It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights 'not of this world' mystery finally solved-HAHA ( I LOVE IT)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thats it, the government said it was just flares (once again) so all is solved, lets us forget about it and move on HEHEE.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

this is hilarious

why no ballon, kite, lampshade, ball or heatlightning, candle, swamp gas, venus, moon, lens flare, ice, snow, sun refelction, weather, cloud, meteor, comet,russian rocket, spacejunk/debris,...flare is lame...no fun at all.

they're always using the same excuses...it's so obvious.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow, they actually picked a better excuse than the usual "solar flare" story.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy

this is hilarious

why no ballon, kite, lampshade, ball or heatlightning, candle, swamp gas, venus, moon, lens flare, ice, snow, sun refelction, weather, cloud, meteor, comet,russian rocket, spacejunk/debris,...flare is lame...no fun at all.

they're always using the same excuses...it's so obvious.

I think they created this flare at AREA 51 just so they can use it for occasions like this.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Heh-I would think that the air-force colonel would be able to distinguish military flares from unidentified objects, seeing how his entire career was spent in the field. Flares generally illuminate the parachutes above them, as well as leave a smoke trail that's nearly always visible. They must think people are mentally handicapped to buy some of the ridiculous rubbish they spew out.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OK

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I would like to see some photos of those "special" flares they are using, does anyone have any or a video. All I can find is that FLARES usually have a downward motion and last about 5 minutes MAX 7 minutes with a parachute and they leave a vapor or smoke trail, and they all burn with a flickering light.
These answers that it is a flare are obviously propaganda!
I can not believe what they say to be a true statement, a military officer knows what flares are and what they look like, there is something else there.
why not call it ball lightning or swamp gas ...they are running out of good coverup stories. LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"When are the media going to stop listening to the government's crap and report the truth?"

WORD

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Heh-I would think that the air-force colonel would be able to distinguish military flares from unidentified objects, seeing how his entire career was spent in the field.

Quote from article:
"Are you trying to tell us that a retired Air Force colonel doesn't know the difference between flares and lights from a UFO? But the Air Force trusted him enough to fly F-16s, multi-million dollar jets?"

that almost made me fall off my chair.

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
They must think people are mentally handicapped to buy some of the ridiculous rubbish they spew out.

that exactly how i feel,

i just think this is a 21st centurie's version of a weather balloon, BUT, this time they have fancy ass schematics to try to persuade US.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
hiii_98,

that video was cool! if i saw that at night i wouldnt be in the alien forum but in the mythical beast forums telling everyone i saw a phoenix!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Are there any better photos than the out-of-focus orange dot?
Focusing always seems to be a problem..

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Could be a cover up, but it could also be flares. The way the guy explained the sighting does sound like he saw some flares. By the way, why are flares dropped at night anyways?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think this type of flare is used to illuminate an area, such as a battlefiled.
On parachutes for a slow descent.

There would be no use for this, in the daylight.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I like your explanation Hill_98, its always good to keep an open mind.

Cheers
Diane

AUFORN Qld
www.auforn.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I posted this in an earlier thread but I thought it should belong here as well.

"I was kind of surprised," said Mark Kirby, president and CEO of EIC Research, Inc.
When Kirby did a black-and-white analysis of the yellow light image, he noted "it looks like a clean silhouette of someone sitting behind a console or flight control."
Kirby, who says he doesn't really believe in extraterrestrial life from elsewhere in the universe, wondered, "Could this be the first actual photo of visitors from another planet?"

Source

[edit on 26-1-2007 by squiz]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think the footage is a U.S. Air Force C-17 transport plane which releases decoy flares when under atttack. The flares are high-intensity IR radiation flares which are used to draws heatseeking missiles away from the aircraft.

Cheers
Diane

www.auforn.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
also described as A10 warthogs dropping flares, the phoenix lights have baffled the best for some time.
But most assuredly flares,they were not!
More US/ BS

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad
"When are the media going to stop listening to the government's crap and report the truth?"

WORD

Ditto that thought. As an observation over the years, access to high governmental figures (press conference questions & interviews), seem to be attached to how well media channels keep their mouths shut. Not exclusively to NOT airing reports regarding the UFO problem, but I feel other government-sensitive media reporting as well.

eg: When Pres Bush give a press conference he uses a list of what networks and press associates he'll point to or refer to by reporter name for a question. This sort of thing, in my opinion, is based on how well that particular network performed since the last conference or other conferences from the Pentagon and such, including non-reporting or questioning of notable UFO cases.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Are there any better photos than the out-of-focus orange dot?
Focusing always seems to be a problem..

Didn't you hear? UFO's have a device on board that prevents any form of focusing on them at any time. So it's impossible to know for sure what they are!

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join