It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Site Kicks GI's when their Down Sleeping on the Ground

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
awesome. i applaud these mattress owners for standing up for what they belive...and showing the government that we don't have to support their war blindly.

all u pro military people stop your whining...if the soldjers needs cots, tell the USA GOVERNMENT TO GET IT FOR THEM. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S WHY AMERICANS PAY TAXES. It's not our fault ppl in the military were to stupid or to poor to get any other job then killing people. they can deal with whatever happens to them.

i think these mattress store owners should get a medal of honor or something, becuase that is seriously awesome. it's not the USA citizens job to support a ware THAT MOST OF AMERICA DOESN'T EVEN AGREE WITH OR BELIEVE IN ANYMORE. If we can't violently overthrow the government, at LEAST we can protest and not send them supplies and help them.

don't feel sorry for these soldjers, they brought it apon themselves.

and once again, much praise to those awesome mattress store owners!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
awesome. i applaud these mattress owners for standing up for what they belive...and showing the government that we don't have to support their war blindly.

all u pro military people stop your whining...if the soldjers needs cots, tell the USA GOVERNMENT TO GET IT FOR THEM. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S WHY AMERICANS PAY TAXES. It's not our fault ppl in the military were to stupid or to poor to get any other job then killing people. they can deal with whatever happens to them.

i think these mattress store owners should get a medal of honor or something, becuase that is seriously awesome. it's not the USA citizens job to support a ware THAT MOST OF AMERICA DOESN'T EVEN AGREE WITH OR BELIEVE IN ANYMORE. If we can't violently overthrow the government, at LEAST we can protest and not send them supplies and help them.

Yes it is the AMERICAN business owners right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. I wonder if they have the same right in Pakistan where the owner is from?? The issue here is mostly nil because they do not ship to APO's anyways ... so they couldn't ship him the pad even if they wanted to.

Yes any business can protest and not provide business to any soldier if they want. But they can also expect a big backlash from their community that may lead to them closing their doors. Just as they don't have to service you or me, I don't have to give them by business.

How would you react if you went into a business and they refused service to you because you are against the war? You would of course agree that it was "awesome" for them to show their political side like that, correct? It's definitely within their rights but most business stay away from political issues because all their after is the end dollar.

Your absolutely right that the government should be supplying everything neccessary to do their job. But I think most of us have purchased our own "supplies" to be used at work because the ones provided didn't quite meet our needs or taste. It's no different in this case.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Nice. I guess 4 years at an accredited college and a Bachelors of Science degree and 11 years of dedicated service as a military aviator makes me stupid and poor.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
not often but every so often someone says something that make me really question why i spent 12 years of my life actually CARING if some people had the right to spew whatever bs came to mind.

maybe thats what makes me "stupid". the fact i actually cared.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The fact that someone with your grammatical, spelling and capitilisation-challenged writing calls anyone else stupid is an impressive feat of self-delusion.

What are you going to accept next? Where does your policy (which is effectively discrimination against military personnel) end? Let's all backslap the store owner who doesn't want to sell their goods to black folk. Or maybe women shouldn't have the vote?

Protest all you want to the Government. But the minute you start advocating discrimination, you step over a line that is difficult to return from. Your (and anyone elses) personal views on the war shouldn't stop a military person from buying freely available products out of their own pocket, should they choose to do so.

And for crying out loud, at least try to write in a way that shows that Second Grade taught you something.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Willard856]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You are a pathetic, ungrateful excuse for an American citizen and a human being and I truly hope that you aren't as ignorant and pathetic in real life as your comments portray you to be. You know nothing of hardship or sacrifice for country and the fact that you have the right to sit on your spoiled lazy a** and type that idiotic filth should give you some indication of the sacrifices that the men and women who have come before you have made to make it possible. You should be ashamed of yourself, but no doubt you are probably just some punk kid who's mama and daddy never taught him the value and the meaning of the words courage, commitment and respect. These people are fighting and dieing every day to protect and defend our country and you have the nerve and the sheer audacity to make hateful and stupid statements like those? People like you are the reason that this country is spiraling down the drain and you make me sick. I hope you live to eat your words.

Oh and...remember... the door is always open and you are more than welcome to leave this country at any point and time that you see fit.

Don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on the way out

**Sorry mods.....ban me if you see fit...but that needed to be said**

MBF

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
A cousin of mine went to Iraq in January 2005-January 2006. From the October of 2004 til April 2005, he didn't even get a paycheck. His wife and kids had got to the point that they didn't even have much food in the house.

That ain't nothing but wrong. He was over there getting shot at and blown up and they wouldn't even pay him.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I am really ashamed you would say something

like that. :shk:

Someone who is sleeping on a cold floor in the process of protecting our country deserves better.

And nobody is more against this war than i am.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've been to Taji.

Camel spiders are interesting creatures.

The can be rather large (I've seen some about 5 to 6 inches).

They sense the vibrations from animals, even the heartbeats of those who are sleeping. They don't run in the other direction, but instead they move towards the source of the vibrations.

They can leap at least 5 feet from what i was briefed on.

They are not poisonous, however .....

They numb and area by injecting their venom .....

And they feed for a while, while their food source is unaware .....

And, yes, i have seen one guy who woke up in the morning with a 1/2 inch deep hole in their thigh, almost as big as a quarter round.

Although they are not poisonous, they do carry diseases.

Bad matress company.

wasn't Wisconsin a state that voted for a second Bush administration?

Who's policy is this? the administrations.

I didn't read through the whole thread, sorry.

I read the intro. Anything after that might invoke my dark side.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

What countries have you been to?

Nevermind.

I'm Active Duty Air Force since 1998.
I've spent an accumilated 2 years, 8 months in war zones.

I forgive you for your harsh words.
Why?
Because i know your words do not originate from experience, and that the information you have available to you must be limited, given the contribution that you have made.

I forgive you. Sleep well friend,
john

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That's quite enough.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how wrong-headed, cruel, or illogical that opinion might be, but the instant you start attacking your fellow members, that all goes out the window.

You are not entitled to attack your fellow members. Period. Review the T&Cs if you're unclear about any aspect of the rules. Here's the Link

If you disagree with someone's point of view, then say so. Attack the argument, not the person making it.

So, enough. No more personal insults. I understand that it's an emotional topic, but there are few topics these days that arent', and if we can't learn to discuss and debate without attacking one another, I suggest that we might be better off jousting or, better yet, clubbing one another with tree limbs just to get it over quicker.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas

Yes it is the AMERICAN business owners right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. I wonder if they have the same right in Pakistan where the owner is from

The Story itself suggests that the owner of the company is Asian American and that his family is originally from Pakistan, but does not say that he is. It is entirely possible that he was born on US soil and is to all extents as American as you are.

The story also clearly states that an employee of the company sent the email, not the owner himself. Your point here is misguided and uses the race issue where it is not necessarily the case.

You've fallen into the exact trap the person who wrote the story and published it wanted you to.

[edit on 24/0107/07 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well that shows you how crappy the DoD is, when they can't get mats to the soldiers that forces them to go beg like bums to hostile companies. The Army issued me a cot, foam pad and sleeping bag, and it's all standard issue. I hear now they even have SGI's aka self inflating sleeping mats.

So why aren't these soldiers being issued what they are suppose to have!?

Maybe it's time to give the supply sergeant a sock party, you grunts will know what that means.

As for the mattress company, they should know they won't say in business by pissing off potential customers and could of just said, "No, we don't ship to APOs"...and many companies don't.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You are a pathetic, ungrateful excuse for an American citizen and a human being and I truly hope that you aren't as ignorant and pathetic in real life as your comments portray you to be .... blah blah blah....

Land of the free, home of the brave?

Or more like freedom of speech as long as it suits the administration of the time and convinient thinking?

This post went beyond the pale. The poster to whom you refer is as entitled to his opinon as you are.

Is this really how you would like to see your country portrayed on an international message board?

The reason I ask is that it appears that you want to choke this persons right to have an opinon, and think it is a good idea to remove him from your country if he has a different opinion to yours.

Is that what the United States of America is about?

Are you leading by example there?

If so, what makes you any different from the radical Extremists that you are fighting who also refuse to see any other way and think that those who disagree with them need to be removed?

[edit on 24/0107/07 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Regenmacher

Well shows you how crappy our DoD is, when they can't get mats to the soldiers and forces them to go beg like bums to outside sources. The Army issued me a cot, foam mat and sleeping bag when I was in Kuwait, so something is seriously wrong their supply system...

There is something seriously wrong with the supply chain, a few things actually. Kuwait was a much different situation.

Most everything moves by air now, out of necessity. The roads are insecure, and in terrible condition (much worse than anyone would admit during the planning phase). On top of that, the system used for organizing supply delivery is screwed up and nobody knows how to fix it, last I heard.

Link

It wasn't long ago that I read about troops using captured rifles because spare parts weren't being delivered, drinking local water, sleeping under tanks because nobody thought to provide tents, running out of fuel, ammunition, and living on subsistence rations.

:shk:

It's a giant screw-up anyway you look at it, and nobody wants to talk about it because it will supposedly affect morale. Nonsense. Not talking about it means not doing anything about it, and not doing anything about it will affect morale a Hell of a lot more.

Apparently a big part of the problem is that the people organizing this farce have no understanding of just what they've gotten themselves into, look at this:

www.defenselink.mil...

On the second anniversary of Operation Iraqi Freedom’s “shock and awe” attacks on Baghdad, the Army’s senior logistician today described the challenges and changes involved in keeping today’s forces equipped and on the move, compared to past conflicts. Three primary differences distinguish the war on terror from wars of the past, Lt. Gen. Claude V. Christianson said in an interview with the Pentagon Channel and American Forces Press Service.

The first is the enemy itself. “Today we face an enemy unlike any we have ever seen before,” he said. The second is the physical geography. This is the first war in which U.S. forces do not “own all the land” he said, referring to the noncontiguous nature of the battle space. There are “little islands that are relatively secure,” he said, “but they are not well-connected.”

This poses all kinds of problems, Christianson said. “You have to be able to secure very long lines of communication -- routes that can stretch up to 400 miles from the source of supply to the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that need those supplies.”

:shk:

Has history, specifically military history, become a sleep-through-it-and-pass subject?

An enemy unlike any other? Nonsense. First time the USA doesn't own all the land? Nonsense. Where did he get his information?

We experienced both those conditions in Vietnam and, apparently, learned nothing from the failures that defined that war. We were fighting essentially the same enemy (highly mobile, highly motivated, loose C&C, comparatively primitive weapons employed to devastating effect through the use of guerilla tactics, combatants skilled at blending into the GP, home-field advantage) - just different terrain, and we had the same exact problems in regards to controlling territory.

We spend most of that war in isolated firebases that had to be supplied by air because the roads were either too dangerous or too poorly-maintained to be a feasible option.

What's different now? Very little, IMO...

Folks need to face facts. This war is not for the benefit of Iraqis, it's not even for the benefit of the United States, it's for the benefit of a small group of politically-connected contractors who make their money regardless of how royally they screw up. The soldiers suffer, the Iraqis suffer, the taxpayers suffer, and the only ones who are happy are the ones selling dirty water, sub-standard services, and other assorted useless crap to a government that's so stuffed with revolving door jockies, it's standing room only.

That's not even counting the Iraqi parasites who are selling out their country and laughing all the way to the bank. :shk:

Seriously, our collective butt is in the breeze, because winning the war, preserving lives, protecting ideals, and attaining objectives are not as important as PROFIT.

This is a war in the name of market penetration - we're subsidizing it with our money and with the lives of our children. The future of our country is at stake.

But for God's sake, don't blame the soldiers. Many of them just don't know what's going on, or they believe that their duty to their country outweighs their personal misgivings. They're victims of this farce, second only to the Iraqis we've pitted them against.

Poor people from one country, tricked into fighting poor people from another country, so that rich people who have no national loyalty can get a little bit richer, live a little bit larger, and provide even more advantages to their otherwise unremarkable offspring.

Makes me

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Poor people from one country, tricked into fighting poor people from another country, so that rich people who have no national loyalty can get a little bit richer, live a little bit larger, and provide even more advantages to their otherwise unremarkable offspring.

Makes me

Yeah I know Wyrde, this whole PC conjob war does nothing but piss me off too...from abusing our own soldiers to massacring 1000's Iraqi innocents all for the sake of commodity and defense contracts. Now these fat crooks can't even supply the soldiers with $2 mats?! I think we need to ship the entire US congress over to Iraq and make them sleep on the ground butt naked and covered in syrup!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

It's not our fault ppl in the military were to stupid or to poor to get any other job then killing people. they can deal with whatever happens to them.

Oh how first impressions lay so many bricks.

You sit behind a god damn computer monitor speaking ill about young men and women who put their life on the line. And for what? To Defend You!. I think I'll stop before I find myself in hot water.

Soldjers. Apon.

I'm not even American, but what you have said has really hit hard. If I were an American, and lucky enough to be your neighbor, you would hear a few knocks on the door.

You don't have to support the war itself, but you should respect what these men and women are doing. Some of the soldiers themselves may not believe in the war, but they understand what respect is. Unfortunately, some of us don't.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What is more horrible than the way the GI was treated by the mattress company is the way they are treated by the United States Government. No GI should have to beg a private company for sleeping pads.
It is time to find out why Bush's buddies who have the contracts to supply the troops in Iraq are short changing them on supplies.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
That's quite enough.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how wrong-headed, cruel, or illogical that opinion might be, but the instant you start attacking your fellow members, that all goes out the window.

You are not entitled to attack your fellow members. Period. Review the T&Cs if you're unclear about any aspect of the rules. Here's the Link

If you disagree with someone's point of view, then say so. Attack the argument, not the person making it.

So, enough. No more personal insults. I understand that it's an emotional topic, but there are few topics these days that arent', and if we can't learn to discuss and debate without attacking one another, I suggest that we might be better off jousting or, better yet, clubbing one another with tree limbs just to get it over quicker.

Actually I find this post more offensive than Spawn's. Spawn's post was a personal attack on members of the US Military. As a Veteran I consider it a personal attack on me. I took into consideration the wording and grammar of Spawn's post and was about to ignore it until I read this post defending him. I think Spawn's post violates the T&Cs but no one seems to care about that. If he can spout crap he should be prepared to get crapped on in return. He's entitled to his opinion, but then so am I.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by JIMC5499]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You misunderstand.

I'm not defending him.

I'm defending the Terms & Conditions of this site. His comments, while in poor taste, and quite offensive, were not directed at you. He was speaking about the military in general, and the soldiers that make up the military.

We do have a rule against abusive posting, but in my opinion, what he said didn't qualify.

Using your interpretation, Christians, Muslims, Republicans, Democrats, and so on, could all yell 'Personal Attack' every time an issue comes up that involves their particular group. How are we supposed to talk about anything under that system?

The system we have is simple. Say what you will about public figures and public institutions, but don't insult your fellow ATS members by calling them stupid, ugly, smelly, anti-American, or anything else. Simple, no? How else are we to maintain an environment that encourages discussion if people simply attack one another constantly?

If you want to complain about the post itself, or my handling of the situation, use the complaint feature so we can get this thread back on track. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join