist attack since 9/11 on the US.

Regardless of what would of happened since 9/11 there is nothing out there that could possibly change the fact that the bleeding heart of marg believes Bush is losing the war on terror. All terrorists could line up tomorrow and turn in their weapons and bombs and give a televised interview surrendering and Marg would still proclaim the War on Terror is helpless. What does the US need to do in your picture to have achieved victory in Iraq or on Terror Marg, seriously?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join