It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How can someone prove to you they have time traveled?"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
does deja vu count as time travel because one time i was in my friends pop-up trailer and i could have sworn i was in there before but it was brand new and no i didnt go shopping for one ever before

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
[edit on 28-3-2007 by mr man]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok OntheDeck....if you want to prove you have time traveled it is easy. First you must travel again. Go back to the day you started this thread and respond to your first post with a response from later in the thread, like this one. You know....just post a qoute from another user and timestamp it. That'll freak some folks out!!! Especially if it's there post with there thoughts they haven't even posted yet!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
How to prove that you time traveled would be very easy to do.
Get in a group photo with a very famous person to the time you went and if you dress in period clothes but where a very modern Watch.

When the photo is looked at they will see that very modern watch is where it does not belong.

Second if you go to the future bring back something from that time.

One it could a newspaper with a date on it when you get back have a lawyer hold on to the paper put it into a sealed box with the date it was sealed and when the date on the paper comes up open that box.

Second bring back a object from that time which has not been invented yet

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
All they have to do is bring back the next month's copys of the NY Times.
It dosen't even have to be originals, it could be digital.

They post them on the internet a month before they are published in the newspaper, then everyone will believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Find your past self. Once everyone sees that you have the exact same DNA there will be no doubt.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Simple, tell me what's about to happen in the next 10 minutes.

I'll believe you then.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheDeck

Well, that depends.

It depends on 'when' you went to.

If you travelled to the future, it's easy to prove. You just bring back a device or material with properties not found in the present. Or you simply win the lottery week after week (yeah ok, but you get the idea).

If you went to the past, it's just as easy.

You find some location in the present, that is intact - such as cave or something that has not been excavated, and leave a 21st century object there hidden well, together with a personal message from yourself.

Experts can verify if the location has been diturbed recently, such as would be the case if you just went along in the present and planted the thing now.

Dig it up, or turn over the rock or whatever, and there's your proof of past time travel.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WAZZIT32
Ok OntheDeck....if you want to prove you have time traveled it is easy. First you must travel again. Go back to the day you started this thread and respond to your first post with a response from later in the thread, like this one. You know....just post a qoute from another user and timestamp it. That'll freak some folks out!!! Especially if it's there post with there thoughts they haven't even posted yet!!!!

Heheh, classic.

Nice one.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My first response to this is "take me with you."

Second to this proof would be someone I consider very credible to attest to their own experiences. If my mom, or our president vehemently asserted that time travel was real - that she / he had time traveled, then I would have to consider that valid enough proof.

A reasonable person would have to give weight to these testimonies (taking relative mental and psychological health into consideration).

There was that guy who said he visited himself in the future, and even got video from this supposed encounter on his cell phone.

If real, that video would constitute pretty persuasive evidence in favor of time travel. What's odd about his experience, however, is that no technology was known to have effected his time travel; but, instead, some sort of natural vortex. This begs the question, is this possible anywhere? Could it happen again? To a greater number of people?

Guess we'll find out...

I was thinking about the question. To me, what does proof of time travel bring to a person? So what if we were given proof enough to convince us that it was real? What then? So you know it's real, but life goes on as usual...

This could be applied to any profound discovery, or experience.

Much like the astronauts, who've even experienced something (walking on the moon) most of their fellow human beings have never experienced, they must return to Earth and live out their days.

Many astronauts, it's been said, have resorted to drinking, or have fallen into a depression. Imagine how our existence down here pales compared to something that profound.

So what are we asking for when we ask for proof of time travel? What are we seeking when we chase ufos, time travel, extraterrestrials, the paranormal, or the like?

Ultimately, we want the same thing - we want freedom. We want freedom to experience something beyond the routine. The routine places us in situations where we are bored, exposed to dangerous, or injurious (physical, mental, or financial) circumstances, and / or keeps us from exercising and experiencing what we feel is thwarted, oppressed and locked up inside.

To me, proof of time travel - without an accompanying / resultant profound change to our existing reality is just another topic of conversation; like politics, or entertainment.

Thus far, we have seen many profound truths exposed; an overwhelming amount of persuasive evidence - facts - that, for example, we are not alone in this universe.

But what has all of this evidence, these truths brought us? Have they brought us one step closer to freedom? Have these past decades brought us one step away from the misery that has plagued this planet?

Superficially, possibly; but deep down, the situation remains as it has for countless millennia.

It is for this reason that facts (truth?) no longer carry the significance they once had - outside of the value inherent in being an accurate representation of reality.

These facts / truths don't have the force necessary to alter reality; only reflect it.

I am interested in only what can actually alter the reality we experience every day - for the better.

Heretofore, no such solution, or effecting power has existed in the form of a fact or a truth, but in forces that are beyond our control, influence, or understanding.

Until our reality changes, which I actually believe will be soon (no thanks to any one being(s)), all of these discussions will be "about" reality, but not to have any real effect upon it.

Of course, if a time traveler felt like taking me for a trip, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would just time travel to your time, meet you and say im a time travel.."whats that you dont believe me?? Ok, well hold on" Then I would time travel to the future or to the past with you. Evidence enough?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I was going to start a thread along similar lines but then found this thread.

This came to mind because of the recent time travel threads that have popped up.

My first response would be that earth bound time travel would have at least one issue I believe. Since the earth rotates and revolves around the sun, would the time traveler follow the course of the earth or remain stationary and end up in space where the earth had been when the time traveler started his time travel expedition?

My second response is that if time travel were somehow possible, all the time traveler would need to do is bring back information on weather for that year, picking and choosing the events carefully as to not pick weather events that were catastrophic enough to cause deaths, because the people from the past could change the outcome of the deaths by warning the people and therefore effect the future. If all of the weather was 100% accurate, it would prove that the time traveler was the genuine article. I don’t see how people from the past having knowledge of the weather ahead of time could effect the future, as long as the weather was just normal everyday type weather, such as rain, thunderstorms, and total rainfall amounts given as well.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
easy- lottery or market numbers from near future, like two weeks or so would do, all they have to do is google when at 'location'

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheDeck

well, they can give me the winning superlotto numbers for my area

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

But what happens if you have travelled a million years into the future how do you prove and explain that?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've read the first page, and am unimpressed. Here is my suggestion.

I do not believe you can travel to the past, because you cannot travel to something that does not exist. fast travel to the future is entirely possible, but it is a one way trip.

DNA test the person, send samples to multiple laboratories, get complete evidence of their Date of Birth. Birth certificate and that is ok, but seriously, get their blood & bone.

Ok, now they do the deed, and get zappped/portaled/whatever 10 years into the future. 10 slow years of waiting pass for us... zzzzz.
DNA test them again. OMG, they haven't aged a day, and a decade has passed for the rest of us peasants. Now that is some good proof, as long as multiple science testing facilities are not all in cohorts etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

RE: the coffee visit interruption idea...sorry, didn't quote post replying to...
This sounds good in theory, but wouldn't basic science prevent this scenario? I have always wondered, can the same matter occupy two different spaces at once? What would happen if two "me"s existed at the same time? How could the same molecules be in two different places at the same time...would it render both mes semi-transparent? Does relativity account for this somehow?

Has anyone (No, I havent read all posts) suggested returning to the present with a captive live homing pigeon or dodo bird? hell, a baby t-rex in a pet carrier?

Seems travel to the past would be easier to prove than coming from te future...

CDS

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ok have proof time travel exists.

Below if a small video I created myself... I've studied PSI and Psychic phenomena for almost 20 years now... and can tell you if you don't believe it that it is very very real. Well I have clear evidence that a psychic by the name of Scott Russell-Hill was able to "travel in time" by predicting future events with amazing accuracy. Forget Nostrodamus... this man is real.

The reason this is proven... is that Scott used to have a radio program called Psychic Saturday Night.... well in 1996 as an end of year show he made 30 predictions... live on air to 100,000s of listeners in South Australia. These were recorded and documented. Of the 30 predictions 29 came true.

I was lucky enough to get hold of the original audio footage from that radio station. You will hear him give chilling accuracy of events in the future... including that in September of 2001 New York would be attacked from the air and that he saw buildings on fire. Remember this was recorded in 1996 live.

So here it is... including the actual audio from that night in 1996. This proves beyond doubt that time travel exists.... for someone to be able to accurately see an event that must have taken place in the future.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

this is how u prove it

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join