Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Barack Obama = Antichrist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
yes, I didnt mean to play down the importance of these figures, for we should always keep our eyes open to the signs (and the season!) But what I mean is, this world is so FLOODED with deceit and disinformation (as anyone on ATS should know) that the minute someone says anything (or posts/takes a pic/etc) it's there for the whole entire planet to see and comment on, which distorts everything. As Pilate said, "What is truth?" So I'm just saying, we shouldnt exert too much energy in chasing the antichrist...he and his kind will be revealed to those who God chooses to reveal it , and most won't believe anyway. The more we seek God, the more wisdom He will open up to us.
As far as "sin", yes we all sin; but even when I sin, I'm aware that God controls all things in my life, and if something good happens in my life, I praise God. If something "bad" happens in my life, I praise God, for His plan is bigger than me. These antichrists however, have no acknowledgement of God in regards to their failures/successes. All our successes are the result of "man's ingenuity", such-and-such law that was passed, such-and-such machine WE created that makes everyone's life better, etc. No acknowledgement of God whether good or bad. That is the spirit of antichrist. PRIDE is the spirit of Antichrist(s).

Ex

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

we shouldn't exert too much energy in chasing the antichrist...
he and his kind will be revealed to those who God chooses to reveal it , and most won't believe anyway.

Excellent Point !

When I read that this IS the end times, I always wonder if every generation thought theirs was also.
WW1
WW2

What makes our generation so special ?
Is there not any hope left alive?

Yes! I believe in the bible, and love reading Revelations
but are you sure it is NOW?????

Why??

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
yeah, there's always gonna be a "Hal Lindsay" saying the end is nigh (ol' Hal said it would be by 1988 if I'm not mistaken) The gist of revelation is that it could be ANY time....to try and pin it to a specific date, year, etc. undermines the intent of scripture, which says to be prepared ALL the time ("like a theif in the night...") However, this doesnt mean we wont recognize the season. I personally am not out in the street on a soapbox, telling the world to repent, though I believe that some folks are called to do just that. I feel that if I continue to do God's will, i.e., helping others in need/loving my neighbor as myself, God will reveal to me the things I need to know about the Antichrist, end times, the beast, Barbara Streisand, whatever.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I should clarify that last sentence: As long as I do God's will for ME....we're all different members of the same body with different functions and different callings.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i've had the feeling he will be trouble...lord help me....

i said it a long time ago and i still feel strange when i see him... almost but not quite the same feelng as Busg.

I have this "gift" of seeing thru people...or a troubling gut feeling...

but i'm as serious as a heart attack....i hope i'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The identity of the anti-Christ will not be known until he appears as himself to the world so really is it worth pondering?

Luxifero

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

we shouldn't exert too much energy in chasing the antichrist...
he and his kind will be revealed to those who God chooses to reveal it , and most won't believe anyway.

Excellent Point !

When I read that this IS the end times, I always wonder if every generation thought theirs was also.
WW1
WW2

What makes our generation so special ?
Is there not any hope left alive?

Yes! I believe in the bible, and love reading Revelations
but are you sure it is NOW?????

Why??

you're right. i guess the main thing for me is our communication is now world wide. there's an obvious open channel for a new world order and single monetary system. so, unless we expand into the universe and the scope broadens or natural global disaster sets us back hundreds of years i'd say the time is approachin.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
i've had the feeling he will be trouble...lord help me....

i said it a long time ago and i still feel strange when i see him... almost but not quite the same feelng as Busg.

I have this "gift" of seeing thru people...or a troubling gut feeling...

but i'm as serious as a heart attack....i hope i'm wrong.

really? hmmm. that troubles me cuz i seem to like the guy.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
the antichrist has to have some kind of healing powers (like jesus) on top of being a peace bringer. maybe that's why we have so many diseases not being cured these days. they gotta set up the antichrist with all the special "potions" to look good when the time comes. i would think this person is some 12 year old kid already displaying mystical skillz out there or a john the baptist type of whatever religion who can be seen as a christ like character. i wouldn't look for somebody that america likes. i'd say we dig our own graves with these wars we are stoking and we fall like rome, babylon and so on. i mean c'mon, history repeats it self like a broken record.

what kind of healing powers are you talking about theres many ways to heal a person:
emotinally
psichologicaly
physically
spiritually
the thing is that a healer may not necessarily be a phisical healer but more of a spiritual healer which is what we need

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000

Originally posted by reaganero
the antichrist has to have some kind of healing powers (like jesus) on top of being a peace bringer. maybe that's why we have so many diseases not being cured these days. they gotta set up the antichrist with all the special "potions" to look good when the time comes. i would think this person is some 12 year old kid already displaying mystical skillz out there or a john the baptist type of whatever religion who can be seen as a christ like character. i wouldn't look for somebody that america likes. i'd say we dig our own graves with these wars we are stoking and we fall like rome, babylon and so on. i mean c'mon, history repeats it self like a broken record.

what kind of healing powers are you talking about theres many ways to heal a person:
emotinally
psichologicaly
physically
spiritually
the thing is that a healer may not necessarily be a phisical healer but more of a spiritual healer which is what we need

yeah, right. that's what set jesus apart from all other healers....anyway, he's gotta have those super hero powers and raise people from the dead and such. we don't need dr. phil..know what i mean.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have a hard time with the whole "raise from the dead" thing. I believe in re-incarnation, but to the same body? If "god" determines it's your time, then how can "god" put you back where you were, did you cliff-dive into a canyon or something?

I believe our spirit comes back to learn lessons we did not learn in this lifetime, but to come back after death for what purpose? Why die in the first place then?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
I have a hard time with the whole "raise from the dead" thing. I believe in re-incarnation, but to the same body? If "god" determines it's your time, then how can "god" put you back where you were, did you cliff-dive into a canyon or something?

I believe our spirit comes back to learn lessons we did not learn in this lifetime, but to come back after death for what purpose? Why die in the first place then?

really? i heard it happens in parts of africa these days. anybody else heard of it?

as for reincarnation i'd say it is possible. or it can be the fact that we all have a common genetic trait that flows linear through all of us and maybe just maybe memory's are passed down somehow?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Reaganero, I think you missed my point, which was I don't see how "god"/"Jesus" would raise us from the dead to inhabit our same celestial body, I.E.--you, now. If you died in 10 minutes, "jesus" would bring you back to do something else. If it was "his" plan, then wouldn't you stay dead, at least until you come back as someone else?

Second note -- Would you care to elaborate on this single genetic trait that we are all tied with?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
what would a different body serve a purpose for if the same one could be reanimated. i don't want to turn into sybil. secondly jesus would probably raise you from the dead in the same body to be a witness to others. oh, and in revelations i think it mentions bodies raising from the dead in the end times?? i gotta look at that again

as for the genetic trait i'd say if you believe in evolution or creationism the human being is connected back to the first man and woman at some point. we're all brothers and sisters screwing eachother into a great populated world. so i'd say we'd all have to have something in our dna that links us physically. just a thought i guess.

other ideas could be that time itself is just a manmade concept and we can somehow drift in and out given unique situations. just look at the research done on lsd. i don't condone that drug use but it does free the mind of time. or maybe in dreams you have a bit of dimension jumping and experience the lives of others? we all know dreams can be so real you can't tell if you're awake or asleep.

maybe we should u2u this topic.

(edited by adding to first point)

[edit on 23-1-2007 by reaganero]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
www.bibleufo.com...

There is no reference to a "leader", a person who will "claim to be God", some charismatic leader that will take over as a world ruler, or anything resembling that in the prophecies Jesus revealed to John. The phrase antichrist, or the plural of it, only appears four times in scripture, the antichrist is not referred to in the Revelation, and was actually described as a living human being during the time he was mentioned:
♦ "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. " (I John 4:3)
The other verses mentioning the antichrist in scripture are:
♦ I John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
♦ I John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
♦ II John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Bottom-line; the stories you have heard about this very charismatic man taking over the world, proclaiming himself the Savior, and being the one to make people take the mark are pure tradition and have no foundation in scripture.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Although the "spirit of the antichrist" (1 John 4:3) has been around for a very long time, and there were relatively minor examples of antichrists long ago (1 John 2:18-19), the ultimate end-time antichrist, identified variously as the "lawless one" or "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:9) or "beast" (all of Revelation 13) is going to be more evil and more incredibly powerful (made possible by That Old Serpent) than any human that has ever existed. In a way, he will be the embodiment of Satan himself because no one is more anti-Christ than Satan.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Worldwide Financial Control

♦ "And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." (Revelation 13:15 - 17)

No prediction in the Bible is more descriptive or crystal clear in it’s meaning than these two verses. A mark, defined as "a scratch or etching", by Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, forcibly placed on the bodies of every human on Earth and used for control of financial transactions worldwide, was not even conceivable until the last century.

With the "terrorist threat" proclaimed by the world’s most powerful forces now overshadowing all global events, such tight control over individual identity is not only conceivable now, but also inevitable. The technology is on the market through such companies as Applied Digital Solutions and growing in popularity as the imagined need for unprecedented security worldwide is emphasized in an ever-increasing crescendo. Once this system is in place and becomes a law rather than a concept, total global corporate control will be completed, and the most specific biblical prophecy will be fulfilled.

The Church view of the Mark of the Beast is as vague as its approach to any doctrinal issue; the mark has something to do with the number 666 and will be the mark of Satan's followers. The monetary connection is virtually ignored, and the only purpose noted is that it is a sure ticket to a fiery hell. The Bible view leaves no doubt about its purpose, or its source; it will be required for every human on the planet to conduct any financial transaction. The mark is not the number 666, and there is no indication that mankind will be forced to take this mark. No single prophecy in the Bible is more clearly defined and easy to identify than the Mark of the Beast.

It must be strongly emphasized that the mark is 'not' the number 666; it is specifically noted that this number is the number of a man, and not the mark. Also, there is no indication that mankind will be forced to take this mark, but rather receive it, and that it is a necessity to buy or sell, for all mankind, at all levels of society. The Beast is not specifically identified, and the word "he" in these verses can be translated as "it". This Beast, and the ones preceding it, are considered as powers, not persons. The image, which somehow takes on a life-like presence, is a likeness, an icon or representation of that power.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The Deception of the Corporations and the Powerful Elite

♦ Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Here, the source of the greatest deception in the history of mankind is solidly connected to big business, and the people who control and profit from it. Not alien invaders in UFOs, not Communism, not satanic cults, but the very entities that control virtually every aspect of human society, the corporate empires. Their total disregard for human welfare, and the very planet they occupy, should make that clear, but that is what makes the deception so insidious. They not only control the purse strings and the flow of essential goods and services through control of all major media sources, they also control the information that the world receives. They not only control the physical aspects of life, but the way the society thinks, thus assuring the deception will continue unnoticed and uncontrolled.

Corporate Personhood - Life to the Image
We are living in the age of "global commerce", about this most agree. We are also living at the beginning of an age of "global commercial control", about this, only few are aware. Capitalism, with all its trappings, is the dominant financial model for the entire world. Capitalism has no god, but it is money, the acquiring of it, and the steady increase of the bottom-line that it serves, and is completely dedicated to. Considering the Bible clearly states that total dedication to money, avarice, is the root of all evil, this means the world is serving, and dedicated to an entity, which is an anathema to the very nature of God. And, at the head of this entity, which the world serves, is the cold, immortal, all-powerful corporation.

www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
the mark of the beast will be literal enough to be an actual obvious choice that if you don't accept it on your hand or forehead it's gonna get chopped off. otherwise it's just another sin.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
the mark of the beast is 616 not 666.

Satanists, apocalypse watchers and heavy metal guitarists may have to adjust their demonic numerology after a recently deciphered ancient biblical text revealed that 666 is not the fabled Number of the Beast after all.

Source

www.religionnewsblog.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join