It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One nation under Allah

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
townhall.com...

So it now seems that for the first time in american history there is a chance that someone other than a christian could possibly be president. Do you think the american people as a whole would vote in a muslim for the president of the united states? How do you think this would effect our current foreign policy and could it be a conflict of interest? For those that have a belief in the religeous armageddon scenerio do you believe this could be an instrument to that scenerio?

Thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Not a chance. Nope never. You would have to have killed every single last Christian, Jew and every liberal who protested for womens rights before a muslim became president of the united states...

Damn, after iraq, you'd have at least 100,000 vets chanting "Hadji Hadji 12 ' o ' clock, pin him down and let Apache rock!!"

You ever seen any of those combat vids from Iraq? you heard the sheer hatred they have for the 'hadji' enemy? you seen the abu Garibh photos??

and then you ask if a muslim could become president??

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I hear what you are saying. It's just a curiosity thing as far as how we americans would react. We have definately changed as a country from what our founding fathers intended. I think that this country and the world are in for some serious changes and I think religeon has a lot do do with it.

We allow our government to pass laws restricting and taking away our freedoms, we take it in the rear to be politically correct and in many parts of the country you can't even communicate unless you know spanish.

For the first time in history we have allowed someone to be sworn in using the Koran rather than the bible.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Who's the muslim running for pres? It certainly isn't Obama.

Did the name confuse you?

[edit on 13-1-2007 by nextguyinline]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yeah, who are you talking about?

Obama is a Christian. Unless you have information to the contrary (Please Post).

The word Muslim does not appear in your source article...

In answer to your question, I don't know why a Muslim shouldn't be president. I don't know what one's religions choices have with effectively running this country.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If there ever was a religion that was diametrically opposed to basic christian cultural paradigyms and basic american values in gereral, Islam is that religion, that a american politician would have effrontery to stand on national TV and be allowed to take the oath of office on the Koran and do so without oppisition is the multicultural straw that signals the demise of a true cohesive people certainly not one nation under God.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
In answer to your question, I don't know why a Muslim shouldn't be president. I don't know what one's religions choices have with effectively running this country.

Yeah BH, I was just about to say: If there truely is separation of church and state, then why would it matter what religion they are. While that may make sense on paper, I still can't ever see it happening. A muslim, President of the US? rofl.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantheria
that a american politician would have effrontery to stand on national TV and be allowed to take the oath of office on the Koran

Nobody "took the oath of office on the Koran". The oath is taken while holding a book or item of choice or none at all. Some people have held other books. They can hold their Grandpa's rabbit's foot if they want.

And would you rather have a Muslim hold a bible??? What sense would that make? I'd rather he hold a book that means something to him, myself.

And don't forget, this particular Koran was once owned by Thomas Jefferson. Remember that "freedom of religion" thing from the First Amendment?

certainly not one nation under God.

This is NOT one nation under God. Why do you think so many people have an issue with that phrase??? We all don't worship God. And I hold the Constitution (which secures Freedom of Religion) as a higher authority than some pledge to the flag.

Can we get an answer to who this thread is about???

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If there truely is separation of church and state, then why would it matter what religion they are.

Yeah, we supposedly have a Christian for a president now and look at us as we slide down the crapper. Maybe a Muslim president would be an improvement...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticCan we get an answer to who this thread is about???

I think this thread may be about this...

LINK

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ellison isn't running for president. And the link in the OP refers to Obama. This is an attempt (as far as I can tell) to say that Obama is Muslim. And there's no indication of that.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Haha... OK it was just a shot in the dark. I have no clue what the heck this thread is about then. Obama sounds muslim... So he must be right?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Ellison isn't running for president. And the link in the OP refers to Obama. This is an attempt (as far as I can tell) to say that Obama is Muslim. And there's no indication of that.

I believe that Obama is becoming a threat for many political candidates in 2008 if he becomes one.

The best way to discredit him without making it racial is getting to the one thing that Christians are afraid of A muslin president because in US is a lot of people that will do as they are told, relating the name Obama, Osama with Islam and terrorism will do the damage needed.

And the sad thing . . . people will believe it.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Obama sounds muslim... So he must be right?

Sounds like a colored fella, too. Maybe that's the problem???

A senator and a lawyer, a professor and a father, a Christian and a skeptic, and above all a student of history and human nature, Senator Obama has written a book of transforming power.
Source

It was because of these newfound understandings that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ on 95th Street in the Southside of Chicago one day and affirm my Christian faith. It came about as a choice, and not an epiphany. I didn't fall out in church. The questions I had didn't magically disappear. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side, I felt that I heard God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth.
Source

Sounds like a Christian to me...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oddly enough, the original post and thread title actually make a point as to why Obama can't win in the US.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I apologize if I have mislead anyone that is not my intention. I may have two seperate events intertwined. Ellison is the guy that used the koran and is the first muslim elected to congress. I am not implying that Obama is a muslim(I really don't know) only that he has thoughts of the presidency as well as Ellison.

The objective of this thread is determine peoples view points if a muslim were elected as president and because of being a muslim how that would reflect on our foreign policy and other national issues.

Just for the record I don't personally care whether obama is a muslim or not I don't agree with his positions on gun control, abortion, and the death penalty.

If I understand this correctly a person can be sworn in using anything they wish, whether it be the bible, the koran, or a rabbits foot. If people are indifferant to the bible or the koran how would they feel if someone wanted to be sworn in using the satanic bible(assuming one exists). In this country we are suppose to have a seperation of church and state but if an elected person is muslim, christian, or an atheist the ideals and morals of that person will directly influence that persons decisions so in essence there can truely be no seperation of church and state. I'll have to do some research on this issue but I believe the founding fathers intended the church and state seperation to allow people to worship as they pleased, in comparison to a state sponsored church such as the church of england.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh no The Dreaded

CHANGE

is coming.

So what if a Muslim is elected Pres. As long as he treats the country well, and dosn't nuke anyone I am pleased.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
townhall.com...
Do you think the american people as a whole would vote in a muslim for the president of the united states?

I would think a black man or a white woman would come first, but realistically I can't see that happen neither as long as the majority of voters in this country are white men.

A Muslim?
Not a snowballs chance in Hell.
No way, it's never going to happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
But what is so bad about Muslims that make them unfit for being the pres

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
But what is so bad about Muslims that make them unfit for being the pres

If they're an American citizen and they're for this country......nothing.
I'm just reflecting the general view of Muslims in this country (whether it be wrong or not). I'm not bashing anyone here, but it stands to reason to the average American,
Muslim = terrorist.
And I do stress the word "average". As long as the average American takes this view, you'll never see a Muslim preseident.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join