It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One nation under Allah

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, we had a Catholic (gasp) for President and we weren't all turned into good Catholics. Britain and India and a number of other countries have had women for leaders and haven't turned into nations of apron-wearing, pantyhose waving sob sisters. We've had people of all faiths leading the UN, and no religious mandates were ever handed out there.

Heck, our founding fathers were mostly Deists (not Christians) and several were athiests and agnostics. They didn't push any religious agendas on us.

Here in America, we have "Separation of church and state." Bush's bizarre religious beliefs have shaped his own actions but I don't see any evidence that in 8 years he's turned the nation into an Ultra-Baptist enclave.

I think the whole premise in the article is both bigoted and overblown.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That is all true...but the fact is that America is at war with Islamic fundamentalists and the fact also remains that the very overwhelming majority of terrorists hi-jacking planes, blowing up our embassies and declaring war against the western world are MUSLIM. There is less than a 0% chance that a Muslim candidate would even make the presidential ballot must less win the presidency of the U.S. Wheather people want to accept it or not, we are at war with Muslims on a world wide scale, fighting on several different fronts. It would be the equivalent of electing your worst enemy to be your ruler. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me. But again, just my own personal opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by FlyersFan
His name WAS Baraka

Source, please?
I get tired of people claiming things without sources. :shk:

And I get tired of repeating myself. This has already been discussed.
:shk: right back atchya.

www.freerepublic.com...
Baraka was his birth name. It's from the Quran and it means 'blessed'.

Perhaps he dropped the 'a' when he became a christian. I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
Praying to the same God as everyone else in a different way... please explain to me how that is an indictment of someone's character?

It's not.

But don't forget, the Muslim God is not the same God as the Christian God. The Jewish God isn't the same as the Christian God either.

Christians believe (for the most part) in a TRINITY God. This is blashamous to Muslims and Jews. One God .. but three persons - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

And frankly, I don't care if someone worships the man in the moon - if they can do the job then I'd vote for them.

Obama's resume is empty. He isn't qualified. Give him another 8 years and he could be qualified, but he isn't right now. Edwards wasn't qualified to be VP when he ran with Kerry. It seems the thing to do these days - go looking for a 'fresh face' and forget about qualifications.

Oh ... and before BH says that he's 'quallified' according to the constitution ... yes he fills those requirements, but that doesn't make him qualified. Two years in the senate doesn't make it .. he needs more experience.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Actually you are wrong Flyer... the Judo/Christian/Islamic complex of religions, and their various off shoots including the Baha'i' faith all worship the same God under various names including Yehweh and Allah. Something only the fundamentalist protestants in America deny. After all they all have their root in the Judaic tradition. The trinity is a a dogmatic assertion, of which not all Christians believed when it was made part of the catachism at the council of Nicea.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
[edit on 14-1-2007 by Lecter]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

www.freerepublic.com...
Baraka was his birth name.

According to your source, it was his father's name, not his. And your source claims all kind of 'lies' Obama supposedly told with no source to back up his claims. Who am I going to believe? A state senator with a shining reputation or some Islamophobic dude with a political ax to grind?

Some excerpts from your source:

he believes Barack Obama is a political fraud who "lied to the American people."
Obama is a Muslim who has concealed his religion.
It is likely Obama's father had Mau Mau sympathies or connections, or he would not have been welcomed into the murderous inner circle of rapists, murderers, and arsonists. I believe Obama's secret shame at his family history of rape, murder and arson is what actualizes him.

This 'source' is filled with supposition and huge assumptive leaps with no basis. C'mon, FF. If this crap were true, it would be seen elsewhere... not just on Free Republic...

Nope. Sorry. This is crap. Even the responders don't believe this guy. On the last page of replies:

I come from Kenya, the same country as Obama's father. First of all I would like to correct the author. He claims that the word Barack comes from the word "Baraka". That's correct but he adds to say that it is Arab and not African (Assuming he meant Kenya because Africa is not a country). Swahili is the national Language in Kenya. It's a blend of Arab and Bantu languages. Baraka is a swahili word so he got it wrong this time. I have been speaking swahili all my life so I'm pretty sure of that.
More

:shk:

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Obama sounds muslim... So he must be right?

Sounds like a colored fella, too. Maybe that's the problem???

What's a "colored" fella?

Obama is not any more black than he is white, if that's what you mean.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Just my attempt at dark humor. See the
at the end? I was just messin' around. Perhaps I should keep this kind of humor to my household where the other people know my intent... I didn't mean to offend anyone.

But you're right. Obama is mixed race. But many mixed race people consider themselves black. I figure it's not for me to say. They can call themselves whatever they want as far as I'm concerned, just like religion. He says he's Christian but many insist that he's Muslim... I'll take what he says over what others label him anyday.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Just my attempt at dark humor. See the
at the end? I was just messin' around. Perhaps I should keep this kind of humor to my household where the other people know my intent... I didn't mean to offend anyone.

"Dark" humor??? Hah! Gotcha!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If there truely is separation of church and state, then why would it matter what religion they are.

Yeah, we supposedly have a Christian for a president now and look at us as we slide down the crapper. Maybe a Muslim president would be an improvement...

Yea.. supposed is the operative word here. Bush is NO Christian and anyone who still thinks he is needs to seriously re-evaluate.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
Praying to the same God as everyone else in a different way... please explain to me how that is an indictment of someone's character?

It's not.

But don't forget, the Muslim God is not the same God as the Christian God. The Jewish God isn't the same as the Christian God either.

Christians believe (for the most part) in a TRINITY God. This is blashamous to Muslims and Jews. One God .. but three persons - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

I know this has already been addressed, but in case you missed it, Ill go over it again. Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the God of Abraham. Same God, different names, different ways of worshipping, thats all.

Sorry if I misconstrued what you were saying, but it seemed as if you were implying that because someone was a muslim they couldnt be a good leader of the country (which is something that I disagree with).

Also, I havent decided who I would like to win the Democractic nomination, but really, whats wrong with Obama? He might not have much experience, but after two years in the senate, he has more national and international experience than Bush did when he was elected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join