It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama = Antichrist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Hail Obama!

EXACTLY what the obamatrons say. And exactly what those who follow the anti-christ will say. Ya'll think you are too smart to get taken in by the anti-christ. Newsflash - most of the world will be taken in.

Obama fits the bill. Two or three months ago I pooh-poohed the thought. But now ... I think it could be.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
very interesting thread

As for Barack being the antichrist, nope. No HUMAN BEING is going to be the antichrist. Here is the biblical truth about antichrist.

666 is the number of the man, this means that Satan/Antichrist appears at the 6th seal, 6th trump, 6th vial. There are many antichrist types, Saddam Hussein, Hitler, the list goes on and on are examples of the types in the flesh. The mark of the beast is going to be IN the foreheads. What is in your forehead, your brain. Anyone that doesn't realize that he is not the messiah and is in actuality Satan, the serpent, the dragon, the Antichrist will bear his mark in their brain and will worship him. The reference to the mark in their hand is that if you believe he is the messiah and you worship him, you do his work, his deeds.

He appears on the earth after the one world government gets off the ground, but suffers a fatal wound. HE IS NOT HUMAN, HE IS A SUPERNATURAL BEING. He will more than likely look like Christ. His appearance to this earth will be like nothing we have ever seen before. He WILL NOT BE BORN TO A WOMAN. HE WILL APPEAR, NOT BE BORN. He is the fake Christ, he will enter in a way that Christ would. He will be the messiah to all. He will be Christ to the christians, he will be Mohammed to the Muslims, etc, etc. He will bring peace to the entire world, he will bring the illusion that he is God. He will have the answers that humanity has been longing to know. He will have an answer for everything, yep including the mysterious pyramids and ALL the mysteries of the world. He will be supernatural. He will be able to shoot lightening from his hands. He will be able to perform miracles. He will bring 10 kings with him. If you think people go crazy over rock stars, wait until you see how humanity will worship him.

Biblical prophecy is that the generation of the fig tree would not pass before the AC's arrival after the Jews returned to Israel. Israel became a nation in 1948 after WWII. Thus opening the door to prophecy of AC's reign. The time span of the generation can vary, it can between 40-110 years as a generation, we are at 60 now and biblical prophecy is happening very fast in today's world. It was initially to be a 7 year reign, but Christ shortened the time to 5 months, thus even God's elect would be deceived. Satan is that good at convincing everyone he is Christ, the Messiah.

When Satan arrives, there will be a great shaking of the earth, it will be an unbelievable experience when he arrives. He will stand in Jerusalem in the temple and claim to be God. He will bring peace to the entire earth. He will pay off everyone's bills. He will be what people whore after and long for as we see wars and human suffering and economical turmoil. There will be a small handful of God's elect that deny him. They will be delivered up and they will testify of God's truth. There will be 2 witnesss that he kills in the streets of Jerusalem. Everyone will rejoice that he has defeated the enemy. The 2 witnesses will be raised from the dead and then the true Christ returns in 3 1/2 days.

If you are into prophecy and follow nostradamus, edgar cayce or any other so called prophet, learn bible prophecy, it is truly amazing and there are more bibilical prophecies that are truth and have occurred down to the minute detail that make nostradamus and the others look like nothing.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Copyright Beyond Enchanted Press 2008 All Rights Reserved.

Spiritual Musings From a Late Winter Cabin

By Goldenheart, a Pen Name

About a year ago when Barack Obama first exploded on the democratic national scene, I recall the way my soul responded when I first ever saw a photograph of him. It ran all over me, like an electric shock, that his face, the facial features, the bone structure, his head size and shape, was the perfect feminine counterpart (omega aspect) of the face, bone structure and features of Osama Bin Laden. (alpha aspect) Artists look for and notice these sorts of things, almost automatically, subconsciously. The resemblance struck me so noticeably that I was riveted. I also felt very, very uncomfortable spiritually and I did not know why. It was as if something was trying to bubble up and come to the surface, some part of me wanted to speak about what it knew, but refrained.

I would stare stupidly at photos and video clips of Obama each time I saw him, just fairly screaming inside: “Does anyone else see what I see?!?”

Of course living alone I had no one to discuss this with. But my soul is utterly convinced that on some subterranean level, on some dimension, Barack Obama is a member of the very same soul family as Osama Bin Laden. Think about it: One working on the eastern side of the world, the other working on the western side. Do they in fact share the same goal, and if so, what might that be? We all know that the highest Muslim radicals are calling for a one world super-state with Islam as the only official world religion. That’s the eastern Islamic world goal. That’s what they are strapping bombs onto the tummies of babies in islamic temple basements, and educating their youth for. They are prepared to fight on for as many generations as it takes to achieve this.

What have Christian Americans been taught for at least 3 generations now? … That the final confrontation includes a figure named in scripture as the Antichrist who heads up a global one world super-state that has only one officially sanctioned religion, and it is not Christianity.

Ok, if you have swallowed all that (above) and don’t think I’m off my rocker, I’ll go deeper. When I look at Barack Obama, I see the aura of an almost immaculately perfect spiritual imposter for something. He can appear Jesusonian. He can appear “Kennedy-esque.” People may even see a potential Avatar in him, and they respond wildly to his speeches.

I personally believe after studying the events of recent months that he may be either connected to a future Antichrist figure, or that he may even be that figure. Remember, when a consummate imposter appears on the scene, he looks like the perfect solution to everything that’s wrong, and the answer to many world problems. We have also always known the Apostate would be an energized orator, one, who like Hitler, could give a speech so rousing, (without actually saying a whole lot – content-wise) that he could sway hearts, minds, and the wills of his audience, and win people over to him on a soul level.

People make the mistake of believing that the Antichrist will appear on the world scene as an evil diabolical, malevolently brilliant personality, like - for example - the blatantly malevolent Osama Bin Laden, who believes it is his life’s mission for God to kill as many western infidels as possible, and to bring down western civilization entirely: global Jihad.

But that’s not it. Not at all. The Antichrist will appear as a the perfect undetectable spiritual counterfeit: a fresh face, a ray of hope, an inspired orator, A UNIFIER, a new leader and political ‘Savior’ for the tired and tattered, inept governmental systems of the US , Britain , Europe and the world. Sound familiar?

See my entire essay at: goldenheart888.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by l0rds0fcha0s

It sounds more stupid than racist. Really? You're scared of a name?? Wow. That's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
To me, it looks as if the blind sheep are worshipping him.

obamamessiah.blogspot.com

Scary!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The worst Obama's been linked to is a slum lord and McCain's been linked to bad lobbyists, but the Clintons have been soaking in crimes since Arkansas. They may not have been prosecuted for any serious crimes but they've been to closely associated with dirty operations to not be suspect. I'm happy to say I never voted for Bush or Clinton.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Barack Obama - the Antichrist? Probably not - but now is the definately the time to stay on guard. Hillary Clinton is definately evil enough, but being a female rules her out. I think we all can agree that George Bush is definately not Anti-Christ material. He may be in some ways evil, or even anti-christian....but I think the AC will be able to form complete sentences and have a profound intelligence. Sorry dubya (and I voted for him in 2000)

Personally, I will most likely vote for Obama should he win the nomination. Mainly becuase I think he is the most honest and intelligent candidate (which we all need after many years of manipulation, deception, and stupidity). Unfortunately I am reminded of a quote from Jimmy Carter when he said that he wept when he realized how little power/influence he had as president.

Here are Scriptures (from the Bible) I dug up referencing the subject of Antichrist and the end times....food for thought:

"Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the* Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour." 1 John 2:18 NKJV

"Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son." 1 John 2:22 NKJV

"By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world" 1 John 4:2 NKJV

"For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."
2 John 1:7 NKJV

Jesus' own words regarding the end-times:

"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

Then He spoke to them a parable: "Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.
When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:25-36 NKJV

Notice the differing spellings of Antichrist versus antichrist in the upper four Scriptures. The capitalized spelling represents a person, while the lowercase version is speaking of a spirit.

kcs

[edit on 28-2-2008 by nnpkjkrv]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
More and more I am becoming convinced he possibly is the anti-christ.

The news media describes him as "messianic", etc.

On Jan. 7, Obama gave a speech at Dartmouth College just before the New Hampshire Primary in which he told students, "… a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote" for Obama.

www.villagevoice.com...

There are people in his fanbase calling him the messiah. People show up at his speeches on the fence and come away swooning over him.

"He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh."

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings."

"He empowers us with words and the authentic emotion behind them and people are rushing into the tent to drink that magic water."

"One would have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by Obama on the stump. It's not so much by what he says but it's the way the crowds respond to his words."

"When he was talking about hope, it actually almost made me cry. Like it really made sense, like, for the first, like, whoa ..."

"It makes me feel like something will actually change. So I'm speechless. I love him."

"He is like a key. He's going to unlock a door."

"My hand embraced in his, and ... I felt something ... something that I can only describe as an overpowering sense of Hope."

"You'll hear something intangible, something we don't even have a language yet to describe... He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

"It's almost like the Messiah, you know? People really, really want change, and you feel it. You don't just hear it -- you feel something coming from him."

www.democraticwings.com...

Now, if he were a true Christian, would he be able to let people talk that way about him? An angel in the Bible protested when a disciple fell at its feet and said not to worship him, that he was his fellow servant.

People have referred to him as a great preacher and other similar things. They act like they've been to a church service instead of a political rally.

Obama has given me the creeps since I first saw him and I didn't know anything about him. I don't get the creeps off people like that normally.

He's also considered a "global candidate" and his cooperation with the United Nations can bring about world government.

Only God knows for sure at this point, but I'm still going to stay away from him. We'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Odd question, but here it goes....

Have any of you, that have these feelings concerning Obama being the antichrist, felt this deep feeling that you must go out and talk about it??

I have, and its one of these feelings that burns me to the core. I'm nobody. I'm basically a soccer mom, with a slight above average intelligence. I am a christian, but certainly not a very good one, you might could even say a bad one. I know the bible somewhat, but certainly not enough to quote it. Yet, here I am, feeling as if I am being called to become a missionary of sorts. I keep fighting it! and yet situations are constantly presenting themselves, where I almost have no choice. Then the most amazing thing happens. The words flow from my mouth, and my heart, without forthought. Words that are powerful, and moving, and people are listening.

I am crying right now as I type this. I dont want to be the crazy "end times" person yelling on the streets. Yet, I feel as if I have never known my purpose in this life, before now.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Here is some more info on Obama.

Odinga of Kenya is Obama's cousin. Here is what Odinga is all about:

eakenya.org...

There is a civil war in Kenya which “currently teeters at the edge of political chaos and civil war in the wake of the disputed Dec. 27 presidential elections. The leader of the Kenyan opposition is Obama’s cousin. Obama has familial connections to Islamists in Kenya.

Barack Obama has had a major impact on the recent disputed Kenyan election. He spoke in support of Orange Democratic Movement opposition leader Raila Odinga when in Kenya in 2006. The two men met last fall when Odinga visited America as each was preparing an “insurgency” campaign in their respective countries. In a recent BBC interview, Raila Odinga, averred that he and Obama were “old friends who spoke often on the telephone”. Odinga also said that he and Obama were cousins, a claim that the Obama campaign was unwilling to acknowledge, (given Odinga’s current difficulties) but did not deny.

allafrica.com...

A mob torched a church where hundreds had sought refuge Tuesday, and witnesses said dozens of people — including children — were burned alive or hacked to death with machetes in ethnic violence that followed Kenya’s disputed election.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Former Clinton aides currently working for Obama were the “mutual acquaintances” who directed Dick Morris to Kenya to advise the Odinga campaign in November of 2007, shortly after Odinga visited with Obama in America. Morris was an extremely divisive factor in the Kenyan elections, as a foreigner, a white man, and the creator of an antagonistic “have vs. have nots” campaign platform for Odinga’s ODM. He also suggested the current campaign of civil disobedience to protest the election result, including a “Million Person March”, a la Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

When things got out of hand following the election, Obama called Odinga repeatedly, but Mwai Kibaki, the leader of the Government would not return his calls as he perceives Obama to be biased toward his Luo relative Odinga in the conflict. Obama is featured prominently in ODM campaign posters, slogans, and songs in Kenya, and the plaintive phrase “A Luo will become President in America before a Luo will become President in Kenya” is often heard.

allafrica.com...

www.jpost.com...

But even in this atmosphere Obama stands out - for not only does he theoretically support appeasement, he is actively advancing the interests of Islamists seeking to take control over a state allied with the US.

Kenya currently teeters at the edge of political chaos and civil war in the wake of the disputed Dec. 27 presidential elections. Those elections pitted incumbent President Mwai Kibaki against Raila Odinga who leads the Orange Democratic Movement. While the polls showed the public favoring Odinga, Kibaki was declared the winner. Odinga rejected the results and his supporters have gone on rampages throughout the country that have killed some 700 people so far. Fifty people were murdered when a pro-Odinga mob set ablaze a church in which they were hiding.

Kibaki is close ally of the US in the war against Islamic terror. In stark contrast, Odinga is an ally of Islamic extremists. On August 29 Odinga wrote a letter to Kenya’s pro-jihadist National Muslim Leaders Forum. There he pledged that if elected he would establish Sharia courts throughout the country; enact Islamic dress codes for women; ban alcohol and pork; indoctrinate schoolchildren in the tenets of Islam; ban Christian missionary activities, and dismiss the police commissioner, “Who has allowed himself to be used by heathens and Zionists.”

www.nysun.com...

Who is behind these massacres? The opposition leader, Raila Odinga, has had a good press in the West, after he accused the president, Mwai Kibaki, of rigging the election. But the victims of the recent violence have mostly been members of Mr. Kibaki’s tribe, the Kikuyu, while those who have gone berserk are supporters of Mr. Odinga’s Orange Democratic Movement, which is dominated by the rival Luo tribe.

Whether Mr. Odinga has ordered his men to commit murder and arson is unclear. But his own background does not exactly suggest enthusiasm for democracy and the rule of law. Mr. Odinga’s father, Oginga Odinga, led the Communist opposition during the Cold War and Raila Odinga was educated in Communist East Germany.

Obama has been denying ties to Islam, yet his family members are Islamic with desires to torture and slaughter nonmuslims. His cousin in Kenya wishes to gain power and enact sharia law in Kenya. Would electing Obama bring the U.S. closer to sharia law? Christians and other nonmuslims are in danger of torture deaths under muslim rule.

In the Bible the book of Revelation tells of those who are to be slain for the word of God. Muslims kills Christians who don't convert to Islam, and sometimes kill them anyway after they convert.

Believers and nonbelievers alike have been noting how Obama is possibly the anti-christ.

Only God knows for certain. I think God may be trying to tell us something though and we should be listening.

Either way, Obama is dangerous. His upcoming election to the White House may lead the way to Islamic takeover of this country and the installation of Sharia law within the United States. Obama is in favor of global government and the United Nations empowerment.

God knows. We shall wait and see.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"Obama ... Obama" Yikes. Seriously. YIKES.
A bit hypnotic. A lotta' bit unbelievable.
All hail Obama and the world shall heal itself.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The legend of the Anti-Christ is made up.

it does not appear in the bible

To say Obama (or anyone else) is the Anti-Christ is like saying "rosie o'donnel is Fat Albert"

though you wouldnt be far off, its a complete myth. Why? Because Fat Albert was a cartoon character. A story created by a man. Fat albert doesnt appear in the bible either, in case you were wondering

The legend of "anti-christ" can be applied to any world leader, since the middle east conflict started. Period.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Wow are you misguided. Try actually reading the Bible before you start blathering about it.

Although I can't say Obama is the antichrist for sure, he makes the most logical candidate that I have ever seen or read about. Not to mention the weird, nervous, sick feeling I personally get when I see him on television. I am a faithful, but not perfect Christian, and in talking with my Church going friends, I have come to find out that they get the same feelings when they see or hear him. With that being said... As long as you have accepted Christ as your Savior (Go to any Bible based Church, and they'll show you how) there is nothing to fear when it comes to the antichrist. I will say that I do feel sorry for those who haven't accepted Christ that will be left behind, as it is you that will suffer the terror that the antichrist will unleash (Read the book of Revelation in your KJV version Bible to find out what that terror is).

I truly am not trying to scare anyone here. I'm just offering my knowledge and personal feeling and the feelings of those I associate with. All I can say for sure is that the Lords word is true, and has proven itself time and time again. The prophecies that have been fulfilled to this point are astounding. It's not too late... Read the Bible, it's all in there. God Bless You All.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by shaneOmac]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
My apologies, as I have been absent from ATS for many months due to unforseen circumstances, I.E. lack of proper internet in my area after I moved. I have not been able to reply to any of you and add to my own discussion.

That being said, I will make a small oberservation since it's late. Now that Elections are drawing closer, and Hillary is out of the running, many topics come to mind that seem to almost "click" together.

Initially I was linking Obama by name and association as the anti-christ, but now it seems even more likely at least to me, that even if he is not, he is something of an enigma.

The prospect of him being president is high, almost unforseen but a short time ago as he was a long shot. People are drawn to him, people love him as if they would love an uncle coming to visit. He has the gift of gab. This is my first observation. He is a well rounded speaker. While I can't hold that against him, the timing is rather coincidental that his "presidency" could parallel the upcoming "2012" hype and paranoia. Change, peace, WAR.

To me, it is if someone pulled the handle on a slot machine, and we are seeing all the cherries line up. However, should Cheney get elected, I'm sure he wouldn't survive his full term(don't think he can take another heart attack). So that leaves him out.

These are just some thoughts of mine right now, but I will try to respond more in depth to some of your posts a.s.a.p.

King

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad
the mark of the beast is 616 not 666.

This is frightening, I live in a 616 area code.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneOmac

actually shane. reading the current king james version of the bible would not be credible to determine that the Antichrist is made up.

it was added to the bible as a way to control the masses. each generation thinks someon is the Antichrist, and they are always wrong. why? because the council of nicea

People of every generation think someone is the antichrist... here are some examples.. all from wikipedia

Jerry Falwell addressed a pastors' conference in January 1999, stating in a sermon on the Second Coming that the Antichrist was probably alive on earth, and certainly a Jewish male.[53] He subsequently clarified that "[t]his is simply historic and prophetic Orthodox Christian doctrine" and had no anti-Semitic roots.

Some of the Spiritual Franciscans considered the Emperor Frederick II a positive Antichrist who would clean the Church from riches and clergy.[34]

Polycarp warned the Philippians that everyone that preached false doctrine was an antichrist. [27]

Irenaeus speculated that it was “very probable” the Antichrist might be called Lateinos, which is Greek for “Latin Man”. [28]

John Chrysostom warned against speculations and old wive's tales about the Antichrist, saying, “Let us not therefore enquire into these things”. He preached that by knowing Paul's description of the Antichrist in 2 Thessalonians Christians would avoid deception.[29]

Augustine of Hippo wrote “it is uncertain in what temple [the Antichrist] shall sit, whether in that ruin of the temple which was built by Solomon, or in the Church.”[30]

Hippolytus of Rome held that the Antichrist would come from the tribe of Dan and would rebuild the Jewish temple in order to reign from it. He identified the Antichrist with the Beast out of the Earth from the book of Revelation.

By the beast, then, coming up out of the earth, he means the kingdom of Antichrist; and by the two horns he means him and the false prophet after him. And in speaking of “the horns being like a lamb,” he means that he will make himself like the Son of God, and set himself forward as king. And the terms, “he spake like a dragon,” mean that he is a deceiver, and not truthful.[31]

Pope Gregory I wrote in A.D. 597, “I say with confidence that whoever calls or desires to call himself ‘universal priest’ in self-exaltation of himself is a precursor of the Antichrist.”[32]

Arnulf of Rheims wrote in A.D. 991, "What do you estimate this to be, reverend fathers? When you see him sitting on a lofty throne glittering in purple and gold, what do you estimate this to be, I say? Without a doubt, if he lacks love, and is only swelled up and lifted up, must he not be the Antichrist, 'sitting in the temple of God, and also showing himself as God'?"[33]

an Paisley, MEP and the leader of the Free Presbyterian Church, loudly denounced then-Pope John Paul II as the Antichrist in 1988 while the pontiff was giving a speech at a sitting of the European Parliament in Strasbourg.

The German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche called himself the Antichrist, going so far as to write a book called The Antichrist. In his famous first book, The Birth of Tragedy, he wrote: "As a philologist and man of words, I baptized it, taking some liberties (for who knew the correct name for the Antichrist?), after the name of a Greek god: I called it the Dionysian."

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That is all well and good, but we are not talking about being anti-Jew, or anti-Christian. We are talking about the man THEE ANTICHRIST talked about in the Bibles books of Daniel and Revelation. Yes, there have been many anti-christs (anti-Christian, not believing in Christ), but again... There will be ONE MAN that is the true antichrist.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Now, no matter how screwed up you all think the world is, it could be a lot worse. These are not the end days. The AntiChrist is supposed come at a time of turmoil and Hell on Earth, and he is supposed to make it better. And, in my case (I'm Roman Catholic), this means the Rapture. Trust me. It will get A LOT worse before the AC comes knocking. Maybe in 2012? 2012=presidential election year=coming of the AntiChrist?

Maybe. No one knows. I hope I'm not alive then. If I am, then I'll hopefully be sucked up into the sky, but I'd rather go the old fashoined way.

For the record, not all Roman Catholics believe in that Rapture hooey. It was invented by a huckster in the 1800's

Check Wikipedia's rapture article

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Now, no matter how screwed up you all think the world is, it could be a lot worse. These are not the end days. The AntiChrist is supposed come at a time of turmoil and Hell on Earth, and he is supposed to make it better. And, in my case (I'm Roman Catholic), this means the Rapture. Trust me. It will get A LOT worse before the AC comes knocking. Maybe in 2012? 2012=presidential election year=coming of the AntiChrist?

Maybe. No one knows. I hope I'm not alive then. If I am, then I'll hopefully be sucked up into the sky, but I'd rather go the old fashoined way.

Well, with the current situation as it is, I don't see the people of our country holding out much longer before there is full out civil war here in our own country again. This time it will not be about equality, but again for opression, the very reason we sought to be free in the first place.

With oil prices "supposedly rising" as they say, and the blatant violation of our constitutional rights, what part of turmoil do you really need? Half of the planet is engaged in some kind of warfare, but we are more out of touch here in this country because it is not on our soil. If new york was attacked with a few hundred aircraft dropping bombs instead of two hitting buildings, do you think your position of turmoil would be more clear then?

I am not claiming that this is the end of days, I just ask about the possibiliites of events that are as of now playing into the right kind of cards. 2012 is a wildcard. Personally, I honestly believe that it will be another Y2K, or end of the world phase. People look to the end times as a definite action, rather than a changeable course. We have the power as thinking beings to alter our own realities, and do what we feel is right, despite what some people lay out at "fate"

I only ask as a curious atheist the information of christians and the possibilities that lie within.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join